tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Trelamium was meant to fix it for their latest update, but they've stopped working on their mod if the forum post is right, so I'm not sure there.
Yeah he said he couldn't work on it anymore until june of next year...rip

Last edited:
First of all, a huge thank you to the creators of the mod. Excellent work with a lot of creativity! I really enjoyed my playthrough!

At a certain point, I became interested in all of the "damage reduction" accessories available in the game and decided to see what I acquired and could stack both from vanilla and the Spirit mod... Here goes:
17% - Worm Scarf (Vanilla)
25% - Frozen Turtle Shell (Vanilla) when under half health
10% - Endurance Potion (Vanilla)
(52%) subtotal from just Vanilla
10% Titanbound Bulwark (Spirit)
15% Nora's Mark (Spirit) when under half health
12% Atlas Eye (Spirit)
(37%) subtotal from Spirit
TOTAL 89% Damage Reduction!
Couple this with the Primalstone Faceplate (12% damage reduction all the time!) and the total (100-12)*(100-89)=9.7% of the original damage. At this point is will regenerate faster than I can be damaged and I am practically invincible.

Oh, and I also managed to score about 3 of the Solar Rattles (extra 40 defense while riding the Drakomire) which made me *totally* invincible to Moon lord and Overseer...

Just a suggestion: You may consider capping the damage reduction from the mod at some level OR disallow some stacking (Nora's Mark and Worm Scarf).

Once again, excellent mod and I truly appreciate all the hard work that went into putting it together!

First of all, a huge thank you to the creators of the mod. Excellent work with a lot of creativity! I really enjoyed my playthrough!

At a certain point, I became interested in all of the "damage reduction" accessories available in the game and decided to see what I acquired and could stack both from vanilla and the Spirit mod... Here goes:
17% - Worm Scarf (Vanilla)
25% - Frozen Turtle Shell (Vanilla) when under half health
10% - Endurance Potion (Vanilla)
(52%) subtotal from just Vanilla
10% Titanbound Bulwark (Spirit)
15% Nora's Mark (Spirit) when under half health
12% Atlas Eye (Spirit)
(37%) subtotal from Spirit
TOTAL 89% Damage Reduction!
Couple this with the Primalstone Faceplate (12% damage reduction all the time!) and the total (100-12)*(100-89)=9.7% of the original damage. At this point is will regenerate faster than I can be damaged and I am practically invincible.

Oh, and I also managed to score about 3 of the Solar Rattles (extra 40 defense while riding the Drakomire) which made me *totally* invincible to Moon lord and Overseer...

Just a suggestion: You may consider capping the damage reduction from the mod at some level OR disallow some stacking (Nora's Mark and Worm Scarf).

Once again, excellent mod and I truly appreciate all the hard work that went into putting it together!

100% damage reduction is pretty easy to get from a few different mods working in conjunction with one another. Damage reduction not being capped is a vanilla quality. Mod's making big changes like this can be a major turn-off for people because they no longer just "add" to the experience but change how all other mods are expected to work.

Just because you can play with god-mode doesn't mean you have to. Spirit mod nerfing the effectiveness of their items doesn't necessarily fix the overall issue because the cap is pretty easily hit by combining items from multiple mods.

100% damage reduction is pretty easy to get from a few different mods working in conjunction with one another. Damage reduction not being capped is a vanilla quality. Mod's making big changes like this can be a major turn-off for people because they no longer just "add" to the experience but change how all other mods are expected to work.

Just because you can play with god-mode doesn't mean you have to. Spirit mod nerfing the effectiveness of their items doesn't necessarily fix the overall issue because the cap is pretty easily hit by combining items from multiple mods.

I am only talking about what is possible (or more accurately, what I found in my playthough) within the confines of the vanilla game and the Spirit mod, as this is what I believe the Spirit mod creators intended. I'm also not talking about nerfing the effectiveness of any items. A simple cap can be done and has been enabled in other mods for just this reason. A similar effect can be achieved by disallowing certain combinations of accessories (such as the worm scarf and anything that uses the worm scarf as a crafting ingredient, for example), as has also been done by other mods.

The Spirit mod is a wonderful and immensely enjoyable addition to the game. My suggestion is only in the spirit of adding more balance.

This is why a DR cap is useful for mods with lots of DR increasing options. It makes the game less of a cakewalk, but then again it's up to the owner to do it or not.

Imposing a cap on damage resistance would affect all the other mods that use this stat, No?
This is not a wise choice for a mod author of a major content mod. It's a good idea for a small qol mod that people can install to help regulate their game but something like that forces players to do something they may not appreciate if they are expecting more content.
[doublepost=1505481757,1505481251][/doublepost]
I am only talking about what is possible (or more accurately, what I found in my playthough) within the confines of the vanilla game and the Spirit mod, as this is what I believe the Spirit mod creators intended. I'm also not talking about nerfing the effectiveness of any items. A simple cap can be done and has been enabled in other mods for just this reason. A similar effect can be achieved by disallowing certain combinations of accessories (such as the worm scarf and anything that uses the worm scarf as a crafting ingredient, for example), as has also been done by other mods.

The Spirit mod is a wonderful and immensely enjoyable addition to the game. My suggestion is only in the spirit of adding more balance.

Ahh. Restricting certain item combinations is an interesting approach.

But then you have the issue of people not being able to do what they want simply because a mod author feels their stuff doesn't work with other stuff they way they want it.

Balance is a tricky thing. This is why non-professional content creators have such a hard time with things like this. You've got to be really careful to not do something that pushes people away from wanting to use your mod because they will whine and complain on forums and in social media that your mod restricts their experience while the competing content does not.

Best solution is for the mod author to simply evaluate vanilla potential for damage resistance and determine if going above this value is something they should be able to do via the content in their mod. If it is then they can strategically place the extra items throughout the mod or attach them to things that wouldn't necessarily work really well together to discourage people stacking them. Or design debuffs or something that bosses can apply which can directly reduce damage resistance values if above a certain value.

Something like if above 90 percent damage resistance becomes equal to 90 percent, so it makes that boss harder but in line with the balance expectations of the mod.

Last edited:
Having no cap often leads to far more problems as I've seen, vanilla itself should have one but it doesn't. It's why Calamity has a cap on DR, in vanilla the DR can hit around 80+% which is just stupid in my opinion and combined with modded items it gets even higher. Big mods should be played standalone with a couple smaller QoL mods so that balance doesn't get completely destroyed but again that's just my likely unpopular opinion.

Also checking for item combinations is needlessly tedious programming-wise and can lead to even more issues and questions from players wondering why their DR isn't higher with specific item combos.

Having no cap often leads to far more problems as I've seen, vanilla itself should have one but it doesn't. It's why Calamity has a cap on DR, in vanilla the DR can hit around 80+% which is just stupid in my opinion and combined with modded items it gets even higher. Big mods should be played standalone with a couple smaller QoL mods so that balance doesn't get completely destroyed but again that's just my likely unpopular opinion.

Also checking for item combinations is needlessly tedious programming-wise and can lead to even more issues and questions from players wondering why their DR isn't higher with specific item combos.

Does calamity's dr cap apply universally or just to its items?

It is indeed universal because the mod was designed for what I like in video games. The mod is also made to fix what I think the vanilla game :red:ed up. I don't like when stats are allowed to be overblown to the point of making the player invincible. Others might like it but I'm sorry, I don't.

I would make it only apply to Calamity items if the highest attainable vanilla DR wasn't so ridiculously high already.

why is everytime i try to launch terraria it sais failed to load music/sounds/reach_boss2 can someone help me?

I would just like to point out that invincibility is already achievable in vanilla with:
-------------------
worm scarf +
demon heart +
--------------------
star veil +
Ankh shield +
frozen turtle shell +
charm of myths +
-And the main thing,-
Paladin's shield.
Enough players in the same area can spread all the damage endlessly. I agree with most of the other people's ideas, Just because you can have invincibility doesn't mean you have to chase after it.

(ahem) fargowlitas (ahem)

Hello, all! I've gotta start by giving you a thank you, of course, for your patience as usual, as well as your continued support! You guys have been a huge contributing factor to the latest update, and we all really appreciate it. Before we delve into what 1.3.1 has to offer, though, let's preface it:

Preface:
Ever since the mod's release, we've recieved many complaints about the power(or lack thereof) of items and bosses. Many have constantly stressed that items feel lackluster, and the bosses are not memorable. These are serious concerns, and we've tried our hardest to fix these things before. However, it wasn't until now that we sat down and rebalanced everything from the ground up. So, welcome to the mythical rebalancing update! This update aims to make your next (or current) Spirit playthrough smooth, with more powerful items and more interesting bosses! So, let's get started:

1.3.1:
Overview
https://www.mediafire.com/file/93bb1o7cj4dfvby/SpiritMod.tmod
Additions:
- A new event, the Blue Moon! This hardmode event can occur any night, or can be summoned with an Turquouise Lens at nighttime. Can you ward off the mythical beings, from Wererabbits to Jabberwockies?
- The Grove- a small microstructure(not a biome) that spawns underground. It seems to be an ancient, overgrown graveyard, but be careful, lest you disturb one of the graves...
- The Enchanter- a new NPC that spawns when you have a Blank Glyph in your inventory! The enchanter exchanges Blank Glyphs(obtained from bosses, and rarely from enemies) for Glyphs, items that enchant your weapons to give them special effects!
- Glyphs: Sold by the Enchanter for Blank Glyphs throughout progression, Glyphs can be used via right-click on the item you currently hold to give them bonus effects! To get rid of Glyphs, simply reforge your item.
- New Reach Generation- There will only be one Reach that generates on new world, but it will be slightly larger. It also has custom trees, a new background, and more!
- Reach Furniture
- New Music for the following bosses: Infernon, Ethereal Umbra, Starplate Raider
- About 70 new items, a new miniboss, and more!

Changes:
- Most sets have been buffed, with some armors gaining new set bonuses, and some weapons getting new abilities!
- New Set Bonuses: Geode Armor, Lihzahrd Armor, Vinecaller Armor, and others!
- Most bosses have been changed! Here is a little about each boss:
- Scarabeus: No longer breaks platforms! Instead, he shoots little homing gilded energy which forces you to move around
- Vinewrath: Nerfed his projectile spam a little
- Ancient Flier: Now moves faster, and shoots a special projectile in Expert Mode! To prevent minion spam, a cap has been placed on his Bone Harpy minions
- Starplate Raider: Nerfed the spamminess of stars, increased protection against piercing weapons
- Infernon: Nerfed his projectile spam. In Expert Mode, a second form has been introduced! Can you defeat the true master of hell?
- Dusking: Now faster, more powerful, and with extra projectiles. Watch out!
- Ethereal Umbra: Greatly buffed its health, and the Ethereal Mirage is now a threat in Expert Mode
- Illuminant Master: Nerfed his teleportation range and his projectile spam
- Atlas: Buffed his speed and his projectiles. Atlas is now actually a threat! Best of luck!
- Overseer: Not many changes here. Slight nerfs in damage.
- Added special water shaders for the Spirit Biome and Reach, as well as a new shader for the Spirit Biome
- Resprites for a few items and tiles, including Spirit Ore, Cryolite Ore, Boss Icons on screen, as well as some misc. yoyos
- Artifact Accessories now empower their respective weapons with special bonuses!
- A mod icon for the Mod Browser

- SO MANY DONATOR ITEMS: I tried to get to all the donator items from the past few months in here. However, I probably missed some- so if you don't see yours/ are unsure, *please* message me and let me know
Changes to the Donator Item policy:
- Increasing the price of donator items from 3 to 6 dollars
- No longer can people request upgradeable/lines of items
(This is to slow down the large amount of donator items, and give each donator item the special attention it deserves)

- Fixed multiple TYPOS, Bugs(Fiery Maw now can actually be picked up + many more), and broken items

There's so much more to cover, but in the essence of keeping it short, feel free to ask me any questions! Thank you again for the support :D
As the mod is very large, we have to wait for @jopojelly to allow the large mod onto the mod browser. This should hopefully happen later today/tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom