Drawings & Paintings Terraria Arts & Comics By Ajidot

juuuuuust gonna leave this here:

+

n681YNo.png

Whoo!
myAinCF.gif

It's a good general rule that if an artist is awesome, they probably do NOT have time for your requests, lol.

Awesome artists get paid for their work over at places like FA, DeviantArt, etc. Not many will do freebies, because the more awesome an artist is, most likely the more time they spend on a piece. An average burger-flipper at McD's gets what, $9 an hour or something? Some of these artists will spend 3-5 hours on a piece, so it is entirely understandable that they find it difficult to fork over $30-50 worth of work for nothing.

I find that people in general do not respect the artist's skill and time, not to mention all of the equipment they need. A good art tablet is at least $1.5k or more, if it's any serious artist. That's assuming they do digital art, and not physical art which over time could end up costing more over a long period of time.

It isn't cheap, and the artist spends a lot of time putting that stuff together. And, to top it all off, if an artist is good, then they are also popular, and have many requests/commissions/etc that they simply can't fill all of them.

It's a good general rule that if an artist is awesome, they probably do NOT have time for your requests, lol.

Awesome artists get paid for their work over at places like FA, DeviantArt, etc. Not many will do freebies, because the more awesome an artist is, most likely the more time they spend on a piece. An average burger-flipper at McD's gets what, $9 an hour or something? Some of these artists will spend 3-5 hours on a piece, so it is entirely understandable that they find it difficult to fork over $30-50 worth of work for nothing.

I find that people in general do not respect the artist's skill and time, not to mention all of the equipment they need. A good art tablet is at least $1.5k or more, if it's any serious artist. That's assuming they do digital art, and not physical art which over time could end up costing more over a long period of time.

It isn't cheap, and the artist spends a lot of time putting that stuff together. And, to top it all off, if an artist is good, then they are also popular, and have many requests/commissions/etc that they simply can't fill all of them.
I agree with everything you say, except for the tablet part. sure there are certainly tablets that are THIS expensive, but you certainly don't need one to be a professional artist. I have a 100 dollar wacom tablet that works pretty :red:n' perfectly, and you can get ones that are just as reliable for half that price.

I only say this so people aren't as discouraged to take up digital art.

I'M NOT ASKING FOR ANYTHING
plus, the request conditions thing didn't even say "commision only" -.-'

Back
Top Bottom