Terraria: Labor of Love is Out Now!

yeah honestly I feel that it’s a lot more viable as a sword by itself now then before
They did a pretty good job improving all the Nights Edge ingredients honestly. Before they were all basic true melee weapons with the only one worth going after being the Light's Bane/Blood Butcherer. Even if some of them still aren't viable for use, they definitely are a lot more unique now

They did a pretty good job improving all the Nights Edge ingredients honestly. Before they were all basic true melee weapons with the only one worth going after being the Light's Bane/Blood Butcherer. Even if some of them still aren't viable for use, they definitely are a lot more unique now
Honestly these changes are making me go to a melee playthrough just because of how more viable it is to use swords pre hardmode and some hardmode

Hello, I've been playing the new update for awhile but during my time yesterday I got a crash message that would appear every time I tried to press 'Singleplayer' or 'Multiplayer' on the main menu (It started happening when I updated terraria to 1.4.4.2). I'm not entirely sure what this is caused by but if anyone has any info on this I would love the feedback.
1664548990766.png

Shimmer makes fishing quests SO much easier. I just got myself the phone, and I thought I had to do even more fishing quests to get the Sextant, but all I had to do was throw the tally counter into Shimmer Juice and it will change between items in a specific crafting recepe.

@Lythael

One word, bro.

Reforge.

Last edited:
Hello, I've been playing the new update for awhile but during my time yesterday I got a crash message that would appear every time I tried to press 'Singleplayer' or 'Multiplayer' on the main menu (It started happening when I updated terraria to 1.4.4.2). I'm not entirely sure what this is caused by but if anyone has any info on this I would love the feedback.
View attachment 384857
I’m sorry I don’t know what caused it, maybe a terraria file got damaged?

One word, bro.

Reforge.
And you assume i didn't?
It doesn't matter if its reforged or not its super sluggish compared to before the update.

The speed change is signifficant and very noticable unless to someone who never actually used Fiery Greatsword before the Labor of Love update...
Which sounds like it's the case with some people.

Last edited:
And it's not balanced for pre-skeletron. The rarities go white-blue-green-orange. Muramasa is green tier, while volcano is orange tier. Volcano is balanced for endgame pre-hardmode, not at the same tier as muramasa
It's usable pre skeletron though, so it's not comparable to Night's Edge. Rarity doesn't matter nearly as much as when it can be used.

It's usable pre skeletron though, so it's not comparable to Night's Edge. Rarity doesn't matter nearly as much as when it can be used.

I'm just going to quote leinfors' here, from the dst equipment thread.

In Terraria's pre-HM, most Molten/Underworld-tier items are "top tier". Though not 100%, they are consistently among the best items available, and almost always out-perform items of the "Dungeon/Jungle/Queen Bee" tier, the same tier at which Deerclops ostensibly falls. This, any comparison in which Deerclops items fall short of Molten tier items is, if anything, intended. The PRIMARY item which I balanced Lucy against was not Fiery Greatsword, but Muramasa (attempting for each to have some advantages over the other), with the understanding that Fiery Greatsword would typically be better than both.

I'm just going to quote leinfors' here, from the dst equipment thread.
Yes, but it's like saying True Excalibur is worse than Terrablade. It's true, but it is also used to make Terrablade and can be obtained a boss earlier.
EDIT: Also, the Volcano doesn't attack where your mouse is, but instead where you're going, which can be annoying.

Last edited:
Not that I'd have expected anything less, but after a few days of messing with things in the new update, I love it! All of it, I love it all, and I don't expect that to change as find more new stuff. I was hesitant about some of the changes made to melee weapons, mainly True Excalibur, but they quickly grew on me and I love it now. Did I mention I love it?

But more importantly, I just wanted to personally thank you all at Re-Logic for everything you all have done. Dev teams, community teams, volunteers - everyone! You all made one of our most beloved games of all time, and stayed faithful to it and your community for years and years. Every item, boss, creature, and npc; every pixel was cared about and purposefully made to make the game as enjoyable and fun as possible. Terraria is for the great warriors, the visionary builders, and the woefully mundane at everything like myself, and that was not an easy task. Thank you all so much for everything, and I can't wait to see what comes next for Terraria, and Re-Logic as a whole! :dryadgrin: <3

Back
Top Bottom