Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
As frustrated as I am by the huge delay in release on xbox, it's not the end of the world. In fact, I never would have known if it hadn't been for the update on my Vita.

While it's frustrating, I have to hope it's for a good reason. I hope it means that MS really is making sure that all the bugs are worked out so that we're not tearing them apart when dopey things happen in our games.

Let's all just have patience and take advantage of this time to collect materials for things we know will be coming in the future, and decorate a lovely home for the Stylist for when we rescue her from the evil spiders!

if this update is glitchy as crap,i will cry. why is it taking so freaking long!? did the stylist get kidnapped on our way to xbox?! did it fail certification and 505 games didn't tell us!?

As Cenx noted, it is still with MS. I poked 505 on the situation this morning, and it is still as we have been saying: it is sitting with Microsoft, they have not said one way or the other yet, and noone knows why the delay. Rest assured that 505 is staying on top of the situation, but there really isn't anything that they can do about anything until MS gives the word.

I know it is frustrating - it is frustrating to us as well - but it sorta is the literal definition of "it is what it is" until we know more. Sorry. :(

Unfortunately the update is out of our hands at this point. Microsoft is in control of when it releases ... as soon as they approve it we will be able to say more.

As Cenx noted, it is still with MS. I poked 505 on the situation this morning, and it is still as we have been saying: it is sitting with Microsoft, they have not said one way or the other yet, and noone knows why the delay. Rest assured that 505 is staying on top of the situation, but there really isn't anything that they can do about anything until MS gives the word.

I know it is frustrating - it is frustrating to us as well - but it sorta is the literal definition of "it is what it is" until we know more. Sorry. :(
well atleast you guys gave us news!:)

If they added multi-player zoom, it would probably get certified faster. Microsoft has a long history of fast-pathing games with multiplayer zoom.

Just sayin'.

You know what. I just can't trust 505 Games anymore

Why are you blaming 505 Games? As Cenx and Loki said above: the update is in Microsoft's hands. Any delay on the update is Microsoft's fault - not 505's. All we can do is wait for their decision and hopefully we'll have some news soon.

there doesn't seem to be any evidence the cert testing people at Microsoft actually exist. I keep seeing them get blamed for all of this but can't seem to find any information from or about them?

there doesn't seem to be any evidence the cert testing people at Microsoft actually exist. I keep seeing them get blamed for all of this but can't seem to find any information from or about them?
You caught us. It is definitely a massive conspiracy. :p (seriously?!)
I wasn't trying to imply a full on conspiracy especially not one that anyone from re logic has anything to do with. what's more likely is some unpaid intern at 505 never actually hit the send button, until yesterday or something to that effect and they're not telling anyone what happened because it's mildly embarrassing and would cause dumb fans to rage super hard over it.

I wasn't trying to imply a full on conspiracy especially not one that anyone from re logic has anything to do with. what's more likely is some unpaid intern at 505 never actually hit the send button, until yesterday or something to that effect and they're not telling anyone what happened because it's mildly embarrassing and would cause dumb fans to rage super hard over it.

That is also not the case. Rest assured that I am in regular contact with 505 on stuff like this. Noone would forget...and if by some odd chance they did, I would have reminded them several times while I was asking for status updates. ;)

that's cool and it helps to know that. so is it like, weird for you to ask the cert testers at Microsoft for status updates?

I like how people are telling us to keep calm and wait when that is literally the only thing we can do and have been doing for months and nothing is happening and for me the worst case scenario is that i stop playing terraria and go back to Minecraft.

I KNEW IT! ;)

Appreciate the update of the update, it helps seeing the game makers give a little reassurance from time to time.

One quick question, will the update have a fix for the constantly freezing world's during the loading screen for xbox 360? Multiple people seems to be having this issue more and more including myself. We've filled out our tickets, mentioned in posts, but I haven't heard anything on if there is any fix found.
This glitch is the worst, unable to access world's with 200+ hours. It's almost as bad as 1.2 release *cough cough*;)

Again thanks for the update and we'll try to cut a little slack so to speak!

One quick question, will the update have a fix for the constantly freezing world's during the loading screen for xbox 360? Multiple people seems to be having this issue more and more including myself. We've filled out our tickets, mentioned in posts, but I haven't heard anything on if there is any fix found.
This glitch is the worst, unable to access world's with 200+ hours. It's almost as bad as 1.2 release *cough cough

Would depend on what is causing it. If the file itself is corrupt then I doubt it - but if there is some code-side issue, then possibly? Not speaking for 505 here - just speaking from experience on our end (if this were, say, PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom