Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I'm on the 360.

Kk here's an image we can reference back to ( terraria gamepedia )

Purple_and_Black_Dye_applied.jpg

Purple_and_Black_Dye.png

It's a bit lighter but that could be because I used the pharaohs chest piece, still tho, it looks lighter than the picture from the wiki

y3m5-CRZULRLDNJ3vaivlZ5qblF96ltoWg7ZrStI_0lrxVlMbC4CvBRcYr3I4R7zNPJDZW6jcdGIHCAREFAEcrIbac2vj6gY9kwTb_cJiW2ViPFGy7iVlox-pfI8Dg7YorlLEM2iJoMQuBnoqVsfcuoDw

so now i expect we can talk about 1.3

Well, after the things that don't work correctly get patched, then 1.3 will be a major move. It'll be very lucky for everyone on last gen to get the 1.3 update. BUT that's a 50% chance. But still, its possible.

Spectre Mask set bonus is fixed and in the next update. No news on timeframe yet.

Renaming chests and safes I'm looking into.
Thank you so much for the help and updates you are a hero to us terrerians ;)
[doublepost=1468350290,1468350149][/doublepost]
Ive walked onto a bug too. I cant see any of the capes. Ive worn on Vanity AND Equipped and still no visual on the capes. Hope this gets fixed in the item patch.
Try making your wings invisible because they override the cape visual so you can see the cape when the wings are visible

Well, after the things that don't work correctly get patched, then 1.3 will be a major move. It'll be very lucky for everyone on last gen to get the 1.3 update. BUT that's a 50% chance. But still, its possible.
When you keep emphatically stating this stuff about last gen not getting the 1.3 update you are giving them permission to not make it. Xbox 360 runs battlefield games and GTA V if a phone can handle Terraria but cannot handle these games its is not a tech problem. There are alot of versions of terraria being made now so updates take longer quit saying all this stuff about next gen not getting it or you will make it happen. By the way good job on the update disappointed by the wait on it but im happy it is here. Problems I have noticed is teleporting is buggy pressure plates no longer work if they are placed on teleporters for returning and sometimes teleporters only work one way. There is a frame rate lag when entering heavily built upon areas anytime I go near my castle or some large pixel art I have built i get extreme lags same goes when near my underwater base or my theme roomed areas. Naming chests is bugged when I first downloaded the update the option was there on the chest but since that time the option has disappeared. I think maybe more people might need to be allocated for the updates to arrive more promptly considering how many platforms there are now. Do not abandon people that purchased the game on last generation platforms based upon convience.

Last edited:
When you keep emphatically stating this stuff about last gen not getting the 1.3 update you are giving them permission to not make it. Xbox 360 runs battlefield games and GTA V if a phone can handle Terraria but cannot handle these games its is not a tech problem

You're assuming Terraria is not an intensive game to run at all because it is 2D. This is untrue. Sure games like GTA and Battlefield can run on them, but not without consuming almost all of its available resources, as well as tricky use of reusing textures, shading, etc. Both games also suffer from FPS issues below 30 A LOT.

Terraria is an intensive game because all of the blocks in the world are loaded into memory, and everything you can do with them also is loaded in, alongside lighting, liquids, etc. When 1.3 was released for PC, everyone was notified that more powerful CPU and processing was going to be required for it to work effectively and smoothly.

While I am not certain if it will happen or not, you need to remember that 360 is 11 year old technology.

As others have noted before - focusing on graphics and saying "X can run <pretty graphics game>, so Terraria is easy" is not really an accurate take to how the game works at all. Terraria is a RAM-hungry beast, because everything is loaded in from the start for just one. For the lower RAM devices, functionality has to be removed or compromised to get them to work at all.....3DS with its small worlds.....Mobile with the more limited UI and such.....and even then, its busting at the seams a lot - which has caused stability issues in the past (PS Vita). When will the straw that breaks the camel in half arrive has to be a legit fear. 1.3 greatly raised the tech specs for Terraria on PC - particularly in the RAM area. Old gen is over a decade old at this point...and is particularly weak in the RAM space (512MB - whereas phones <1gb are already having issues with even the mobile version of Terraria circa 1.2.4), and have been effectively discontinued - at the very least Microsoft has made that clear about the 360 as of April.

So yeah, taking all of that into account....I would have to surmise it is a real possibility. We will have to see what 505 comes up with - I have to assume that a large part of the planning has to be seeing what is possible where. From the Re-Logic end, though, we would always support a well-working version of the game with less content than more content with substantial compromises to stability or the gameplay experience we want players to have - if that were indeed the choice.

Not saying who is right or wrong - more just that its likely a legit area of "unknown" if one takes a close look at everything. We shall all just have to wait and see.

As others have noted before - focusing on graphics and saying "X can run <pretty graphics game>, so Terraria is easy" is not really an accurate take to how the game works at all. Terraria is a RAM-hungry beast, because everything is loaded in from the start for just one. For the lower RAM devices, functionality has to be removed or compromised to get them to work at all.....3DS with its small worlds.....Mobile with the more limited UI and such.....and even then, its busting at the seams a lot - which has caused stability issues in the past (PS Vita). When will the straw that breaks the camel in half arrive has to be a legit fear. 1.3 greatly raised the tech specs for Terraria on PC - particularly in the RAM area. Old gen is over a decade old at this point...and is particularly weak in the RAM space (512MB - whereas phones <1gb are already having issues with even the mobile version of Terraria circa 1.2.4), and have been effectively discontinued - at the very least Microsoft has made that clear about the 360 as of April.
I agree. Every platform of Terraria has its ups and downs. That's why I've always looked at it like this: In order to really understand what each version is potentially capable of in the future, you have to understand its limitations and where it falls short in handling certain things. As an example, the most recent 3DS update added the Frost Moon. But when there's an Ice Queen present, nothing else will spawn. I'm guessing that is because of the system's limitations, and was the only way to make it work without causing something else that might've ruined gameplay. The other consoles are no different. Both the 360 and PS3 are really old consoles (which actually surprised me at first), yet somehow they're still stable with all this 1.2.4 content that recently got added.

I still have faith in the older-gen consoles getting 1.3, even if it comes at the cost of not getting Expert Mode or something else that might hold it back.

Problems I have noticed is teleporting is buggy pressure plates no longer work if they are placed on teleporters for returning and sometimes teleporters only work one way.

Some possible help here: double check some of your wiring at the end that has problems. I had several instances that I had wired up to take advantage of the glitch that allowed adjacent wiring to power an object that suddenly failed post update. Wires must now come into direct contact with the item you intend to wire up. If you have switches on the sides of teleporters but only have the wire touching the switch or teleporter but adjacent to the other object, you will need to complete the circuit.

I DO have one lever switch that no longer functions however I'm thinking remove and re-add SHOULD fix the problem
as the wiring is solid.

All of 'em just got stuck in the resetting game objects for a minute or 2. They even tried restarting the game but nothing works so far.
When I join then, however, it always fails to join (stuck at resetting game object) on first attempt, but successful on second attempt. (join through in-game menu)

Gonna do some more experiments later to see if I can pin-point the problem.

I'm an Xbox One player, and my GT is Targart.

plz help, this is really bothering me-_-

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled Terraria, doesn't work either. I've also submitted a ticket to 505 customer support.

Can you confirm the version number you see on the title screen when the game first boots up? It's in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom