Game Mechanics Worlds connected to each other - travel from the edge of the world to the edge of another world

How do you feel about this change

• Great for vanilla terraria

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Great, but only for modding

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A bad idea

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Good idea, but I would like to expand it (write a comment about expancion idea)

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
I agree, it is quite hard to make this feature balanced and immersive. However, how would it make finding loot and tunneling harder

Because your first world may end up with none of something, and new players who don't know what this would do wouldn't know what to do.

Because your first world may end up with none of something, and new players who don't know what this would do wouldn't know what to do.
World generation won't be changed. If you want, you can still use 1 world. In current terraria you can create multiply worlds but not requred to do that

World generation won't be changed.
I know, but very rarely, especially in smaller world's, a world may end up with absolutely none of a rare item. If that item is required or highly recommended for progressing, the player is screwed.
In current Terraria you can create multiple worlds but not required to do that
Says someone who doesn't give a crap about achievements. You get Xbox achievements for half Hallowing and/or half corrupting your world, obtaining all pets (see my a world may generate none of a rare object quote. Also, a new player is more likely to learn about the Bone Key post-Skeletron.), removing thousands of blocks (someone might need a digging world if they don't have good pick.). as well, EOW and BOC have separate in game achievements, meaning to get all achievements you have to make multiple world's.

I know, but very rarely, especially in smaller world's, a world may end up with absolutely none of a rare item. If that item is required or highly recommended for progressing, the player is screwed.

Says someone who doesn't give a crap about achievements. You get Xbox achievements for half Hallowing and/or half corrupting your world, obtaining all pets (see my a world may generate none of a rare object quote. Also, a new player is more likely to learn about the Bone Key post-Skeletron.), removing thousands of blocks (someone might need a digging world if they don't have good pick.). as well, EOW and BOC have separate in game achievements, meaning to get all achievements you have to make multiple world's.
I don't get the point. Yes smaller worlds can be lacking - dont use them then. My suggestion does not force you to use small worlds and not anyhow related to it.

Same for achievements. Your pets have same chance of not generating in normal worlds and in suggested multi-worlds main world, how is that a problem? The only difference is that in normal terraria you would have to generate a new world and try to find new loot there, but I suggest an more immersive way to travel to another world.
Nothing will prevent you from half-corrupting your world. You can do that on child world or you can generate new small world for that

Also, a new player is more likely to learn about the Bone Key post-Skeletron.), removing thousands of blocks (someone might need a digging world if they don't have good pick.). as well, EOW and BOC have separate in game achievements, meaning to get all achievements you have to make multiple world's.
you can create as many multy-worlds as you want. I suggest a more immersive way but it you can still just generate different worlds for different purposes in world selection menu. Even with 1 multy-world only, I don't see why can't you travel to child world and spread 50% corruption or do a lot of digging or find some more loot

I think that there could be another island, but smaller, which has a city of friendly Lizhards, Truffles, friendly skeletons or Vikings, but small, only like five NPCs and you shouldn't be able to travel until post Duke Fishron and not be able to travel while a boss is alive, and there's four islands, with each race on one of them.

Back
Top Bottom