Resolved [Xbox 360] Very urgent console bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I think i did that right)

Anyway this is NOT about me. My friends wanted me to post this, in no way do i own a Xbox.
(oh well onto the bug report i guess)

Anyway my friends were playing terraria. After leaving their world to go and get lunch or something, they came back joined logged in and well

HALF of their whole world was just a flat dirt block (Yes its fully dirt)
They can't open chests either.
(note that this is what they have told me)
So i was wondering what we could do to solve this?

Note: I'm not a developer by any means.

But it sounds like your world save somehow got corrupted. My first guess would be that they turned the game off while it was saving somehow, or it crashed. Such things happen.

That said, without a backup of the save . . . I don't know that there is much that can be done at all. Console games don't normally have save file backups, and unless you made them manually, there wouldn't be one.

I'd suppose there is nothing that can be done, unfortunately.

They must have turned off the game mid save, corrupting the save file on the world. Most cases of that are directly due to the person turning it off. Crashing can sometimes caused this as well (although it's difficult to crash the game really.)

There is no way to recover from this, unfortunately, unless like Leinfors has stated, you or your friend manually created a backup.

This is what happens when you turn off your console while your game is saving. This has happened to me to. DON'T DO IT AGAIN!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom