NPCs & Enemies Will you fix Meteor Heads in 1.04?

Lakmoots

Terrarian
It has been said that 1.04 is an attempt to look at all previous elements of Terraria and fix them.

One thing that has been left for *years* is how Meteor Heads operate in Hardmode.

A long time ago, they were changed so they NEVER drop money or Meteorite when a world enters hardmode... why?

it has been a long time since there was any need to ''nerf'' the money drops from Meteor Heads, and depriving people of the ability to even collect meteorite seems stupid now.

Is there any chance this will be fixed? It seems weird to have one kind of enemy that operates differently to all others simply because of balance issues from many, many years ago...

I don't think the issue was ever money or meteorite, rather it was automated biome key farms. With only a little bit of effort, you could set up a very efficient and risk-free key farm. That I believe (believe, mind you) was the reason they stopped dropping anything in Hardmode.

I don't think the issue was ever money or meteorite, rather it was automated biome key farms. With only a little bit of effort, you could set up a very efficient and risk-free key farm. That I believe (believe, mind you) was the reason they stopped dropping anything in Hardmode.
As it should be, cheating the game is no fun -_-

Excellent point...

However, this has been a problem with *lots* of enemies and biomes... and they have never fixed Meteor Heads even though the coding no longer needs it.

Other monsters and biomes have simply been programmed not to drop biome keys, but the loot table for this monster has been left broken.

There is simply no reason to prevent people farming Meteorite in hardmode, this problem has moved on!

Other monsters and biomes have simply been programmed not to drop biome keys, but the loot table for this monster has been left broken.
My understanding is that if an enemy drops coins, it can drop a biome key or any other biome-based drops like yoyos. This is probably why - for example - the Pillar enemies don't drop anything. There are so many of them you'd be able to get the biome items very quickly. Do you know of any enemies that do not drop biome keys but do drop coins?

The case with Meteor Heads is that it's very easy to AFK farm them since life regen far exceeds the damage they can do.

I'm also on the team of those who wants Meteor Heads to give their loot on hardmode. Not only because It's an infinite source of Meteorite Ore, beside in low chance, beside It could also get some love, and have new monsters on hardmode.

As Kazzy said, they give no loot because they were being exploited to get some items with ease, like is the case of the biome key (molds, at the time), and goodie bags. But that fix didn't lasted long, because they added the antlion den. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom