**REPORTED** [Xbox One] 1.4 Syncing Files Bug Thread (all new threads will be combined into here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xbox Series S - Using my main account, I could not play terraria. I would be stuck on syncing files for eternity. Work arounds I tried which resulted in failure are:

- Quitting the game from both menu and dashboard.
- Turning the Xbox off and on and retrying the previous method above.
- Power Cycling my Xbox and retrying method A.
- Unplugging from the mains and retrying method A.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
- Creating a new account, logging into terraria with the fresh account, and switching back to my main account in the menu. (Takes you back to syncing files)

All these solutions narrowed down the problem to the files themselves, which well should be obvious but better to be safe than sorry.

Here are “work arounds” that work for me:

- Deleting Terraria Save Data. (Last resort)
- Playing on a different Xbox account until a patch is released.
- Risky, but you can do the following, delete terraria's save data from the console (not everywhere), launch terraria and when it says syncing files, hit cancel, all your save data will still be in the cloud, but not on the console, therefore allowing you to play terraria on your main account, when a patch is released to fix this issue, launch terraria and allow it to sync files, all your old data will be back.

I myself didn’t have many files on the Xbox version of terraria since I play PC, so I wiped my data, I came on Xbox to play with a group of friends who are Xbox only, they are going to be way more reluctant to delete their save data aren’t they.

Hopefully you guys can fix this soon.

Last edited:
o-o my moms xbox worked but not mine yes hers is older
Xbox or Xbox Account? As far as I can tell this is a hardware agnostic bug. I personally have a 1S, but others on this thread have Series X & S. Idk if anyone still has "The DVR" aka the original XB1 or if they have issues. If the same account works/doesn't work on different hardware though, that's good info to have.

This deleting all saved data. It will be starting the game over like new. You choice if you want to play.
I have just been playing on a new account but when I am able to get into terraria on my main I'll probably delete most of my old worlds and characters anyway

Hi all, the Dev team is working on it.

A workaround until a patch: Return to Dashboard, close application & relaunch. Title will now launch successfully, and the issue shouldn’t recur. If it still happens, try rebooting. If it still happens, report back here.
Still happens

if i have to wait another 3 years ima be mad
It's weird that I can go on my alternative account and it works just fine so I guess I have to start all over until they fix this dumb bug I'm not deleting hundreds of hours worth of my time from my old account so I can play this new update it's ridiculous.

A workaround until a patch: Return to Dashboard, close application & relaunch. Title will now launch successfully, and the issue shouldn’t recur. If it still happens, try rebooting. If it still happens, report back here.

WORKAROUND FOR NOW:

Hey all. I have found a workaround for this issue as of right now, however, you won’t have any data for the time being and cannot perform it without deleting it all if it isn’t backed up.

Step One: Go to dashboard, click the 3 lines while hovering over Terraria, and select manage game and add-ons.

Step Two: Go to saved data, and then click your username. Click delete data from this console.

Step three: Launch terraria, then when it says syncing data, click cancel. You should then be able to play.

This will not remove your data unless it is not backed up to the cloud. When the developers fix the issue, you will be able to sync your data and get everything back.

Hope this works :)

Xbox or Xbox Account? As far as I can tell this is a hardware agnostic bug. I personally have a 1S, but others on this thread have Series X & S. Idk if anyone still has "The DVR" aka the original XB1 or if they have issues. If the same account works/doesn't work on different hardware though, that's good info to have.
I think its account, tried on mine on different Xbox, but same account and it didn't work, but worked for a different account.

Hi @TonyPuffs the synching issue is being worked on. I'm hearing from other players that if you start a new player on a new world you'll be able to play, So until a patch comes out you can play with a new character.
I fixed it kinda, if you go on nto manage game, erase all save files on console and cloud... Not much of a fix, but I got my game to run. Apparently erasing all your saves will get the game to run.

If you go to manage game and erase all your save data on console and cloud the game will make it past the synching file screen.... Not much of a fix, but I got it to run.

I fixed it kinda, if you go on nto manage game, erase all save files on console and cloud... Not much of a fix, but I got my game to run. Apparently erasing all your saves will get the game to run.
I'm glad you found a workaround that worked for you @Muaddib930 - although deleting saves isn't an ideal solution, so the dev team is working on a fix so that people won't need to delete.

Listen everyone just please be patient and play something else until this is fixed, don't be rash and delete everything because you never know if you can 100% get it back so just wait for God's sake and play it later tonight. The team is working on in it and they should have it fixed very soon, it is clearly a problem that makes all console players unable to play so this is most likely their top priority at the moment. Seriously give it a few hours. You don't have to play Terraria right now.

No luck here, even had my game crash a few times and had to reboot my xbox. I’m on Xbox One S, my friend on Xbox One X got in immediately. Maybe console related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom