tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I think we need more challenge bosses like Supreme Calamitas in the future. It would be very challenging and rewarding to fight The Supreme Devourer of Gods where he can keep pace with even the fastest players with endgame gear, on top of a load of debuffs to slow down the player.
Well, in the OP it says that two "super bosses" will be added in the future (the Mega Mammoth Dragon and Xeroc) so I'm sure more challenges await.

I just managed to beat Supreme Calamitas with a ranger-only character (somehow) with God Slayer armor and the Quasar's Flare bow from Thorium on my first try, but I did come close to dying about 6000 times...

Could you add functionality with the "Boss Checklist" mod, to allow bosses to have a description/information to show how to spawn them?

Info from the mod dev on how to do so:

Modders:
To use the new functionality, we will change

Code:
bossChecklist.Call("AddBoss", "Tacoman", 5.5f, (Func<bool>)(() => ExampleWorld.downedAbomination));
to

Code:
bossChecklist.Call("AddBossWithInfo", "Tacoman", 5.5f, (Func<bool>)(() => ExampleWorld.downedAbomination), "Use a [i:" + mod.ItemType("StrongFlareGun") + "] at night in the Example Biome");

Basically change AddBoss to AddBossWithInfo and add a string parameter. This string can use the chat tags system for color and items: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Chat#Tags

Could you add functionality with the "Boss Checklist" mod, to allow bosses to have a description/information to show how to spawn them?

Info from the mod dev on how to do so:

Modders:
To use the new functionality, we will change

Code:
bossChecklist.Call("AddBoss", "Tacoman", 5.5f, (Func<bool>)(() => ExampleWorld.downedAbomination));
to

Code:
bossChecklist.Call("AddBossWithInfo", "Tacoman", 5.5f, (Func<bool>)(() => ExampleWorld.downedAbomination), "Use a [i:" + mod.ItemType("StrongFlareGun") + "] at night in the Example Biome");

Basically change AddBoss to AddBossWithInfo and add a string parameter. This string can use the chat tags system for color and items: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Chat#Tags

Some of the bosses aren't spawned via boss summon item until after you beat them (Hive Mind, Perforators are two that come to mind), so hmm.

Um, hewwo. I was looking at this and I was wondering if A. I could see a chart with the weapons sorted between melee, magic, ranged, and summoned.
B. How do I get it to run on my game?

Hey i have problem, i play with my friend and some bosses just dissapear for no reason can someone fix this? it werent big problem but we started fight devourer of gods which is very hard fight and he just dissapear after almost killed it.

Last edited:
In Multiplayer Aerialite spawns on world gen instead of after killing Desert Scourge. I assume this is a bug. It made it pretty tough to mine around since there was tons of aerialite in the way and I can't mine it until after a demonite pickaxe.

That was not sarcasm... I am a pretty sarcastic person. Heck, I got banned from posting on this thread for a month because of sarcasm.
I meant, i was the one using sarcasm, btw i didnt know i could get banned just cause i was using sarcasm, i wont do it again .-.

I honestly didnt expect the Devourer of Gods, Yharon and Supreme Calamitas to be so ez

1. DoG: i literally wasnt able to move (and didnt wanted to), used Xeroc armor + some accs + Blossom Flux + and another item from another mod called Ring of the Undying (basically it does what you think it does) = boom, stupid dps on the HEAD (yeah i got hit like 5 times, didnt die cuz Undying c: ), literally stayed still, using frame skip at Subtle so i wont lag, finished in less than 30 secs.
2. Yharon: same setup from before except for God Slayer armor, just used the BF as i dodged the Giga Flares (thats how i call the tornados) and keep ALOT of distance from Yharon.
3. Supreme Calamitas: Defeated her on my 2nd try (1st was without potions cuz was a "test" run, still made her HP go to red), same setup from before except that i got Chicken Launcher (trust me, this weapon is no joke, it is op asf), was easy, just dodged the brimstone hellblasts, other than that it wasnt problem.

*cough*whydididodis*cough*

I honestly didnt expect the Devourer of Gods, Yharon and Supreme Calamitas to be so ez

1. DoG: i literally wasnt able to move (and didnt wanted to), used Xeroc armor + some accs + Blossom Flux + and another item from another mod called Ring of the Undying (basically it does what you think it does) = boom, stupid dps on the HEAD (yeah i got hit like 5 times, didnt die cuz Undying c: ), literally stayed still, using frame skip at Subtle so i wont lag, finished in less than 30 secs.
2. Yharon: same setup from before except for God Slayer armor, just used the BF as i dodged the Giga Flares (thats how i call the tornados) and keep ALOT of distance from Yharon.
3. Supreme Calamitas: Defeated her on my 2nd try (1st was without potions cuz was a "test" run, still made her HP go to red), same setup from before except that i got Chicken Launcher (trust me, this weapon is no joke, it is op asf), was easy, just dodged the brimstone hellblasts, other than that it wasnt problem.

*cough*whydididodis*cough*

So basically you used strategy to beat a boss...

That's normally how things go.

EDIT: out of curiosity what are all the mods you used? That contributes to a lot as well.

Nice. "and another item from another mod called Ring of the Undying (basically it does what you think it does) = boom, stupid dps on the HEAD (yeah i got hit like 5 times, didnt die cuz Undying c: ), literally stayed still, using frame skip at Subtle so i wont lag, finished in less than 30 secs."

So you used other mods that likely have extremely powerful gear that can be stacked with other powerful modded gear. Not really fair to call the bosses easy then imo

Nice. "and another item from another mod called Ring of the Undying (basically it does what you think it does) = boom, stupid dps on the HEAD (yeah i got hit like 5 times, didnt die cuz Undying c: ), literally stayed still, using frame skip at Subtle so i wont lag, finished in less than 30 secs."

So you used other mods that likely have extremely powerful gear that can be stacked with other powerful modded gear. Not really fair to call the bosses easy then imo

@DevilWolf320 Pretty much this. Calamity, for the most part, is balanced around itself. You're free to use other mods with it, but you will definitely see a drop in difficulty doing so.

Me using Godmode and infinite damage buffs are the main reason the post-ML bosses are easy. Then again, I'm kinda just waiting for updates now, and GD is the only thing taking up my time.

OT: Yeah, as said, there are other mods with items that can outright destroy the Calmity Mod's bosses. Actually, if you don't want them to be easy, disable said mods that helped you except vanilla Terraria and Calamity. Let's see how you fare against that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom