Ask a Derpling anything.

Sorry about the Phanta... Scandrones.

tqz7bFu.png

Derpfish
What is the Lore behind the Derpfish?

(I completely forgot these existed, after getting that 200 angler quest achievement I rarely ever do quests again.)

Derpfish
What is the Lore behind the Derpfish?

(I completely forgot these existed, after getting that 200 angler quest achievement I rarely ever do quests again.)
It’s an evolutionary curiosity. It‘s a defenseless creature, so it mimics the strongest creatures in its environment in order to scare off any predators.

Why do assessors need to be weakened? Could they not simply hatch at the right strength?

It’s an evolutionary curiosity. It‘s a defenseless creature, so it mimics the strongest creatures in its environment in order to scare off any predators.
Derplings maybe be the strongest creatures in the Jungle, but they look the complete opposite of threatening. :dryadnaughty:

Can Derplings regrow lost limbs and/or heads? Otherwise the Derpling I made in that gif is in real trouble.

Why do assessors need to be weakened? Could they not simply hatch at the right strength?
It's considered a great honor to be able to gather data for the Inventors and Researchers, so while some are hatched at the right strength like other roles, others are converted in order to reward them for things such as exceptional service.
Can Derplings regrow lost limbs and/or heads? Otherwise the Derpling I made in that gif is in real trouble.
They can't, but they can just load their consciousness into a new body if need be.

How many colours/wavelengths can a Derpling's eye see? More or less than humans?
We can see any wavelength, from radio waves to gamma rays, and can choose to see or not see them at will (and no, X-rays do NOT let you see through objects, because X-rays aren't everywhere). Derpling eyes are actually incredibly advanced to the point that we don't really know everything they're capable of, which is probably why they're so embarrasingly big :D
How do I kill all derplings?
You don't, we've prepared for every scenario every race can possibly think of (except maybe @Companion Cube and the Core of Life, but neither of those are going after us any time soon).

Maybe a derpling's eyes are like a mantis shrimp's in which they are so sensitive they can see in a large radius. It isn't just a survival trait, it can make derplings some of the most dangerous snipers if they got ahold of some- *derpling pulls out sniper rifle and fires* Ganransu was removed from Forum by sniper bullet

Back
Top Bottom