Why is the Lunar Portal garbage

layman9

Brain of Cthulhu
Its damage is pathetic, it has horrible aim, its penetration is wasted... why are the stats on this thing so horrible?

Because it takes no minion slots and compliments your normal minions and sub weapon as a third independant damage source.

Of course it's not going to solo things for you.
The Rainbow Crystal Staff can get you to wave 15 on frost moon by itself. Your point is invalid.

Lunar portal isn't garbage. Place it in the right spot and it will obliterate rows and rows of enemies. It really compliments the rainbow crystal as it has much farther range. Place it a bit closer to the ground than the rainbow crystal.

People really don't know how to use summoner do they?

Lunar portal isn't garbage. Place it in the right spot and it will obliterate rows and rows of enemies. It really compliments the rainbow crystal as it has much farther range. Place it a bit closer to the ground than the rainbow crystal.

People really don't know how to use summoner do they?
"much further range"? Rainbow crystal reaches OFF SCREEN

As with all turret summons, their purpose is simply to compliment your normal damage. If they'd be just as good as the other weaponry you'd need to balance bosses and such accordingly which in turn makes these turrets almost mandatory to use.
I suggest seeing it less as a weapon but more as a buff, something intented to give you a bit of a edge, nothing more.

Why is it not garbage: You can use it along with every other turret minion and it doesn't take a minion slot.
Yes I'm still using Spider Queen.

Why is it not garbage: You can use it along with every other turret minion and it doesn't take a minion slot.
Yes I'm still using Spider Queen.
I used spider queen and frost hydra up until I got the lunar portal and rainbow crystal. My hot bar can only have so many items in it.

I love Lunar Portal staff. Its much more reliable against multiple enemies than other turret staves, doesn't have slow moving projectiles, and hits pretty fast and hard.

Rainbow Crystal has its issues, for sure, but I've got no complaints about Lunar Portal.

With delayed explosions. That miss anything moving faster than a zombie.

I also HIGHLY have doubts that the rainbow crystal will solo frost moon because there is no way it's hitting Ice Queen consistently enough or hard enough.
I managed to trap her in the stage where she twirls shooting icicles while on the crystal, it killed her in about 20 seconds.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441638432,1441638382][/DOUBLEPOST]
My only complaint about is is that it doesn't make BRRRRRT or BWONNNNG noises.
Now THAT is something we need.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441638465][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love Lunar Portal staff. Its much more reliable against multiple enemies than other turret staves, doesn't have slow moving projectiles, and hits pretty fast and hard.

Rainbow Crystal has its issues, for sure, but I've got no complaints about Lunar Portal.
I really don't see how the Rainbow Crystal is flawed at all, it does constant massive damage to everything on the screen :)

i can see what the lunar portal is doing, but i'm not exactly sure how the rainbow crystal actually even does or what that translates into damage.

i can see what the lunar portal is doing, but i'm not exactly sure how the rainbow crystal actually even does or what that translates into damage.
It shoots massive rainbow spikes out in all directions dealing continuous damage to enemies on them that explode into color tornadoes doing even more damage.

I have it in my #2 slot. I place it whenever I am going to be stationary - like fishing - for a while.

I really don't see how the Rainbow Crystal is flawed at all, it does constant massive damage to everything on the screen :)

That's just it . . . it doesn't do constant massive damage to everything on the screen.

What it DOES offer is somewhat unreliable screen saturation with damage, but its hit rate is atrocious. The delay between a "shot" and the actual impact is long enough that enemies walk out of the way, and it doesn't readjust itself. I would propose that its probably fairly awesome against enemies like Golem, or maybe the Destroyer, and it does have high damage, but its hit rate is very unreliable.

Lunar Portal is much better at hitting its targets, and is excellent against invasion style hordes.

Ultimately, the best thing about this debate is that . . . you can use both at the same time, for free. You never have to pick, and you can always have both. There are clearly people who each find one or the other to be better, but both are equally easy to use and non-exclusive to the other.

That's just it . . . it doesn't do constant massive damage to everything on the screen.

What it DOES offer is somewhat unreliable screen saturation with damage, but its hit rate is atrocious. The delay between a "shot" and the actual impact is long enough that enemies walk out of the way, and it doesn't readjust itself. I would propose that its probably fairly awesome against enemies like Golem, or maybe the Destroyer, and it does have high damage, but its hit rate is very unreliable.

Lunar Portal is much better at hitting its targets, and is excellent against invasion style hordes.

Ultimately, the best thing about this debate is that . . . you can use both at the same time, for free. You never have to pick, and you can always have both. There are clearly people who each find one or the other to be better, but both are equally easy to use and non-exclusive to the other.
I mean, I don't really see why you have to AIM when your shooting giant crystal spires in every direction

Damage and Attack Speed doesnt matter if accuracy sucks as hell. Youre basically trying to kill a person blindfolded like that.

Damage and Attack Speed doesnt matter if accuracy sucks as hell. Youre basically trying to kill a person blindfolded like that.
But the Portal has even worse accuracy, its beam hits one are for like .3 seconds before moving on

Back
Top Bottom