tModLoader Night and Crimson (Terra Stuff, basically)

Status
Not open for further replies.

four plus four

The Destroyer
Oh, why hello there! You've just stumbled into, yeah no. That sounds more like the beginning to a movie. Hello, my name is SkullRay, and this is one of the greatest mods you shall ever see! Well, probably not. It's closer to... One of the best 6 mods you've seen. Still pretty amazing nonetheless! This, amazing great mods only aim is to add new Terra items - That's it. No fancy this or that, just Terra items and what is required to make it. You see, I always liked Night's Edge equivalents, as well as an alternative for the Crimson. So I decided to make a full mod dedicated to just that! Night items, equivalent Dead items, Hallowed items, you name it! As long as it's how the original, the Terra Blade, is made, except with all/most weapon types, then it shall exist! Even armors and accessories!

Anyways, enough rambling on, you probably want to learn more, correct? Well, it's pretty much exactly as I've said - New Dungeon, Jungle, Underworld, Corruption, and Crimson items to be able to make new Night items, with an alternative to the Crimson, Dead. This means that, except for probably the sword, no Night items are gonna be made in the Crimson, but are rather replaced by Dead items! This makes far more sense then having Night items able to be made in the Crimson, does it not? It shall also bring more life into the mod, by having this alternative. Wait, I need to continue talking about more of the new stuffs tiers, or whatever, don't I? Any who, this mod also adds new Hallowed(Bar?), Broken Hero, and True items, to be able to make new Terra items! As well as the Terra equivalent, Code. If there's an equivalent to Night items for the Crimson, why should there not be a likewise equivalent for Terra items? And that's where Code items come in!

So you want some details on what their differences are, do ya'? You probably expect Code items to just be stronger, probably slower, versions of Terra, and likewise to Dead and Night, right? Well, you'd be 49.31415 percent correct! Code items, and their weaker Dead items, are gonna be stronger, bit slower, then their Corrupt counterparts - But their just gonna be focused on single mob! Little, to no piercing at all, but stronger, to be able to take down single enemies with ease, while Terra and Night items are gonna be faster, and pierce, perfect for dealing with a horde of mobs! Or worms. You get to fight two boss worms when you play in the Corruption, after all.

Anyways, now time to get into some backstory/lore, whatever you'd like to call it. Cue the epic anime music! *Boku no Pico opening music starts playing*... Uh... Close enough.
Once, long ago, a story that is now seen as just a fairy tale, like Little Red Riding Hood, or Batman, began when two heroes, whose names have been forgotten, and just replaced with what they called their ultimate weapons, had began their quest to gather the 7 Dragon Balls... Wait, wrong story? Oh, right, gather the gear of all the lands, gotcha. Ahem, had began their quest to gather gear from all the lands, to combine them into some of the most powerful gear, to save those same said lands... It would have been easy if they had Dragon Balls. Yes yes, I know, wrong story, I'll get back to telling the tale...

Terra had been travelling for awhile, in the desert(Because all stories are in the desert or something), and he was getting quite thirsty. Y'know, cause it was the desert, and he didn't bring enough water, or something. Um, he was nearly at his destination, some village, I guess, that was in the desert, to... It doesn't say why he went there. Why doesn't it say why he traveled the desert just to reach some village?! Uggh, whatever, let's just continue. So, I guess he reached the village? If he was that close to it, why would you need to mention him being thirsty? Ok, whatever, he reached it, and of course he walked into a pub or bar of some sort, all these desert stories do that. He then ordered some ale, I guess, and he happened to be sitting next to who would become his new best friend. Can you guess the name of him? I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with toad. Give up? His name was Code. So I guess Code said something vulgar, Terra heard it, started a fight, and when they realized they were of similar strength they became buds? Probably said a yo' mama joke that included three puns, I'd have started a fight as well. And yadi yada yada, they gathered stuff to save the land, uggh, skip to the final fight!

So, they were finally geared up, it had taken them like, a year or two, but they were finally strong enough to save the land from the biggest of threats... The Moon Lord. They challenged some evil cultist leader guy, destroyed some pillars and DIDN'T make pillar weapons, just fought with their Terra or Code items, whatever. Sounds dumb to me, how could those compare at all to pillar weapons? Well... Then the greatest fight ever happened. Terra and Code, after gathering all the gear, saving all the lands, were strong enough. They wielded their great and mighty Terra/Code weapons, their Terra/Code armor and accessories, and fought. It was an amazing battle, nearly killing both of them in the process, but they finally destroyed the Lord of the Moon. And the entire world was saved. Now skip ahead a couple hundred or thousand years, and the Moon Lord is back. No one knows if it's weaker now or stronger now then it once was, but what is known is that the world is once again in peril. Now you, the new hero, must take up their mantle. Gather up brand new made Terra/Code items, and fight the Lord of the Moon, kill it, and save the lands. Easier said then done...

Well now, after reading all that, you must want to know the items they've gathered, right? Well, from this point on, you'll need to check out what the old post had, check comments for stuff I didn't reveal, because for now, this is all I'm updating it. More later, but for now, you'll just have to imagine it, or just wait patiently. You can do that, I'm sure!
Well, now I'm updating it, so this text is somewhat useless... I'll still keep it for now.

Blade_of_Grass.png
Muramasa.png
Fiery_Greatsword.png
Light's_Bane.png
Blood_Butcherer.png
Night's_Edge.png
DeadEdge.png
Excalibur.png
Broken_Hero_Sword.png
True_Excalibur.png
True_Night's_Edge.png
TrueDeadEdge.png
Terra_Blade.png
CodedCutlass.png

Well that's a couple of swords... Ahem, these are all the swords you will need in the mod. You probably already know the vanilla ones, but do you know the modded ones? Well those modded ones your curious about are, in order of when they appear, Dead Edge, True Dead Edge, and Coded Blade! And, well, all items are gonna be in this sorta scenario. I do need to update some of those sprites, however, since Excalibur and True Excalibur was updated, and I'm in the middle of updating my True Dead Edge... But nonetheless, there they be!

Code:
[url="http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/night-and-crimson-terra-stuff-basically.43234/#post-970651"][img]http://i.imgur.com/WAjYvBG.png[/img][/url]
Night and Crimson Banner!.png

Code:
[url="http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/night-and-crimson-terra-stuff-basically.43234/#post-970651"][img]http://imgur.com/jBvmwYN[/img][/url]
N and C banner.png
Insert one of the codes into your signature to support this mod thing!
Skeletons roll where they lie...
The jungle grows restless...

Fiery creatures burn with fury...
The world slowly turns evil...
The world slowly bathes in blood...
The dark of night overwhelms...
The dead seek life...
Mechanical creatures are created...
The two greatest hero's broken item's may be of use...
Terra!
Code!

Terra, so focused on fighting the corrupt...
Code, so focused on fighting the blood...
They're weapons may be of use... To slow down the onslaught, once more...
Go, brave warrior! Gather the item's needed to fight!
Terra shall require the corrupt!
Code shall require the crimson!

Save one, hope someone else will save the other!
Hello, and welcome! Night and Crimson is a mod I thought of to add more Jungle/Dungeon/Underworld/Corrupt/Crimson items to the game.
As well as more Night/Dead/Hallowed/True/Terra/Code items. Dead/Code are new alternatives to Night/Terra items.

All Night items are made with the Corrupt/Jungle/Dungeon/Underworld items, and are improvable to become Terra!
Night tends to be great at crowd control...

All Dead items are made with the Crimson/Jungle/Dungeon/Underworld items, and are improvable to become Code!
Dead tends to be great at single target...

They're improvements reflect this! The question you must ask yourself with this mod, is do I want to have weaker, faster, crowd control weapons/piercing, in the form of Night?
Or do I want stronger, slower, boss destroyer/single mob, in the form of Dead?

How will you help stop the onslaught?

There is no code as of this moment in this mod, so it is unplayable. I do not know code, however, if you do, and want to be part of the team, then ask! I'll probably accept.

