Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a PC player. I've had this update for a long time now, so it's not like I'm missing out on anything.

I never liked the old console version, I thought it was silly to have a bunch of out of place content, and reskinned weapons and enemies. It seemed off.

Even though I have never appreciated the console version, I could at least respect the players. They love Terraria too, and they are still playing the same game as I am.

That's why I'm pretty annoyed too. Frequently, XBox players have yelled and flamed about the state of the console version, far more than PlayStation users. Now, I can see why. They've had an unlucky streak, with delay after delay. Even now, they are months behind even the PS4 release. I know everyone's working hard to get the XBox One version out, but surely even the staff at pipeworks can understand why XBox players feel the way they do. I don't condone the hate, but they are 100% justified in their complaining.

So thanks to the XBox players who have kept their cool in all this. You may have drawn the short stick, but you made the most out of it. <3

Sorry did you realise not all ps4 players have the same problem you are all ungratefull just complaining that what you have isnt good enough meanwhile xbox feels neglected rightnow
how to spot a guy who didn't read all the posts.
[doublepost=1516259581,1516259476][/doublepost]Now if you excuse me its time for me to hit the hay

They should just sell the game to a company that can properly support it. Three years is too long to wait for any update.

I’m on Xbox one but I don’t know why my game keeps freezing oh well though guess I’ll continue to wait it out
[doublepost=1516250608,1516250563][/doublepost]
And I’m not upset because I know the update is just right around the corner so technically there’s nothing to be upset about
Ps4 player here, i feel like a tester who's risking his hard work data.
I have started to back up my saves every session now just to prevent any more loss. Its not just crashes and corruption, during play we keep finding new bugs but also being frustrated by constant existing ones such as the invulnerable enemies. I guarantee none of the xbox players would be happy with this bugged version.
Weve been swearing alot. Im not an angry person normally, but with this atmosphere of helplesness, or pointlesness we encounter.. the unfairness of it all.
You cant really call this playing the game, its like how i started this post.. i feel like im testing the game rather than playing it right now. Hope that helps some people in here calm down their spaghetti.

but many people are having constant crashes, worlds and characters getting removed and more.

The only crash I've had is when dying with the startdust dragon during an event. I haven't lost any items, any worlds or characters.

It may be that I'm just lucky, but I have a feeling some of it is to do with legacy items and worlds.

People call 1.3 an update, but it isn't. It's a complete rewrite. The entire code base has changed and that new code base has to deal with a plethora of different saves people have. Converting data meant for one code base to another is fraught with danger. Its is near impossible to anticipate every eventuality that may occur with peoples worlds. Someone may have created a world that the old code base was fine with, but the new code base has to handle with workarounds. Workarounds rarely work as intended, and can have unexpected consequences.

Unexpected consequences means bugs.

what i find interesting is that alot of the crashing bugs seem to be with segmented things, SD dragon eater of worlds etc, maybe there's a typo somewhere in the code XD, i remember when i was remaking pacman for a school project greenfoot didnt recognize a typo and i spent hours looking for it -.-

Ps4 player here, i feel like a tester who's risking his hard work data.
I have started to back up my saves every session now just to prevent any more loss. Its not just crashes and corruption, during play we keep finding new bugs but also being frustrated by constant existing ones such as the invulnerable enemies. I guarantee none of the xbox players would be happy with this bugged version.
Weve been swearing alot. Im not an angry person normally, but with this atmosphere of helplesness, or pointlesness we encounter.. the unfairness of it all.
You cant really call this playing the game, its like how i started this post.. i feel like im testing the game rather than playing it right now. Hope that helps some people in here calm down their spaghetti.
I'm on ps4 and haven't had a crash or a bug so far been playing past month the only problem I have is not been able to see things clearly

1/12/18 Status Update

Happy Friday Terrarians!

The team is continuing to investigate and resolve bugs since our last post on January 5th.

We’ve got some great news when it comes to the crashes that the community has been reporting. We believe we’ve isolated and fixed several issues that were originally thought to be related to the crash on death or with the Stardust Dragon. It turns out that these bugs were related to segmented bosses or NPCs, which affected both Pre & Post 1.3 content. These issues were more prevalent in certain legacy worlds so we want to thank those that sent in their saves as it was tremendously valuable to the team.

We want to continue to ask players to send us a copy of their save data as it’s a great tool for helping us verify fixes. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

We also want to point out that we do receive the PS4 software error reports that pop-up for players after the game crashes. If this prompts for you after a crash please put as much detailed information as you can about the crash. These details can be extremely useful for helping our QA team narrow down some of the more elusive crashes.

We have a lead on the crash bug that is preventing us from resubmitting and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a fix in place and the update has been sent off to certification. In the meantime we thought we would share the news on the other fixes that would be making it in.

Thanks again,

The Terraria Team @ Pipeworks Studio

Additional PS4 Hotfixes (1/5/18)

Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
Really? That's your attitude about this? Do you remember when Terraria wasn't being actively updated for console and 1.3 wasn't even going to happen? Now that it's finally happening you are complaining that they're delaying the release so game-breaking bugs don't sour the experience? You sound so whiny. Terraria doesn't owe you anything.

Personally, I haven't had many problems with the PS4 version, but it does crash at least once a session. If Xbox folks can get a release with next to 0 crashes, that's worth a few extra weeks of development to me. Keep up the great work Pipeworks! Thanks for these updates!

Not even sure how you can say that and have anyone take you seriously. Just stop. Stop crying. It's not helping anyone. When it releases it'll release for Xbox. Seriously take a chill pill. Please.
I have had Terrarria since it first came out and I absolutely love the game but I have waited so long for the 1.3 update for the Xbox one version. I like the Xbox controls for it way more than PlayStation, but I just would like you to know that I know at least 15 of my friends that have been waiting like me. This bug fix thing is important and I understand but we just want to play the game.
[doublepost=1516272517,1516272409][/doublepost]I have had Terrarria since it first came out and I absolutely love the game but I have waited so long for the 1.3 update for the Xbox one version. I like the Xbox controls for it way more than PlayStation, but I just would like you to know that I know at least 15 of my friends that have been waiting like me. This bug fix thing is important and I understand but we just want to play the game.

If the update was submitted for certification, obviously we would be the first ones to know. It's strange really, since Terraria uses Direct3D, and Xbox is home to the direct interface. I mean I'm no coder, and this "Direct3d" probably means nothing when it comes to the world save issue. But rest assured, we're gonna hear something soon. Besides, when we get the update, it'll probably more stable than what PS4 has right now. Just a quick thought

Ok im gettin the :red: off this forum cant deal with idiots anymore
[doublepost=1516266577,1516266551][/doublepost]
How to spot a [redacted by staff]
If the only way you can respond to opinions different from your own is to call people names, then it is best for everyone that you leave.
To clarify for everyone: the profanity filter does not allow people to say anything they want without consequences - it simply permits people who don't wish to view certain words to have them blocked at their discretion. A personal attack is still just that, filtered or otherwise, and will not be tolerated.
In addition, spelling out vulgar/swear words as a way to bypass the profanity filter (with punctuation, *'s, spaces, or alternate spellings) is against our rules.

I'm glad that it will be out "soon"
But on a serious note every game recently has ignored the option of delaying and people are getting mad over the game not being finished but then people are getting mad that it's not out just do whatever YOU as the creator want (as long as it comes out at some point lol)

I'm going to feel very bad for Pipeworks, it seems like they haven't squashed one of that list. It's been several weeks and not much to go on for progress. Just lots of moderators enforcing forum rules. The future is looking bleak my Terrarians friends.

Hey xbox player here. And I go on YT and look up Terraria 1.3 console and playthroughs pop up and the people don't have any problems with 1.3.
Have you been playing solo or multiplayer, thats a relevant difference.
Solo doesnt have much bugs no, multiplayer is where you will quickly get a different opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom