Mobile [Windows Phone] Terraria crashes while launching after new update - 1.2.2.1

People should realise they are not a massive development team. They've stated they're working with MS to fix the issue.
We can't really expect them to forsee every kind of problem for every kind of device out there when release an update.

It's ok to express annoyance at the fact you can't use something you paid for but without zero technical knowledge we can't really comment on the debugging process or how long it will take to fix.

Personally I think the PC version outshines console and mobile versions, I like the game that much I would have bought it for the price of all 3 versions combined, just so they have more funds to develop more lovely games like this. :dryadpassionate:

Are y f**king serious? If a company releases a bad patch, fine it happens, but standard practice is to have that fixed or rolled back WITHIN DAYS AT MOST. It is now about to pass the 6 months mark of this particular app being UNABLE TO RUN, PERIOD, on an entire platform, yet (and this is the kicker) is STILL BEING SOLD TO PEOPLE.

Don't even begin to talk about "zero technical knowledge" either, as I can tell you right now I am not lacking in THAT department, and from a actual professional standpoint this particular situation is both DISGUSTING and HILARIOUS at the same time. And if this was my company these incompetent staff responsible would have been CANNED long ago. Also I wouldn't be in business anymore if I showed such hubris and disrespect towards PAYING CUSTOMERS.

This is straight up neglect and/or incompetence on behalf of the developers and this app should have been PULLED from the app store MONTHS AGO. I realize you are about 12-14 just based on your avatar so I forgive your limited world view but this is business and real life my friend, and if you advertise and charge for a product, even one that is 5$, THAT DOES NOT WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE it isn't a case of "oh it's a small developer team, just give them more time to make a product that works but give them more $$ so they can do that OK", no, in the real world that is called FRAUD, and if this was a different situation, for example business software, you can damn well bet this company would be up to it's a** in legal action from P*SSED OFF CLIENTS.

AS it stands right now nothing short of a refund for each and every person who purchased this app is acceptable but we all know that will never happen, and the devs should come clean with what we all know is the truth - they are inept, or they simply have not been bothered to put in the effort required and on top of that are totally OK with knowingly f**king people out of money by selling a non-functional app in the mean time - but we also know THAT will never happen either.

I realize you are a fan but have some self respect - you are defending what amounts to fraudulent actions by a 3rd rate "developer" (see: ports other people's games to mobile, so hardly even a developer by standard definition). If you truly believe that leaving a game in a fully broken state for over 6 months while still charging people money for it, and no clear intention of ever fixing the issue, is in any way defensible, then you are the reason that this kind of sh*t is allowed to happen in the first place, and for lack of a better term, a huge sucker. And if you truly believe someone over there is "working real hard to fix this issue" I have a bridge to sell you.

I would love nothing more than to see these guys served hard with a class action suit just for the satisfaction or making them eat their own lunch.

TL : DR Selling this broken app is fraud, it should be pulled from the store and refunds handed out en masse. It is now too late for a fix to even be forgivable, customers who paid should be refunded whether or not the app is fixed at some indeterminate date.

Last edited:
Are y f**king serious? If a company releases a bad patch, fine it happens, but standard practice is to have that fixed or rolled back WITHIN DAYS AT MOST. It is now about to pass the 6 months mark of this particular app being UNABLE TO RUN, PERIOD, on an entire platform, yet (and this is the kicker) is STILL BEING SOLD TO PEOPLE.

Don't even begin to talk about "zero technical knowledge" either, as I can tell you right now I am not lacking in THAT department, and from a actual professional standpoint this particular situation is both DISGUSTING and HILARIOUS at the same time. And if this was my company these incompetent staff responsible would have been CANNED long ago. Also I wouldn't be in business anymore if I showed such hubris and disrespect towards PAYING CUSTOMERS.

This is straight up neglect and/or incompetence on behalf of the developers and this app should have been PULLED from the app store MONTHS AGO. I realize you are about 12-14 just based on your avatar so I forgive your limited world view but this is business and real life my friend, and if you advertise and charge for a product, even one that is 5$, THAT DOES NOT WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE it isn't a case of "oh it's a small developer team, just give them more time to make a product that works but give them more $$ so they can do that OK", no, in the real world that is called FRAUD, and if this was a different situation, for example business software, you can damn well bet this company would be up to it's a** in legal action from P*SSED OFF CLIENTS.

AS it stands right now nothing short of a refund for each and every person who purchased this app is acceptable but we all know that will never happen, and the devs should come clean with what we all know is the truth - they are inept, or they simply have not been bothered to put in the effort required and on top of that are totally OK with knowingly f**king people out of money by selling a non-functional app in the mean time - but we also know THAT will never happen either.

I realize you are a fan but have some self respect - you are defending what amounts to fraudulent actions by a 3rd rate "developer" (see: ports other people's games to mobile, so hardly even a developer by standard definition). If you truly believe that leaving a game in a fully broken state for over 6 months while still charging people money for it, and no clear intention of ever fixing the issue, is in any way defensible, then you are the reason that this kind of sh*t is allowed to happen in the first place, and for lack of a better term, a huge sucker. And if you truly believe someone over there is "working real hard to fix this issue" I have a bridge to sell you.

I would love nothing more than to see these guys served hard with a class action suit just for the satisfaction or making them eat their own lunch.

TL : DR Selling this broken app is fraud, it should be pulled from the store and refunds handed out en masse. It is now too late for a fix to even be forgivable, customers who paid should be refunded whether or not the app is fixed at some indeterminate date.

I wasn't aware 505/Codeglue were still selling it in its broken state. It would be diligent to remove it from the store, but it was stated that the problem could not be reproduced in-house. That alone is an indicator that it may have been an isolated issue that may not have affected all users and it certainly may not have affected any potential new buyers. Like my previous post said - mobile developers or publishers would be the better term to use - have to contend with a practically endless mixture of mobile device makes, models and software iterations. They may not get it right everytime, and the problem may not always be immediately apparent, but they had stated they are working on it. They have never given reason for us to believe otherwise.

Re-Logic aren't at fault here. They've made a game that provides hours of entertainment for a fanbase of millions, with free content updates as they are developed, rather than jumping on the DLC or microtransaction band-wagon. They've brought charm and fun back to a medium of entertainment that too often feels like it's lost it. It's hard to believe someone who isn't also a fan would get so incensed about the game not working, but I get it, it's the principle of a company selling software that may not work when it's installed.

Say your piece, express your distaste at the situation, but signing up to a community forum and passively insulting it's members isn't the best way to garner a positive reaction. :dryadsad:

I'm not 12, you're wrong by about half and sue me for supporting a group of developers & publishers who, technical glitches aside, are actually doing something right. :dryadtongue:

Ok. Anyone here heard anything from Microsoft regarding the broken app being sold? I think its really their responsibiliy to remove it or at least rollback to a working version. Its their store after all.

Ok. Anyone here heard anything from Microsoft regarding the broken app being sold? I think its really their responsibiliy to remove it or at least rollback to a working version. Its their store after all.
4 days ago im reported to microsoft...the app is available.
Guys, how we can to do the class action ?

It's been said many times they're working on it, if people actually came on here and paid attention and did some reading instead of belly-aching they'd realise they haven't been forgotten or disregarded.

Windows Phone users: We have identified the reason for the crashes - or at least the general area. The game is being flagged with STATUS_HEAP_CORRUPTION because the RtlFreeHeap function has detected a problem. The bad news is that - in general - heap corruptions are not easy to debug because the actual cause of the corruption may be long gone by the time that the corruption is detected. We have been and are working directly with engineers at Microsoft to debug the heap corruption - but it is a difficult process.

This is compounded by some of the changes that take place between the version that goes into certification and the final Retail Release - which is likely why this occurs to you guys and not for anyone in QA or Certification.
All that said, the good news is that we have our latest attempt to sort these issues ready for Microsoft to check over again. No promises it will work, of course - this has been a really tricky one to solve - but here's hoping this one works!

This is straight up neglect and/or incompetence on behalf of the developers and this app should have been PULLED from the app store MONTHS AGO

-by selling a non-functional app in the mean time - but we also know THAT will never happen either.

If you truly believe that leaving a game in a fully broken state for over 6 months while still charging people money for it-

TL : DR Selling this broken app is fraud, it should be pulled from the store and refunds handed out en masse.

4 days ago im reported to microsoft...the app is available.
Guys, how we can to do the class action ?

To both @nibblet, @Moldo-Wan Kenobi or any other Windows Phone users, this is very important.

Can you confirm, with specs on the device you are using (this is key), that this app is still available for purchase with Windows Phone?

I had been led to believe that the app was taken down, and in fact, have even found reference to it made by customers who said it was no longer available for purchase. If it is, indeed, up for purchase again, this I would be extremely appreciative of confirmation along with device specs; a screenshot would be even better.

Its possible that some Windows Phone devices are still selling it, and perhaps others are not. Identifying the difference here could be very helpful, and I'd very much encourage anyone with information and details on the matter to post here, or PM me. :)

To both @nibblet, @Moldo-Wan Kenobi or any other Windows Phone users, this is very important.

Can you confirm, with specs on the device you are using (this is key), that this app is still available for purchase with Windows Phone?

I had been led to believe that the app was taken down, and in fact, have even found reference to it made by customers who said it was no longer available for purchase. If it is, indeed, up for purchase again, this I would be extremely appreciative of confirmation along with device specs; a screenshot would be even better.

Its possible that some Windows Phone devices are still selling it, and perhaps others are not. Identifying the difference here could be very helpful, and I'd very much encourage anyone with information and details on the matter to post here, or PM me. :)
It's not available on Windows 10 Mobile, using a Lumia 1520. (Snapdragon 800, 2GB RAM)

It's not available on Windows 10 Mobile, using a Lumia 1520. (Snapdragon 800, 2GB RAM)

Thank you @dennisvdg!

Would definitely want to keep waiting for more people to check, especially those who stated that it is still up. If we can isolate the discrepancy, possibly if its up on some devices but not all, then we can definitely find out where the miscommunication happened. :)

six months...

I agree, its pretty rough. Unfortunately, I was only recently brought on the team for issues like this and it just now came to my attention; the mobile section of this forum is very difficult to follow sometimes!

Definitely something that concerns me. :(

I can't do anything about the duration of the issue; the fix will take as long as its going to take to fix it. But I don't think the game should be purchasable in that state, and as mentioned, I was of the impression it was not. The question of rollbacks or escalating the development speed are entirely out of my control and decision making, but I'm absolutely interested in communicating major issues like this( being available for purchase, that is to say).

Lumia 640xl running windows 8.1
Terraria still shows when I do a search in the store. I'm willing to wait another six months but some new news or at least the assurance that its being worked on would be great.

No point in waiting and checking the forum if there is a chance I'll never be able to play the game because of my 640.

No disrespect to the community.

Lumia 640xl running windows 8.1
Terraria still shows when I do a search in the store. I'm willing to wait another six months but some new news or at least the assurance that its being worked on would be great.

No point in waiting and checking the forum if there is a chance I'll never be able to play the game because of my 640.

No disrespect to the community.

The most recent news update I'm aware of was a news post in March indicating that they attempting to push a Windows Phone update through certification; however, Lumia 640 was still broken, and they were investigating why.

I'll see if I can find more information on what has happened since.

04.05.2016 - terraria is available in the marketplace
last fedback:by jeffrey 5/2/2016
I paid for a game That won't even let me log in and I paid for it so I hope it gets fixed
by Miguel5/1/2016
I can't play the game because the screen keeps turning blue and it gets me out of the app please may you fix this problem.
by jake5/1/2016
****** off still. 3 months and still no refunds or update to fix

there is no excuse for it. People, go to initiate an class action.

Back
Top Bottom