Want to see the items? Click that spoiler down there! Only sprites, no info as to what they do YET.
Blowpipes/darts are thrower, the new ones, at least!
All items that will be needed in this mod! Vanilla items are shown first, then modded.
Go by the golden rule - If it looks like a sword, it's a sword. If it looks like a gun, it's a gun.

----------------------> Vanilla <----------------------
Muramasa.png
Muramasa!
Blue_Moon.png
Blue Moon!
Valor.png
Valor!
Handgun.png
Handgun!
Water_Bolt.png
Water Bolt!
Cobalt_Shield.png
Cobalt Shield!
Necro Armor.png
Necro_armor.png
Necro Armor!
----------------------> Modded <----------------------
DungeonSpear.png
Ancient Spear!
CobaltBow.png
Cobalt Bow!
BoneDart.png
Bone Dart!
Blade_of_Grass.png
Blade of Grass!
Thorn_Chakram.png
Thorn Chakram!
Amazon.png
Amazon!
Boomstick.png
Boomstick!
Blowgun.png
Blowgun!
Poison_Dart.png
Poison Dart!
Feral_Claws.png
Feral Claws!
Fiberglass_Fishing_Pole.png
Fiberglass Fishing Pole!
Ivy_Whip.png
Ivy Whip!
Jungle Armor.png
Jungle_armor.png
Jungle Armor!
SporeRaider.png
Spore Raider!
JungleExcavation.png
Jungle Excavation!
BeesNest - Copy.png
Stinger Bow!
TheJungleBook.png
The Jungle Book!
Fiery_Greatsword.png
Fiery Greatsword!
Flamarang.png
Flamarang!
Sunfury.png
Sunfury!
Cascade.png
Cascade!
Molten_Pickaxe.png
Molten Pickaxe!
Molten_Hamaxe.png
Molten Hamaxe!
Molten_Fury.png
Molten Fury!
Phoenix_Blaster.png
Phoenix Blaster!
Demon_Scythe.png
Demon Scythe!
Magma_Stone.png
Magma Stone!
Molten Armor.png
Molten_armor.png
Molten Armor!
FierySpear.png
Fiery Spear!
FlamingPipe.png
Flaming Pipe! - New!
FlamingDart.png
Flaming Dart!
Light's_Bane.png
Light's Bane!
Ball_O'_Hurt.png
Ball O' Hurt!
Malaise.png
Malaise!
Nightmare_Pickaxe.png
Nightmare Pickaxe!
War_Axe_of_the_Night.png
War Axe of The Night!
The_Breaker.png
The Breaker!
Demon_Bow.png
Demon Bow!
Musket.png
Musket!
Vilethorn.png
Vilethorn!
Band_of_Starpower.png
Band of Starpower!
Fisher_of_Souls.png
Fisher of Souls!
Shadow Armor.png
Shadow_armor.png
Shadow Armor!
Light'sSpear2.png
Yari of Shadows!
PipeofShadows.png
Pipe of Shadows! - New!
ShadowDart.png
Shadow Dart!
Blood_Butcherer.png
Blood Butcherer!
The_Rotted_Fork.png
Rotted Fork!
The_Meatball.png
The Meatball!
Artery.png
Artery!
Deathbringer_Pickaxe.png
Deathbringer Pickaxe!
Blood_Lust_Cluster.png
Blood Lust Cluster!
Flesh_Grinder.png
Flesh Grinder!
Tendon_Bow.png
Tendon Bow!
The_Undertaker.png
The Undertaker!
Crimson_Rod.png
Crimson Rod!
Panic_Necklace.png
Panic Necklace!
Fleshcatcher.png
Fleshcatcher!
Crimson Armor.png
Crimson_armor_male.png
Crimson Armor!
TendonArrow.png
Tendon Arrow! - New!
BloodDart.png
Blood Dart!
Night's_Edge.png
Night's Edge!
Dark_Lance.png
Dark Lance!
NightTime.png
New Moon!
PickaxeofNight.png
Twilight Pickaxe! - New!
TwilightMemory.png
Twilight Memory!
DuskArrow.png
Dusk Arrow! - New!
MoonsDarkness.png
Moons Darkness!
NightlyPiper2.png
Night Piper! - Re-sprited!
NightlyDart.png
Night Dart!
Armor of the Night.png
Night Armor!
DeadEdge.png
Dead Edge!
DeadEnd.png
Dead End!
DeadWay2.png
Dead Way!
DeadOn.png
Dead On!
DeadMiner.png
Grave Robber!
DecayedRemnant.png
Decayed Remnant!
DecayedGears3.png
Decayed Gears!
BlackPlague.png
Black Plague!
DeathPipe2.png
Killer Piping!
DeathDart.png
Death Dart!
Armor of the Dead.png
Dead Armor!
Excalibur.png
Excalibur!
Gungnir.png
Gungnir!
Light_Disc.png
Light Disc!
Pickaxe_Axe.png
Pickaxe Axe!
Hallowed_Repeater.png
Hallowed Repeater!
Hallowed Armor.png
Hallowed_armor_Mask.png
Hallowed Armor!
HallowedDart.png
Hallowed Dart!
Broken_Hero_Sword.png
Broken Hero Sword!
True_Night's_Edge.png
True Night's Edge!
TrueDarkLance.png
True Dark Lance!
TruePickaxeofNight.png
True Twilight Pickaxe! - New!
TrueTwilightMemory.png
True Twilight Memory!
TrueDuskArrow.png
True Dusk Arrow! - New!
TrueNightlyPiper2.png
True Night Piper! - Re-sprited!
TrueNightlyDart.png
True Night Dart!
TrueDeadEdge.png
True Dead Edge!
TrueDeadEnd.png
True Dead End!
TrueDeadMiner.png
True Grave Robber!
TrueDecayedRemnant.png
True Decayed Remnant!
TrueDecayedGears.png
True Decayed Gears! - No true version for re-sprite, yet!
TrueBlackPlague.png
True Black Plague!
TrueDeathPipe2.png
True Killer Piping!
TrueDeathDart.png
True Death Dart!
True_Excalibur.png
True Excalibur!
TrueGungnir.png
True Gungnir! - New!
TrueLightDisc.png
True Light Disc!
TrueHallowedDart.png
True Hallowed Dart!
TruePickaxeAxe.png
True Pickaxe Axe! - New!
TruePwnhammer.png
True Pwnhammer! - New!
Terra_Blade.png
Terra Blade!
TerraSpear.png
Terra Spear!
Ria's Persistence.png
Terra Bow!
TerraBlowpipe.png
Terra Pipe!
TerraDart.png
Terra Dart!
CodedCutlass.png
Coded Blade!
CodedSpear.png
Coded Spear!
CodedMines.png
Data Miner!
CodedBow.png
Cipher Bow!
Coded Tome.png
Coders Tome!
CodePipe.png
Cipher Pipe!
CodeDart.png
Cipher Dart!
I am not the best spriter ever, nor do my sprites look how they'd look if Terraria added these to the game.
I sprite differently, and I'm not the best at making em' Terraria-esque.
Update thing shows new stuff happening currently since the last update!
New Banner Spoiler! - Up top!
12 new items! -
JungleExcavation.png
PickaxeofNight.png
TruePickaxeofNight.png
TruePwnhammer.png
TrueGungnir.png
TruePickaxeAxe.png
TheJungleBook.png
TendonArrow.png
DuskArrow.png
TrueDuskArrow.png
PipeofShadows.png
FlamingPipe.png
- In order of reference!
Jungle Excavation! - Excavate the entire Jungle!
Twilight Pickaxe! - Mining through the Night...
True Twilight Pickaxe! - Mining through the Night...
True Pwnhammer! - Truely pwning!
True Gungnir! - The True spear of legends...
True Pickaxe Axe! - The True pick of legends...
The Jungle Book! - Is a spellbook!
Tendon Arrow! - Alternative to Unholy Arrows!
Dusk Arrow - Arrow of the Night!
True Dusk Arrow - True arrow of the night!
Pipe of Shadows! - Corrupt pipe!
Flaming Pipe! - Underworld pipe!
2 re-sprites! -
NightlyPiper.png
TrueNightlyPiper.png
- Old!
NightlyPiper2.png
TrueNightlyPiper2.png
- New!
New Updates spoiler! - It's this thing, right here!
New Banner added! - See at top, it's the second one!
Reserved post now used for thanks to people! - Pretty empty right now!
4 re-sprites! -
DeadWay.png
Light'sSpear.png
SporeSpear.png
DecayedGears.png
- Old!
DeadWay2.png
Light'sSpear2.png
SporeRaider.png
DecayedGears3.png
- New!
11 re-names! -
Light'sSpear2.png
SporeRaider.png
NightTime.png
DeadMiner.png
TrueDeadMiner.png
DeathPipe2.png
TrueDeathPipe2.png
CodedMines.png
CodedBow.png
CodePipe.png
CodeDart.png
- In order of reference!
Light's Spear to Yari of Shadows!
Spore Spear to Spore Raider!
Night Time to New Moon!
Dead Miner/True Dead Miner to Grave Robber/True Grave Robber!
Death Pipe/True Death Pipe to Killer Piping/True Killer Piping!
Coded Mines to Data Miner!
Coded Bow to Cipher Bow!
Code Pipe to Cipher Pipe!
Code Dart to Cipher Dart!
Welp, that's everything. If you're interested enough in this mod, like the post, comment, and insert the banner(Up at top) into your signature!
That's all for now, hope you enjoyed!

Last edited:
Whoah, finally some mod with actually nice sprites! The idea sounds pretty alright (well, maybe those code weapons sound weird), keep it up! :red:

Thanks! My thought with the Code stuff is that there's Terra items, rather obviously named after the game, and Code items, since games require Code. I need to improve my post to explain my plans more, but first I need to figure out how to make images seen rather than a link.
There are plenty of mods with nice sprites... Thorium, Tremor... All I can think of right now, but those sprites are quite nice indeed.

Thanks! My thought with the Code stuff is that there's Terra items, rather obviously named after the game, and Code items, since games require Code. I need to improve my post to explain my plans more, but first I need to figure out how to make images seen rather than a link.
There are plenty of mods with nice sprites... Thorium, Tremor... All I can think of right now, but those sprites are quite nice indeed.
With editing a post press edit then more options and upload a file then upload images. which bellow it will appear options which then you click full image
Crystal Meteor Sword.png
and poof the image will come out like with this.

So... I tried making a True Twilight Memory, (Or two True Twilight Memory) and neither look the best... They kinda suck.
Here's how they look, because REASONS! (Also a couple others, for hype of an update to the post, I guess)
TrueTwilightMemory.png
TrueTwilightMemory2.png
TerraBlowpipe.png
CodePipe.png
Armor of the Dead2.png
DeadThrow2.png
DeadThrow2 - Copy.png

So... I tried making a True Twilight Memory, (Or two True Twilight Memory) and neither look the best... They kinda suck.
Here's how they look, because REASONS! (Also a couple others, for hype of an update to the post, I guess)
View attachment 109405 View attachment 109406 View attachment 109404 View attachment 109403 View attachment 109407 View attachment 109411 View attachment 109410
do you think that the first one sucks? the second one is kinda bad but the first one is an amazing sprite

All this talk about sprites...they're ok, I could see some improvement, but they look fine to me. (not saying that any of my stuff is good)

The sprites are raelly good/ Maybe you should make a code Sludgehammer ? we dont see many powerful hammer weapons.

The sprites are raelly good/ Maybe you should make a code Sludgehammer ? we dont see many powerful hammer weapons.
Hmm... Maybe, however, because of the way I'm making this mod, it'd be preferable to have multiple Sledgehammers,(I assume that's what you meant) for all the weapons required to make Code weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom