Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
May i suggest they make this an open beta? I have taken part of several open beta games and they often come out with tons less glitches than closed beta games and the developers usually are able to focus on the game more and looking for glitches less.
They've already decided that there won't be any early access.

Will T:OW have a home here on the forums (maybe with its own board)?

Terraria: Otherworld will eventually have its own core site and standalone community. To do otherwise would be FAR too confusing and chaotic....and would not give the game its full due.

For now, the TCF-based section linked in the OP is the place to go.

Hmm it looks alright, like it says in the beginning of course though it's still a wip.
So gonna wait for more stuff, atm though not really hyped up like other people.
Still, great job on making this so far.

6 words:
giphy.gif

This is looking pretty cool! Hope that the team is thinking seriously about official modding support on the get-go.

EDIT: I have to admit, the stylish new look of Terraria: Other World makes me wonder. Not only does it look similar to Starbound graphics, but it still has Terraria feel to it. There are wings, there are Bows, arrows. You can clearly see that this game was built ground up from Terraria's style. So before anyone says, that this is a Starbound ripoff, I would highly suggest watching closely to this video.

Now biggest thing is, whatever engine they are using this time, is no longer XNA. I am confident it is not based on the mechanics I just saw. It is much smoother and uses a completely different graphics engine as well.

I hope that if Beta-Testers come into this selection for this testing, they take this as serious as those that are doing Terraria updates and future updates. We can't let a brand new Terraria game come out badly like most top-notch developers have done those mistakes!

Keep up the good work, and god speed!

May i suggest they make this an open beta? I have taken part of several open beta games and they often come out with tons less glitches than closed beta games and the developers usually are able to focus on the game more and looking for glitches less.

Let's not, reason being, too many indie game developers release "early access". You would be hitting the consumers with much more appreciation if the game was fully finished or hits "initial release" first before anything.

Knowing that we have Beta Testers, it would probably be the same for this game that the team will ask for applicants that want to participate in the beta testing of the game before final release. Though, that is all dependent on the developers and the marketing team.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see what both Re-logic and Engine can produce in unison now. Looks promising so far!

As I could tell, Re-logic seems to be trying to implement things that may have never worked in the original game, and are putting in systems that are very neat and game shaping, but would also never make the cut originally for sake of content already in the game.

This is very interesting to see the art styles of Crowno, Lazure, and Jim blended together now. This makes it have such a unique style now, I love it!

My main concerns though are as follows:

1: Will this game become more difficult to run? And of so, how much I wonder?

2: I would love to see this come to Xbox One and PS4, but since it's a "maybe" I would hate to see people who played the old Terraria get left in the dark.

Last edited:
Things that I've noticed:
1. You seem to start with 50 MP as well as 50 HP.
2. Health doesn't seem to regenerate naturally.
3. I wonder what's up with that machine that seems to generate a forcefield of some kind? The effect kinda reminds me of the Chalice and Crystals from
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. I wonder if it keeps the evil out?
4. Those appear to be hybrids between Eater's of Souls and Devourers.
5. The Corruption on the logo seems to have some reddish and living elements to it, maybe The "Corruption" in Otherworld is actually The Corruption and The Crimson combined?

Last edited:
Looks like it was an opportunity to explore a different, more RPG and goal oriented path . . . leaving Terraria 2 to be an experience less differing from the norm. This is a pretty big demand for a lot of players, and this leaves open the opportunity to take both options.
So basically it's like the legend zelda timeline.

Also why are mods deleting content out of posts yet not deleting the post? Is there something weird in your guidelines?

Meh, art style strikes me as too 'modern' so to speak.... Would much prefer a more simple Terraria-esque art style. It also looks very similar to Starbound.... and I disliked that artstyle.

Also there is no way that this on release will have even 1/4 as much content as Terraria does.

Well I feel apprehensive about this. Of course we got like no information so my only thing is art style and my worry that it most likely wont be as good as Terraria (which is a really amazing game in a genre I do not give a damn about)

Well I'll patiently wait for more information to actually decide weather to buy or not, well I will most likely buy it anyway because I want to give Re-Logic more money for the first Terraria....
in regards to the statement about not even having 1/4 the content: what's to say they won't attempt to clone a majority of Terraria's content?
Dear social life...
I am sorry to inform you that once Terraria: Otherworld is released, we must part ways. We shared great times together, times I will always cherish. One day, I hope you can forgive me and move past the pain I have caused you having notified you of this.​
you mean you were not going to get all of your friends playing it? How cruel can you get?!
screenshot_3-66b49d550e24c8c8d743d93f44c84edf.jpg

It looks great, I'm really excited for this!
where did you get that screenshot?! Explain! I want in!
If it's a different approach, I hope that it differs from the original. I dont want to see the original Terraria obsolete compared to this. I dont want to feel bad when playing Terraria after playing Otherworld.
That's why I hope this game will be different. Terraria still have a lot to give (like 2 years), and the updates since 1.2 always keep it fresh. If this game is Terraria + new gimmicks and shinies - content, almost every player will move, leaving the original obsolete and outdated.
Typically, players who don't like a structured spinoff of a sandbox game will stick with the sandbox game.
So will the characters in OtherWorlds actually know how to swing a sword correctly or will they also adopt the derpy over-the-head circle swing?
one can only hope. It looks like a character is at least carrying something underhanded, so maybe they will find a different way to animate sword/weapon swinging, and maybe a few other things too.
I agree.
Completely.
I mean, it should have a unique art style, not one similar to another game.
sure, let's just ban every art style that looks remotely like another art style. I'm sure that will produce a lot of great games!
(Man I wish I could see infinity's face when he reads this)
wait is this in terraria?
I think they said so in the first 3 pages of this thread. I would have to double check to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom