Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if so, when I said Redigit isn't the only one who works on Terraria, I meant the other members/associates of Relogic who could be tasked to Terraria or Terraria 2 who are instead putting effort into this thing. Whoever is working on this, they are talent that Terraria is missing out on.

Terraria is reaching fundamental limitations of its base code. There will come a time when great things simply cannot be done with the game. Why force the team, and the millions of fans, to be stuck behind this limitation? Terraria 1 has received years of support, but it can't be the primary focus of Relogic forever . . . to expect otherwise is completely unrealistic.

Meanwhile, Terraria 2 is NOT under development yet, so there is no talent being "taken" from T2. Rudi even said that the team working on this is distinct from the T1 team, and since T2 isn't ready yet, and at a certain point the team needs to move on and expand, there is no reason to throw a whole new team at the old game.

So I assure you, your concerns are unfounded.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
please tell me this time were gona have tons of lore about the corruption because im crying a little right now
youre all beautiful people

Cenxx or another moderator said this will not affect Terraria 1.3, and Redigit said he wouldn't immediately start Terraria 2, but work on other projects.

screenshot_3-66b49d550e24c8c8d743d93f44c84edf.jpg

It looks great, I'm really excited for this!
The new art style makes the blocks look as if they were placed on a grid, unlike how dirt and stone seemed to smoothly flow together in Terraria.

The new art style makes the blocks look as if they were placed on a grid, unlike how dirt and stone seemed to smoothly flow together in Terraria.

1. that's how terraria works, it's a grid system with blocks.
2. the smooth flow from one block to another was a major improvement they did...a few months after launch... don't remember the patch number
3. Don't expect so much from Pre-pre-pre-alpha

This will settle my what if the whole terraria world was taken over by corruption, are there quests in it like you get from the angler only different

Meh, idc for any of the gear they showed :l hope it has a cosmetic system like the old terraria at least

Two words: pre-alpha

:) Stuff is going to be rough during the rough draft stage.

Consider this image from a post release build of Terraria:
make-all-new-potions-terraria-1-0-5.1280x600.jpg

Looks a good bit more blocky than it does now, doesn't it?
(I didn't expect a reply that fast! :p) Yea, I don't want to be one to have certain expectations for a pre-alpha.

I think the pre-alpha status should be considered a LOT when thinking about this update. All the evidence we have points to this game being far from completion, so minor and immediate concerns about what is seen in the teaser should be considered with a whole dump truck of salt.

The other concerns seem to be relegated to "its like Starbound" and "what about Terraria Prime" . . . which really shouldn't be concerns at all.

T:OW got a graphical upgrade . . . Starbound always had a bit of an edge graphically on T1. It doesn't look "like" Starbound, it just is now on more equal footing. Other things like environmental effects are just a natural progression of making the game more advanced. Also, inb4 "the trees fell down", because falling trees is something Starbound invented for sure. :p

As for T1, its already been said it isn't having an impact on its development now, or its development lifespan, so you either have to take their word for it, or simply refuse to believe what they say, and at that point, not much can be done to appease someone who has already rejected the developer's honesty.

Here's hoping I can run the damn game, as it's graphics look closer to Starbound, which I lag so badly on that the game is unplayable.

That and I hope there are options to lower the graphics anyway, my age old scrap pile has a hard time doing anything anymore.

I hope they make some official announcement when the time comes around for how to apply for beta testing (if that option will exist).
I would love to use my analytical abilities on this game. It looks really interesting.

Oh, so this game I have no interest in is what is taking all the time away from the Terraria 1.3 update.
Maybe IT should be put on the back burner until you're done.

Oh, so this game I have no interest in is what is taking all the time away from the Terraria 1.3 update.
Maybe IT should be put on the back burner until you're done.
@Leinfors just said that it is NOT slowing down the development of Terraria 1.3...
I think the pre-alpha status should be considered a LOT when thinking about this update. All the evidence we have points to this game being far from completion, so minor and immediate concerns about what is seen in the teaser should be considered with a whole dump truck of salt.

The other concerns seem to be relegated to "its like Starbound" and "what about Terraria Prime" . . . which really shouldn't be concerns at all.

T:OW got a graphical upgrade . . . Starbound always had a bit of an edge graphically on T1. It doesn't look "like" Starbound, it just is now on more equal footing. Other things like environmental effects are just a natural progression of making the game more advanced. Also, inb4 "the trees fell down", because falling trees is something Starbound invented for sure. :p

As for T1, its already been said it isn't having an impact on its development now, or its development lifespan, so you either have to take their word for it, or simply refuse to believe what they say, and at that point, not much can be done to appease someone who has already rejected the developer's honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom