tModLoader Night and Crimson (Terra Stuff, basically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this is your first mod, i highly recommend having a team instead of just yourself. having a team means you can have more productivity. take me, zoroarkcity, quickseed40, and armyfrog's T.G.E.M. as an example, we have a small team and i can imagine it would be harder on zoroarkcity if me, quickseed40, and armyfrog hadn't showed up to sprite. and, if you want, i can be a part of that team. i'll even make some changes to the coded blade and dead edge right now to make them better than what either you or zoroarkcity did. (he's the coder and a novice spriter. (no offense))
old:
CodedCutlass.png
DeadEdge.png
new:
Coded Blade.png
Dead Edge.png

this is how i did it: i made the border color a desaturated version of the color it's next to. btw, never use jet black. ever.

if this is your first mod, i highly recommend having a team instead of just yourself. having a team means you can have more productivity. take me, zoroarkcity, quickseed40, and armyfrog's T.G.E.M. as an example, we have a small team and i can imagine it would be harder on zoroarkcity if me, quickseed40, and armyfrog hadn't showed up to sprite. and, if you want, i can be a part of that team. i'll even make some changes to the coded blade and dead edge right now to make them better than what either you or zoroarkcity did. (he's the coder and a novice spriter. (no offense))
old:
index.php
index.php
new:
index.php
index.php

this is how i did it: i made the border color a desaturated version of the color it's next to. btw, never use jet black. ever.
Yes, I understand having a team is recommended, over having it a solo project, whether it is your first mod or your tenth mod. I will, however, sprite all the things myself still. You may be able to have more productivity with a team, but I don't care if this takes awhile to be made. I enjoy spriting, and I want the sprites to match my style, all of them. I know not to use jet black, it's just I made those color choices when I hadn't been spriting for probably a year+, and I'd like to keep them how they are. At some point I'll probably try and get a coder, but that'll be when I have more items sprited, more ideas formed of what they'll do. This is gonna stay a solo project, for now. Thanks for offering to join, but no. I'm sticking solo, for now.

Yes, I understand having a team is recommended, over having it a solo project, whether it is your first mod or your tenth mod. I will, however, sprite all the things myself still. You may be able to have more productivity with a team, but I don't care if this takes awhile to be made. I enjoy spriting, and I want the sprites to match my style, all of them. I know not to use jet black, it's just I made those color choices when I hadn't been spriting for probably a year+, and I'd like to keep them how they are. At some point I'll probably try and get a coder, but that'll be when I have more items sprited, more ideas formed of what they'll do. This is gonna stay a solo project, for now. Thanks for offering to join, but no. I'm sticking solo, for now.
okay, but when you need more people on your team, i can help a lot.

So, since I completed the Terra Yoyo, which I still have no actual name for, I've been working on a couple of sprites.
NightToss.png
NightToss - Copy.png

DeadWay2.png
DeadWay2 - Copy.png
DeadWay.png

TerraBoomerang.png
TerraBoomerang - Copy.png

TerraBow.png

I re-sprited the Dead Way, which would be the first two Dead item sprites, in a way I think looks far superior to the old. I also made a Night Boomerang, which also looks real nice. Terra Boomerang and Terra Bow as well, which made me realize - The colors I'm choosing for the Terra stuff is really bright, and doesn't quite fit the style of the Terra Blade. That's fine though, I think the choices I've made look good. Bow could use some work, and I'll definitely work better one that.

Quick news update to say - I'm re-spriting a couple of things. Namely, and hardest for me to do, is the Terra Spear. I'm also probably gonna re-work my pickaxes, my Night Gun, perhaps make the Decayed Gears more like a shotgun then a musket, and my jungle bow. So far, however, I have re-sprited one item and made a new other one, the new one being a boomerang.
CobaltBow.png
GoldenBlue.png

Aquarang.png

So, I re-sprited the dungeon bow I made previously, because previously it was super plain. I also made the dungeon boomerang, however most importantly between these two, I've used a different gold look, with colors from the Gold Broadsword, and it does look much more gold-like. Oh, I forgot I also tried this on a couple other things.
DungeonSpear.png
DungeonSpear - Copy.png
DungeonMiner.png
DungeonMiner - Copy.png

I would have changed the border around the gold bits, but I didn't think it looked good. I also made this a decent bit ago, but I never got around to showing it.
TrueTwilightMemory.png
TwilightMemory - Copy.png

I felt like there was an over-abundance of green on the old, so I re-did it.

Quick news update to say - I'm re-spriting a couple of things. Namely, and hardest for me to do, is the Terra Spear. I'm also probably gonna re-work my pickaxes, my Night Gun, perhaps make the Decayed Gears more like a shotgun then a musket, and my jungle bow. So far, however, I have re-sprited one item and made a new other one, the new one being a boomerang.
View attachment 134087 View attachment 134088
View attachment 134086
So, I re-sprited the dungeon bow I made previously, because previously it was super plain. I also made the dungeon boomerang, however most importantly between these two, I've used a different gold look, with colors from the Gold Broadsword, and it does look much more gold-like. Oh, I forgot I also tried this on a couple other things.
View attachment 134091 View attachment 134090 View attachment 134089 View attachment 134092
I would have changed the border around the gold bits, but I didn't think it looked good. I also made this a decent bit ago, but I never got around to showing it.
View attachment 134093 View attachment 134094
I felt like there was an over-abundance of green on the old, so I re-did it.
i thought of a name for the terra yoyo, the terra throw.

Anywho, slight news update - I haven't been spriting much past couple days, and while it started before I started playing a bunch of Bloons Tower Defense 5, I'm just gonna blame Bloons Tower Defense 5. However, yesterday I started work on this.
TrueHallowedArmor.png
In-Game.png

First is in inventory, second is how it "should" look in-game. I haven't animated, mainly because I haven't animated anything, or whatever, but that should be how you expect that to look.

Is there a yoyo that splits into more segments the longer it's out? (perhaps one that can be held midair forever which costs 10 mana to summon one each, and you can only summon four) Or a yoyo that has an incredimazing range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom