Mobile [Windows Phone] Terraria crashes while launching after new update - 1.2.2.1

The most recent news update I'm aware of was a news post in March indicating that they attempting to push a Windows Phone update through certification; however, Lumia 640 was still broken, and they were investigating why.

I'll see if I can find more information on what has happened since.

My understanding is that the crash bugfix (for all but Lumia 640) has been submitted a few times into certification, but has yet to pass said certification. From what I hear, that isn't necessarily related to the fix itself, rather just how everything fits together (Hardware and Software). They are hard at work with clearing those obstacles on both sides of the issue. Noone expected nor desired for it to take as long as it has. If it had been simple and fast and easy, then I would have to suspect that - between Microsoft and 505/CG - they would have found it.

Regarding refunds: On any platform, those are all required to be conducted via the platform on which the game was purchased (i.e. Steam, Microsoft, Sony, etc). That is a matter of policy with those companies.

I totally get why people are rightfully upset - its been broken for quite a while - but that doesn't mean that fixing it hasn't been a priority behind the scenes. I can 100% guarantee you that is has been - its one I personally push on multiple times a week.

So, hang in there a bit longer if you can....

Cheers

Right when the game broke while i was on windows 8.1 or windows 10 i can't remember, probably windows 8.1, i had somewhere around 500platinum coins, all chlorophyte armor and weapons, etc. Huge stash of resources, arenas, my sky home was pretty awesome. I loved my world that took awhile of personal time to get developed, and i took a whole new world, and made the entire surface flat (took awhile) and anyways, spent a lot of time and effort killing some bosses with my possessed hatchet working for the vamp knives. Now that i'm moving to an iPhone soon because i don't wanna deal with the development of windows phone anymore, i'm still eagerly watching and waiting for the fix for Terraria WP :). Still playing it on my PC but it doesn't appeal in the way of me playing it on my phone does if that makes any sense.. So when the mobile version is released again, i'm really hoping my windows 10 tablet, in tablet mode, can also pick up the terraria mobile game is it does any other game my "mobile" phone gets. Anyways not really sure what was it i was getting at.. Pretty sure my ADHD kicked in saw an ad on my other monitor while reading the news and well... I digress. I'm looking forward to the fix!! I'm not looking forward however to grinding all that chlorophyte again. Seriously. That took freaking forever.... Although when playing against my GF it sure was worth the green crystal thingy ontop that helped. Ah... the memories.

My understanding is that the crash bugfix (for all but Lumia 640) has been submitted a few times into certification, but has yet to pass said certification. From what I hear, that isn't necessarily related to the fix itself, rather just how everything fits together (Hardware and Software). They are hard at work with clearing those obstacles on both sides of the issue. Noone expected nor desired for it to take as long as it has. If it had been simple and fast and easy, then I would have to suspect that - between Microsoft and 505/CG - they would have found it.

Regarding refunds: On any platform, those are all required to be conducted via the platform on which the game was purchased (i.e. Steam, Microsoft, Sony, etc). That is a matter of policy with those companies.

I totally get why people are rightfully upset - its been broken for quite a while - but that doesn't mean that fixing it hasn't been a priority behind the scenes. I can 100% guarantee you that is has been - its one I personally push on multiple times a week.

So, hang in there a bit longer if you can....

Cheers
WHERE IS TERRARIA FOR WINDOWS PHONE ?
WHY THE APP IS AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE IF IT NOT WORK ?

WHERE IS TERRARIA FOR WINDOWS PHONE ?
WHY THE APP IS AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE IF IT NOT WORK ?

As has been stated, that's an oversight that is being looked into. Its specifically been noted by some users in this thread that its NOT available for purchase on some Windows Phone devices; it looks like disabling the purchase was incomplete across all devices. :) Definitely being looked into, and I'm making sure to keep attention on the issue so it isn't forgotten about.

As has been stated, that's an oversight that is being looked into. Its specifically been noted by some users in this thread that its NOT available for purchase on some Windows Phone devices; it looks like disabling the purchase was incomplete across all devices. :) Definitely being looked into, and I'm making sure to keep attention on the issue so it isn't forgotten about.

In the meantime let the :red:ers get paid for not working product

Or they could read the reviews stating that the game is unplayable at its current state. Of which i hope when it is fixed, they remove those reviews cause it's tanking the game by 2 stars., which we don't want.

I dont get how ONE update can screw up a game like this?!?!? 6 months and still no fix?!?! I'm so frustrated but mostly at windows phone because the phones themselves suck because of the lack of popular apps (besides Terraria , Minecraft and Candy Crush) and the glitches happening almost every second!

I'd agree, i'm not longer wanting to be apart of the development of windows 10 mobile, but i'm still 100% desktop! Although i was informed that update that broke the game, wasn't the only thing that broke the game, that didn't exactly make sense to me since that was the only var that changed, however i'm not aware of everything that happened i guess. But either way, i'm switching to an iPhone since it -just works-. :)

I dont get how ONE update can screw up a game like this?!?!? 6 months and still no fix?!?! I'm so frustrated but mostly at windows phone because the phones themselves suck because of the lack of popular apps (besides Terraria , Minecraft and Candy Crush) and the glitches happening almost every second!
Watch they are going to say a week and two months later ohh...we are sorry its still broken

Watch they are going to say a week and two months later ohh...we are sorry its still broken

They cannot control if it makes it past certification or not. Everyone wants more communication, so the downside of that is that all they can tell you with certainty is "we have submitted it". Having watched the journey behind the scenes on this, it is not for a lack of effort - that much is certain.

That's reassuring.

Btw...Microsoft was quick to pay back my money when my son accidentally bought 10k gold through angry birds epic. Has anyone even tried getting back their money yet?

Me? I like terraria too much to complain any further. Like I've said...I'll wait another six months if we're kept in the loop.

I've patience & then some, but this has been beyond the pale. Truly.

640 & the app is still available for sale in store... the number of negative reviews there now is staggering. way to go team...

They cannot control if it makes it past certification or not. Everyone wants more communication, so the downside of that is that all they can tell you with certainty is "we have submitted it". Having watched the journey behind the scenes on this, it is not for a lack of effort - that much is certain.
They said it would take two weeks a month and a half ago

They said it would take two weeks a month and a half ago

They said they had submitted it. Unfortunately, noone has control over what does or does not clear Microsoft cert other than Microsoft. Once you sub, it is out of your hands until it is either approved or comes back....and the cycle repeats. Seems the latter has occurred here.

they said that they will fix this from 2015 now its 2016 ..... this bug is for AGES and they don't want to fix it..

As has been stated repeatedly, significant efforts have been made towards fixing this bug. Its been rejected during certification by Microsoft each time; that is entirely outside of the control of 505. Until MS is satisfied by the submission candidates, it can't come out.

I have a feeling that unless the game works on all models and on 8.1 and 10 Microsoft wont be satisfied.

They said they had submitted it. Unfortunately, noone has control over what does or does not clear Microsoft cert other than Microsoft. Once you sub, it is out of your hands until it is either approved or comes back....and the cycle repeats. Seems the latter has occurred here.
As has been stated repeatedly, significant efforts have been made towards fixing this bug. Its been rejected during certification by Microsoft each time; that is entirely outside of the control of 505. Until MS is satisfied by the submission candidates, it can't come out.
hello frauders, news about terraria from windows phone ?
why the app is available in market place ?

Hi there !
Lumia 1320 running Windows Phone 8.1 Denim, 1 Go RAM.
Game still sold on the store (France, EU)

Thank you for the info TheShining. :) I wish I had more info to share, or had more weight to throw around in getting this resolved, but I've informed everyone I could. Knowing that things have to go through multiple levels of other companies will slow down a resolution, and I hope one can be come to quickly!

Back
Top Bottom