Weapons & Equip white mana potion

skyblade57

Skeletron Prime
so, 2 items in 1.3 were added for rangers the infinite musket pouch and the infinite arrow quiver, however I have seen people saying that you need large amounts of mana potions in order to fight endgame bosses, so I have made a referential item that will provide mages with enough mana to last them an eternity, the white mana potion.

white mana potion
TESV_White_Phial.png (placeholder for actual sprite, if anyone decides to make it)
-100% mana usage, -5% to -15% magic damage
crafting: 5 stardust fragments, 5 nebula fragments, 30 super mana potions, 20 ectoplasm, mana flower
alt stats: every sucessful hit you restore 5% mana of the damage dealt, you cannot use mana potions with this equipped, +5% to 10% mana regeneration rate

it is an accessory, and for those of you who haven't figued it out it is refrencing this

Last edited:
You would need a lot more of a reduction if this is ever going to be viable. 25% at the absolute minimum.

Edit: A smaller penalty could be put in place if when you run out of mana it acts like you drank the smallest mana potion. Mana sickness and all.

Last edited:
I do like that idea other than the minus magic damage percent. That just seems OP to me, needs to be higher, I'd say 30% would be good.

-100%?
Please, at most 50%.
100% will make everything use 1 mana.
You know where that leads.

Here's a sprite to show my support.
whitepotion.gif

-100%?
Please, at most 50%.
100% will make everything use 1 mana.
You know where that leads.

Here's a sprite to show my support.

If he's basing it on the infinate arrows and muskets, then -100% would make more sense, I just think the magic power should get a more severe debuff, to reflect a "magic version" of only having default arrows/bullets.

So the infinite arrows and bullets actually let you use "normal" wooden arrows and musket bullets...
Normal ammo, but mana works different, I like the idea of an infinite mana potion, and yeah, it should apply the mana sickness debuff like the "normal" mana potion

-Seriously OP in my opinion.
-The recipe is a total wreck, 30 Super Mana Potions and 20 Ectoplasm is very weird for an accessory recipe.
-Mana weapons use Mana for a reason, so it can be balanced. Ranged weapons use ammo because logic, melee weapons don't need anything since it has a short range out to attack and Magic weapons use Mana so they can balance out their complexity and damage.

Have you seen Mana Flower? That's pretty much infinite (automatically replenished) mana - just need to drop a stack or two of mana potions into your inventory. And those are quite easy to make/buy.

Actual infinite mana item would probably work too, but I'd imagine that lots of people would prefer using Mana Flower instead (since the damage penalty is temporary rather than permanent that way).

I hardly see how mana, a resorce that naturally refills, having the possibility so be restored repeatidly (Ya'know, like how potions already let you) with at least a 25% debuff to strength is over powered. If it's based off of the infinite quiver than it should act like it, only restoring 50 like the lesser mana potion. (The lowest tier) Then applying an additional reduction to damage that stacks?

Think about this carefully. If the player has a perminant reduction to magic power of at least 25% and then uses the white potion to restore a measly 50 mana, they get the mana sickness debuff, which can stack once to reduce the players Magic power by 25% twice. This means if the player burns through (only) 50 mana within 10 seconds they will be down 50%, then it caps. So if we "only" reduce magic power perminantly by 25% then if the player let's their mana fall to zero, therre is a high chance they could easily have only 25% their regular power.

So if you still think it's over powered, then just make the player unable to use mana potions while it's equiped via bebuff that's perminant while equipped, and lasts for at least 5 seconds when removed. Or Make it mutually exclusive with the Mana Flower. Or both.

Eitherway, given how much the magic in this game gets downgraded anyway, how weak it is right now, and how much longer it already takes to do what any other class can, I can hardly accept an idea like this as "overpowered."

I feel eh about the idea in it's current state, and I agree that the crafting recipe is not inline with how other accessories are made. If I were to implement a mana counterpart to the magic quiver I'd make it like this:

-Mana regenerates at fixed rate, for example 20 mana a second (can be adjusted up or down for balance, I just picked a number that would be easy to work with.) as opposed to the current regen faster as it goes/exponential rate.
-Mana regeneration is no longer stopped by mana consumption
-You can no longer use mana potions with this equipped

So with this accessory you no longer get insanely fast mana regen, actually it would take ten seconds to fully regenerate your mana bar with this, but in turn if you could either lower your weapons mana cost/use a efficient weapon and/or buff base regen rate you can have effectively infinite mana in the right circumstances. The wiki states an items use time is in milliseconds, so if I can figure how much mana an item can use in 60 miliseconds/one second, I can figure out if particular weapons (w/o modifiers) can get unlimited mana. So if I take 60 milliseconds divided by the use time multiplied by the mana cost I can figure out an weapons mana usage! And for the values below, subtract 20 to get the adjusted cost with this accessory.

Blizzard staff: Base 54 mana/s (34 with the accessory)
Last Prism: 72 mana/s
Nebula Arcanum: 80 mana/s
Nebula blaze: 75 mana/s
Bat scepter: 15 mana/s = Infinite mana!
Shadow Beam Staff: 24 mana/s So close!
Golden Shower: 24.5 mana/s No infinite mana, but close enough.
Magical Harp: 22 mana/s = So, so close, with right modifiers some of these could easily be infinite mana combos
Crystal Storm: 40 mana/s
Water bolt: 37.5 mana/s

Even without the infinite mana combo for most weapons, I think the heavy discount on mana usage is a plenty good bonus.

Back
Top Bottom