tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I am trying to get the shadowspec bars, but am unaware of how to get the yharon soul fragment. On the front page it calls them by a different name, and says from solar NPCs in expert mode, but I have tried the enemies at the solar pillar to no avail. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong. (I an kinda of thinking it may have meant enemies from the solar eclipse but am unsure.)

I am trying to get the shadowspec bars, but am unaware of how to get the yharon soul fragment. On the front page it calls them by a different name, and says from solar NPCs in expert mode, but I have tried the enemies at the solar pillar to no avail. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong. (I an kinda of thinking it may have meant enemies from the solar eclipse but am unsure.)
Defeat Yharon

I know this mod is not going to be updated in a while(understandable too, mountaindrew deserves a break) but sometime in a future update I'd love to see some more stuff for building or decoration.

First the custom ores(like aerialite) need to be placable, one time I wanted to make a custom floating island and have aerialite deposits imbedded in parts of the ground, but found out the ore isn't placable after you mine it!

Second, I'd love to see bricks for the new ores, like Aerialite brick or Cryo brick.

Third, and this is a personal thought, a new use for older ores after they aren't needed anymore, furniture! Thorium lets you make furniture out of thorium bars, so I think the bars in this mod should also be usable to craft special furniture! Like craft a Bed, a Lamp, a Door or maybe even a Bookshelf or Chandelier out of Aerialite bars, Victide Bars, Cryo Bars or other bars from other metals!

Fourth, placable bars, I know I suggested this before, but still, placable bars would be really nice, I'd love to build like an underground vault or something and fill it to the brim with various bars, both from vanilla and mods, I'd love placable bars in calamity too! :)

Maybe I won't take a break, I don't know anymore. I'm bored as hell and my stepdad is pissing me off, so I might just work on this to keep my mind off of my depressing situation.

Again, not sure yet.

It's not. I wish things were better but they're not.

I know this is going to come off as cruel, and obviously I don't know anything about your situation, but..

Wishing isn't going to make it better. If you're not happy with your situation, you've gotta figure out a way to make it better. Doing things to take your mind off the issue is only a temporary escape. You've got to realize your life and your future is in your hands, and your hands alone.

It's not going to get easy or better overnight, but you can take small steps every single day towards whatever it is you want out of life. The important part is to start as soon as possible.

Just have to animate this boss now. All I can say is don't expect to see this before the addition of the Calamity biome, which will be likely worked on after the long deserved break. I consider spriting this one of my biggest feats so far, and a tribute for the greatness of this mod. I don't want the devs to rush anything for this to be added.

Teaser of the boss itself:
Banner Sandstorm.png

Some mirages somehow gain their own sentience and can haunt anyone of their choosing. This one feeds on the despair and pain of its victims purely for entertainment, due to its immortality. One cannot end it without obtaining a specific item to lure it to you.

Last edited:
I've been taking steps. I'm not contemplating giving up on life anymore, so that's a plus. Where I've gotten today has been thanks to the people that have helped me, and myself being a stubborn bastard and not giving up.

Thing is, there is way more to this depression story than what I'm telling here. My stepdad is just the current moron that's getting in my way. Shame my mother has to stay with him due to her low income. She's great and is the reason I'm into video games at all since we played Banjo Kazooie when I was growing up. My stepdad...HATES video games to their core and the people that "waste" their time playing them. See my issue here?

What would make me really happy is just getting back to my apartment as soon as possible.

I'm staying here currently out of necessity...and to make my mom happy.

I'm sure it will all be fine within the next month or so.

This made me happy, as always:

Last edited:
Giving up on life should never be an option, just never! So please continue being a stubborn bastard. <3

It's hard to give advice in such a situation as I think depression is just so damn difficult to deal with. But as "orangepecan" already mentioned, if possible, you should try to resolve problems asap, step by step, as it will just continue to drag you down. (Yes, I know it sounds easier than it really is)

Just keep looking forward man, stay around people you like, love and care about and I'm sure you'll pull through this chapter of your life.

I've been taking steps. I'm not contemplating giving up on life anymore, so that's a plus. Where I've gotten today has been thanks to the people that have helped me, and myself being a stubborn bastard and not giving up.

Thing is, there is way more to this depression story than what I'm telling here. My stepdad is just the current moron that's getting in my way. Shame my mother has to stay with him due to her low income. She's great and is the reason I'm into video games at all since we played Banjo Kazooie when I was growing up. My stepdad...HATES video games to their core and the people that "waste" their time playing them. See my issue here?

What would make me really happy is just getting back to my apartment as soon as possible.

I'm staying here currently out of necessity...and to make my mom happy.

I'm sure it will all be fine within the next month or so.

This made me happy, as always:

I'm not going to say video games are a waste of time, as I am not one to judge what people find important to them, but coming from a place where video games have been a serious hindrance to my progression in life (and still are), I can see where your stepdad is coming from. Although it sounds like he's dealing with it in a very mean-spirited manner, which never helps.

Sounds like you and your mom ought to find a way to move somewhere permanently away from your stepdad in any event.

Aside from that, all I can say is good luck with your situation and I hope you find a way to make it better sooner rather than later!

Giving up on life should never be an option, just never! So please continue being a stubborn bastard. <3

It's hard to give advice in such a situation as I think depression is just so damn difficult to deal with. But as "orangepecan" already mentioned, if possible, you should try to resolve problems asap, step by step, as it will just continue to drag you down. (Yes, I know it sounds easier than it really is)

Just keep looking forward man, stay around people you like, love and care about and I'm sure you'll pull through this chapter of your life.

I cannot stress enough the importance of the last part. Surround yourself with people who lift you up, encourage you, and give you a good kick in the :red: when necessary.

It is definitely very difficult to pull yourself out of a deep pit but hanging around people who do nothing but motivate you to push forward is one of the best things you can do for yourself..

Thank you so much. I'll keep trying to look past all of this, but sometimes it adds up and becomes something I just can't ignore, if that makes sense. Perhaps I just needed to tell more people about it, get it off my chest.

My roommate not being here makes this a lot harder (been friends with him since elementary school) and I would always talk to him about my troubles. I should just head out and visit some of my old high school friends, show them what I've done and maybe showcase this mod a bit.

I'm not going to say video games are a waste of time, as I am not one to judge what people find important to them, but coming from a place where video games have been a serious hindrance to my progression in life (and still are), I can see where your stepdad is coming from. Although it sounds like he's dealing with it in a very mean-spirited manner, which never helps.

Sounds like you and your mom ought to find a way to move somewhere permanently away from your stepdad in any event.

Aside from that, all I can say is good luck with your situation and I hope you find a way to make it better sooner rather than later!

I cannot stress enough the importance of the last part. Surround yourself with people who lift you up, encourage you, and give you a good kick in the :red: when necessary.

It is definitely very difficult to pull yourself out of a deep pit but hanging around people who do nothing but motivate you to push forward is one of the best things you can do for yourself..

He's turned me into a pretty sour person myself. It's hard for me to see the good in most things since I've lived with him since I was 5. It's my fault as well, but I didn't really have a choice in who I got to grow up with, not many people really get that choice either when they're young. My real dad, the one I wish I could visit more, lives 2 hours away from here and even further from the campus I go to school at.

I mean, am I just an extremely fragile person? I've seen people in much worse scenarios and they seem to be dealing with it much better than me.

Anyway, main point is that I'm going to try and deal with the cards I've been dealt.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I'll keep trying to look past all of this, but sometimes it adds up and becomes something I just can't ignore, if that makes sense. Perhaps I just needed to tell more people about it, get it off my chest.

My roommate not being here makes this a lot harder (been friends with him since elementary school) and I would always talk to him about my troubles. I should just head out and visit some of my old high school friends, show them what I've done and maybe showcase this mod a bit.

He's turned me into a pretty sour person myself. It's hard for me to see the good in most things since I've lived with him since I was 5. It's my fault as well, but I didn't really have a choice in who I got to grow up with, not many people really get that choice either when they're young. My real dad, the one I wish I could visit more, lives 2 hours away from here and even further from the campus I go to school at.

I mean, am I just an extremely fragile person? I've seen people in much worse scenarios and they seem to be dealing with it much better than me.

Anyway, main point is that I'm going to try and deal with the cards I've been dealt.

To be honest, I think it's probably better not to ignore or look past your troubles, but rather to face them directly and smash them to pieces. You are the only one capable of that, however.

As for your second part there, these images sum up my feelings on that exactly: https://www.google.ca/search?q=you+...ZLRAhUI3YMKHYqMDe8Q_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=1067

Speaking of I have something that might interest you and may even motivate you.

TIDAL WAVE

The Tyrant Yharim long ago flooded a city of high stature and magics. The denizens had innate and powerful arcane abilities which Yharim wanted to use to bolster his ranks for vengeance and conquest. But the Atlantis refused to aid him and in return, Yharim leveled the City and flooded the lands in watery depths bringing ruin to the Kingdom. The survivors harnessed all their magic to breath in the deep waters but it backfired, as the generations continued they transformed into abyssal horrors with only primitive drive. But they have come for the land walkers now to conquer them and begin a new empire... their empire

I don't have much now but these are sprites for the mobs. I am missing a Boss and one more mob but this is it for now.
Tidal_Wave_Enemies.png

TIDAL WAVE

The Tyrant Yharim long ago flooded a city of high stature and magics. The denizens had innate and powerful arcane abilities which Yharim wanted to use to bolster his ranks for vengeance and conquest. But the Atlantis refused to aid him and in return, Yharim leveled the City and flooded the lands in watery depths bringing ruin to the Kingdom. The survivors harnessed all their magic to breath in the deep waters but it backfired, as the generations continued they transformed into abyssal horrors with only primitive drive. But they have come for the land walkers now to conquer them and begin a new empire... their empire

I don't have much now but these are sprites for the mobs. I am missing a Boss and one more mob but this is it for now.
View attachment 152837

Those are pretty sweet.

TIDAL WAVE

View attachment 152837
The last Sprite looks like a jellyfish walking on land

Back
Top Bottom