tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Yeah they both spawn in the Underworld. I had this feeling that they would, and faced a couple of them when i got there. But thanks! And thanks for the wingman too, will gonna try to spawn a martial invasion to check that out.
Just for an addition, they also spawn in the hallow. Those are the only places where they can spawn. When you fight The Profaned Guardians if you are out of the hallow or the underworld they will have lots of defense. If you fight Providence out of any of those two biomes she will be immune to any attacks. Also, Providence drops different Expert Mode items depending in which biome you kill her. I know it's more information than needed but I thought it would help. :)

Before I even say anything, I want to state again how much I love the mod. However, there's one minor detail that I feel would be good to edit- the scorn eaters and unholy serpents spawning in the hallow. In a world full of pixies and fantastical creatures, it's odd to have a lava serpent pop out of the ground and rip your head off... Is there a way simply retexture (and even change the name to something like Holy Serpent or Dream Eater) to make the enemies fit more into the hallow?

Thanks for this amazing journey, mountaindrew.

I love how a majority of you have no faith in me replicating the same hype as the Last Battle mix. I'm stating here and now: If I did it before, I can do it again. There's absolutely nothing to be afraid about.
HAHAHA! that's what I call determination!
Go and make us proud, boi!:D;)

Despawns were just added.
Ah, my playthrough in the newest update is multiplayer with my best friend. Probably helps with despawning to have multiple people in different areas.

Although, the Siren flew up to the karman line for a minute before coming back down.
We tried using angel treads to fight her on the ocean, but after seeing how big the new leviathan was that became a bad idea. So, we used our transcontinental railway and some mechanical carts to fight. We couldn't outrun the siren, but we could outrun her projectiles. Mostly. After a couple minutes of that she must have gotten sick of my shenanigans and flew to the moon for a time-out.

I'll probably state some ideas for PtD/PtC drops. They might not make it in, but I'll say it just for the sake of it and because of daily Demon slaying, school, and boredom. They might be unbalanced, boring, or whatever, but whatever.

An accessory that allows lifesteal, but the player has to stand still. (1st phase reference where it draws energy from the Corruption through tubes) The standing still requirement is unnecessary if the player is in the Corruption, along with the bonus of increased regen and stats. (Kinda got inspired by Yharim's Gift where you can become buffed if you aren't in the jungle.)

Accessory that shields the player in ice spikes that slowly decrease per hit. (e.g there are 8 spikes/1 hit = 7 spikes) The spikes do damage based on the enemy's physical contact damage. (nerfed for superbosses) However, despite the spikes protecting them, the player will still take damage. After all spikes have been depleted, the player will gain a great and sudden stat increase and a slight Rage/Wrath buff for ______. (I'm not good at balancing debuff times)

Magic Weapon that summons Cataclysm and Catastrophe for a short second as they burst through enemies at near-tachyon speed. (Basically just a red and gray blur in a straight line that kills any enemy in its path; maybe like Tremor's Eye of Infinity?) There is no pierce limit except for the DoG battle, where piercing is pretty much the last thing you'd want to do.

1. (This is a stupid and terrible idea) One use item that permanently increases the oxygen meter and increases the player's agility in liquids.

2. Ion G.U.N: Magic Weapon that functions like the most dangerous Charged Blaster Cannon. It fires a death laser that will increase in damage and size the longer you hold it. (time cap is 10 seconds, where it will reach the size of slightly larger than the EoC) It instantaneously destroys any flying machine enemies, but it will pretty much destroy the Martian UFO if it's fully charged. (but you may waste a lot of mana in this process)

(BTW, those familiar with Calamity Mod's past updates during the Leviathan's development and those familiar with Subnautica will get the Ion G.U.N reference)

Magic Weapon that summons the Plaguebringer's infamous Plague Nuke Barrage...but it's on your side this time. It can phase through a few blocks and any enemy in crossfire is infected with the Black Death.

Vorpal Blade: Melee weapon that fires a shotgun-spread of three fast sword beams, deals high damage, and instantly kills any dragon enemy. (it just deals good damage to Yharon, however) However, it's a bit on the slower side. (imagine it like an opposite to Murasama) The dragon enemy instakill effect is there because in the Alice in Wonderland series, the Vorpal Blade slayed the Jabberwock, which was a dragon.

These are quite possibly the stupidest and most redundant suggestions I've ever made, or that's just me being pessimistic.

Last edited:
I just killed Leviathan, and he's far too easy, or it's bugged. I think bugged, because his sprite dies and he drops no loot, no matter how many times I kill him.

I just killed Leviathan, and he's far too easy, or it's bugged. I think bugged, because his sprite dies and he drops no loot, no matter how many times I kill him.
You can fight the Leviathan at any state of the game, but it will only drop loot pos-Plantera. Might be from that c:

You can fight the Leviathan at any state of the game, but it will only drop loot pos-Plantera. Might be from that c:

No, as of recent updates, the Leviathan drops the "IOU an item" item pre-Plantera, which, when crafted with Plantera's Living Shards, nets you a free Leviathan drop. If he's saying that nothing is dropping from the Leviathan, there might actually be something wrong.

No, as of recent updates, the Leviathan drops the "IOU an item" item pre-Plantera, which, when crafted with Plantera's Living Shards, nets you a free Leviathan drop. If he's saying that nothing is dropping from the Leviathan, there might actually be something wrong.
So that's where the IOU comes from. Was wondering.
What i stated above comes directly from the wiki, so it might be outdated. And it indeed might be a bug then.

When using the firestorm ranged weapon (the one that upgrades from the flare+boomstick), you are unable to buy flares from the merchant. :(

Also (this is just an opinion, not a question or suggestion) your boss progression putting Perforators in with Brain of Cthulhu and the like seems more like a sick joke than a reasonable assumption, because I'm still getting wrecked by it (lag not helping, but still) in early Hardmode with full Adamantite melee armor and no problem taking out the Destroyer.
I'd recommend you building arena which consists of two rows of solid blocks high enough above the ground: lower row is to stand on, and the upper one is to block hive's projectiles. Note that the upper row should be above estimated position of the hive, otherwise it will try to ram into you.

For some reason my game keeps shutting down when it gets to about 80-90% when it's "resetting objects." The game was working fine before but now i can't get it to work on any of the worlds i have set up. Is there a way to fix this, or does the tmod version just not work anymore?

Back
Top Bottom