tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Will definitely look forward to playing this new update soon, but I wanted to say that I've always REALLY liked Spirit mod since I first tried it a while back. While yeah, items were a mixed bag balance wise, a lot of them were much more creative than most and just... genuinely fun to use. Nighttime Reach is definitely my favorite modded biome thematically as well, the music is fantastic and the mysterious creepiness/weirdness of it is fantastic, though I wish there was more reason to ever go there aside from farming that one rare drop for artifact weapons (which were previously SEVERELY underwhelming - sounds like you gave them some love this update though, will look forwards to giving 'em another shot).

Not to diss any other mods - I enjoy Calamity despite some terrible design decisions and PR, Thorium, and others. Just that Spirit was always a standout for me.

Aside from the bit where Fargo's mutant doesn't stock Spirit summons in multiplayer for some reason though, I have no idea what causes that but it tilts me endlessly given how much MP I play haha.

But yea. Thanks for the good work so far guys, and keep it up!

I just finished doing main base for a freshly made world yesterday which took me 9 hours to make. Then this updates. T-thanks Spirit mod Dev!

Hello, all! I've gotta start by giving you a thank you, of course, for your patience as usual, as well as your continued support! You guys have been a huge contributing factor to the latest update, and we all really appreciate it. Before we delve into what 1.3.1 has to offer, though, let's preface it:

Preface:
Ever since the mod's release, we've recieved many complaints about the power(or lack thereof) of items and bosses. Many have constantly stressed that items feel lackluster, and the bosses are not memorable. These are serious concerns, and we've tried our hardest to fix these things before. However, it wasn't until now that we sat down and rebalanced everything from the ground up. So, welcome to the mythical rebalancing update! This update aims to make your next (or current) Spirit playthrough smooth, with more powerful items and more interesting bosses! So, let's get started:

1.3.1:
Overview
https://www.mediafire.com/file/93bb1o7cj4dfvby/SpiritMod.tmod
Additions:
- A new event, the Blue Moon! This hardmode event can occur any night, or can be summoned with an Turquouise Lens at nighttime. Can you ward off the mythical beings, from Wererabbits to Jabberwockies?
- The Grove- a small microstructure(not a biome) that spawns underground. It seems to be an ancient, overgrown graveyard, but be careful, lest you disturb one of the graves...
- The Enchanter- a new NPC that spawns when you have a Blank Glyph in your inventory! The enchanter exchanges Blank Glyphs(obtained from bosses, and rarely from enemies) for Glyphs, items that enchant your weapons to give them special effects!
- Glyphs: Sold by the Enchanter for Blank Glyphs throughout progression, Glyphs can be used via right-click on the item you currently hold to give them bonus effects! To get rid of Glyphs, simply reforge your item.
- New Reach Generation- There will only be one Reach that generates on new world, but it will be slightly larger. It also has custom trees, a new background, and more!
- Reach Furniture
- New Music for the following bosses: Infernon, Ethereal Umbra, Starplate Raider
- About 70 new items, a new miniboss, and more!

Changes:
- Most sets have been buffed, with some armors gaining new set bonuses, and some weapons getting new abilities!
- New Set Bonuses: Geode Armor, Lihzahrd Armor, Vinecaller Armor, and others!
- Most bosses have been changed! Here is a little about each boss:
- Scarabeus: No longer breaks platforms! Instead, he shoots little homing gilded energy which forces you to move around
- Vinewrath: Nerfed his projectile spam a little
- Ancient Flier: Now moves faster, and shoots a special projectile in Expert Mode! To prevent minion spam, a cap has been placed on his Bone Harpy minions
- Starplate Raider: Nerfed the spamminess of stars, increased protection against piercing weapons
- Infernon: Nerfed his projectile spam. In Expert Mode, a second form has been introduced! Can you defeat the true master of hell?
- Dusking: Now faster, more powerful, and with extra projectiles. Watch out!
- Ethereal Umbra: Greatly buffed its health, and the Ethereal Mirage is now a threat in Expert Mode
- Illuminant Master: Nerfed his teleportation range and his projectile spam
- Atlas: Buffed his speed and his projectiles. Atlas is now actually a threat! Best of luck!
- Overseer: Not many changes here. Slight nerfs in damage.
- Added special water shaders for the Spirit Biome and Reach, as well as a new shader for the Spirit Biome
- Resprites for a few items and tiles, including Spirit Ore, Cryolite Ore, Boss Icons on screen, as well as some misc. yoyos
- Artifact Accessories now empower their respective weapons with special bonuses!
- A mod icon for the Mod Browser

- SO MANY DONATOR ITEMS: I tried to get to all the donator items from the past few months in here. However, I probably missed some- so if you don't see yours/ are unsure, *please* message me and let me know
Changes to the Donator Item policy:
- Increasing the price of donator items from 3 to 6 dollars
- No longer can people request upgradeable/lines of items
(This is to slow down the large amount of donator items, and give each donator item the special attention it deserves)

- Fixed multiple TYPOS, Bugs(Fiery Maw now can actually be picked up + many more), and broken items

There's so much more to cover, but in the essence of keeping it short, feel free to ask me any questions! Thank you again for the support :D
As the mod is very large, we have to wait for @jopojelly to allow the large mod onto the mod browser. This should hopefully happen later today/tomorrow
Awesome! I'm excited to start checking it out :dryadsmile:
EDIT: I just checked out my donator item and it is SO cool! I love it!

Last edited:
upload_2017-9-17_10-27-41.png
I think I've found a bug :dryadhappy:

Sorry I'm not familiar with Cheat Sheet (since I don't like cheating), How do I copy-paste stuff from a different world?
Basically, go to Paint tools, click Eye Dropper, select the area you want to copy paste (heck, you could even copy the whole world!)
It will save, go to whichever world you want and paste it! It will remove any tiles which are in the way

Im guessing Glyphs drop from certain Spirit bosses... and what's the droprate btw? Im guessing rare but not like Legendary Weapon Rare..

Im guessing Glyphs drop from certain Spirit bosses... and what's the droprate btw? Im guessing rare but not like Legendary Weapon Rare..
They're common, and drop from Spirit and Vanilla bosses. They won't drop after you defeat the next boss, though.

They're common, and drop from Spirit and Vanilla bosses. They won't drop after you defeat the next boss, though.
Alright cool. By next boss, im guessing you mean that bosses that come before your latest kill no longer drops them? For example, you can't get them from the King Slime or Scarabeus if the Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.

Alright cool. By next boss, im guessing you mean that bosses that come before your latest kill no longer drops them? For example, you can't get them from the King Slime or Scarabeus if the Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.
Here's the entire list:

Scarab before EoC
EoC before EoW
Vinewrath Before EoW
Queen Bee before Skeletron
Ancient Flier before Skeletron
Skeletron before Hardmode
Starplate before Hardmode
Wall of Flesh before Mechs
Infernon before Mechs
Plantera before Golem

Also, they are rarely found in Spirit or Reach chests, and have a 1/750 drop chance from any non-statue enemy.

Here's the entire list:

Scarab before EoC
EoC before EoW
Vinewrath Before EoW
Queen Bee before Skeletron
Ancient Flier before Skeletron
Skeletron before Hardmode
Starplate before Hardmode
Wall of Flesh before Mechs
Infernon before Mechs
Plantera before Golem

Also, they are rarely found in Spirit or Reach chests, and have a 1/750 drop chance from any non-statue enemy.
Ahh alright, makes sense... I'm just defeated Golem, I can still get them right?

Back
Top Bottom