PC Yo, new start pls

Waru

Terrarian
Hey, what's up. I'm 19, got some time, and want to have a new start and continue until whenever it falls apart. Looking for people that could possibly play every day anywhere from 0900 to 2200 (-0800/PST) on weekdays and whenever weekends. Some days I might not get on, but if it's really an important reason I'd tell you beforehand. If I'm AFK or something during the time indicated then just message me and I'll start playing. I live on the west coast (US) and anywhere near there is good for ping reasons. I have just about 650 hrs on record, have gotten to Moon Lord but I don't think I ever really put the time in to that particular boss to finish it. I normally play Mage or Range but nothing's concrete. Also, I use TS so if you got a mic that'd probably be easier to coordinate objectives and whatnot. I normally play Softcore/Normal but I don't mind playing Expert and/or Mediumcore. I'm also really bad at building so if you expect me to create a base then expect it to be simple and made of most available resources.
I play female (tho I am a guy, just to state this) and edited social/dyes, so if you're not into edited social :red: then just tell me and we can probably work something out. Also ages should probably be mid teens+. I know a lot of younger (younger than I) people play and would be interested but there are a few reasons I'd be against playing with younger peoples. So if you're around 15+ then it'd be good, also I don't really care about experience but if you have none/some rather than a lot then let me know because I'd have to teach and play team leader/handler or something along with coming up with routes appropriate for you so I'd like to know beforehand. Also if there are multiple people then a general play time should be created so we don't have one person joining once a week and slowing the rest down or stagnating/wasting resources. Anyways, yea, hmu on steam and we'll talk it out. Probably won't start immediately so if someone else wants in they can start at the beginning instead of catching up. Sorry for the essay, steam info below.

Steam Name: Rie Kugimiya
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:30977507
Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022220742

Last edited:
I think I'd be down for this. I'll leave this here so I can access your steam later. I'll contact you soon~

I'm always down for Terraria. I'll probably be playing a mix of Summoner and Ranged (depends on the day/whichever needs me the most). I'll probably be editing my own vanity stuff as well later on. I do live on the east coast, but I have pretty good internet, so it shouldn't be an issue for me. I do prefer Softcore characters and Expert worlds (just because Expert does make things easier in the long run since everybody gets individual boss loot and such). I'll add you on Steam shortly!

Hey, you sound pretty chill man, I'd like to play with you. I'm 26 and have prolly almost 1k hours in on multiple platforms, but in all fairness a good chunk of that would be AFK farms. It's very difficult for me to not play expert mode at this point so that's what I'd prefer. I don't know everything but you won't have to hold my hand.

As far as how often I can play, once or twice a week is about what I feel safe committing to at this time.

Also, I'm not huge into building, so I tend to make buildings and whatnot practical rather than aesthetic masterpieces, so at least we'd mesh well there.

Also, I'm on the East coast, so our time zones are not that different.

Let me know if you wanna team up some time and I'll add you on Steam.

Hey, you sound pretty chill man, I'd like to play with you.
Well the once/twice a week thing is a little slower than what I was looking for but that doesn't mean we can't play. It just means two sessions on my part so nothing really that crazy. So, I'll host two sessions, one will be more fast paced maybe once day or every other day and once or twice a week.

I'm somewhat of a control freak so I'd like to work out exactly when the sessions can take place but if there's only 2 or so people interested then it can be more flexible.

Basically everyone who has the time to play once a day or every other day or whatever we decide can also play the once/twice a week session. And for those that don't have all that much time (maybe only weekends or something) then they can play the longer session without having to worry about the people who want to play more often. So, if you're up for it Fonze then add me and we can talk more details. After that I'll only want to wait another day or so to see if anyone else is interested.

One more thing, I'm not too sure about actually hosting, my computer isn't that great, plus if there are more people on the east coast it'd make more sense for it to be hosted closer to the majority. So if someone else wants to host they're welcome to, otherwise I will.

EDIT:
I'll be talking to the people interested tomorrow about setting it up and all the details. If you still want to join, that's fine. A small head start can be made up easily especially if we help each other so long as it doesn't burden the whole session all that much.

Those that only have time to play once or twice a week can join whenever after we start considering the head start won't be nearly as bad as the shorter session (see above about my duel-session idea) so don't worry about showing up late.

If you're a new player you're welcome to join and see how some people with experience start and play throughout. If you have experience then it's even better. Just contact me on Steam, on the forums or post in this very thread and I'll get back to you and let you know what's going on.

EDIT2: Moved around some things, looks more like an essay than a block of text.

Last edited:
Cool man; and I don't mind the control freak mentality when it comes to times we'll play. Truth be told I hate getting ready to play, then waiting 30 minutes for people to get their :red: together (that made me quit WoW, lol). First time is certainly understandable but after the fifth time I start getting ticked off. So yeah, adhering to a (even somewhat loose) schedule is totally fine with me and works with my other commitments.

As for hosting, I'm not too sure if Terraria requires a port to be set for real online multiplayer. I used to do LAN couple years ago, but since they integrated it with Steam all that works for me is making what I assume to be a full online-game. If that's the case then it doesn't require port forwarding and that'd mean that I could host (my laptop/desktop should do fine for that).

About when we'd start, I just had some problems with my laptop and I'm waiting for a part to come in the mail to fix it, but I'm working on getting my desktop up and running again, so if you wanted to start within the next couple days I should still be able to accommodate that.

I'll add you on Steam, should be tonight/tomorrow. My Steam name is either appolyous or Fonze, I forget which one will show up. It'll be fun to play with another experienced player to take advantage of some of the cool team-oriented items/set-ups and whatnot in the game :)

Until then either this thread or PM will work for me for the details.

Alright, that's great. So far we have Kalifox and Fonze for the semi/weekly session and malignantMystic for the bi/daily session. That means the longer sessions will have 4 people, while the shorter one will just be me and malignantMystic. Tomorrow we'll talk about specifics. I would like to wait until the longer session starts until I start the shorter one in case anyone else shows up (that would be good, 2 is better than 1 but 4 players is probably near the best amount to have), so if you're reading this and you're interested in the daily/bidaily session just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom