tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
xPRnDYw.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1431180439,1431180200][/DOUBLEPOST]
You missed, "placementConditions": "flatGround", for the tile. See if that works.

Come on I'll strip off my project and you write a script for workbench = (? I have already can`t = ((

Hey, the Builder doesn't work. What do I need to do?
[DOUBLEPOST=1431194149,1431194035][/DOUBLEPOST]Does anyone has an example mod with more different items? Without particles.

I had a post, I think more than 10 pages back that no one replied to, so I'm going to repost:

Alright, now Tapi isn't working again, no crashlog that I can find, will keep looking. Happened after I reloaded mods with Shockah's Mods enabled (no Item Suffixes related things though, Thorium Mod+ doesn't support that anyway, and AccSlots+ I kept disabled because Grealm doesn't support it)
EDIT: Yes, I have looked in Terraria/tAPI/Logs

The base mod is the problem, that I figured out after some testing, but... help please? I've tried re-installing EVERYTHING.

I had a post, I think more than 10 pages back that no one replied to, so I'm going to repost:

Alright, now Tapi isn't working again, no crashlog that I can find, will keep looking. Happened after I reloaded mods with Shockah's Mods enabled (no Item Suffixes related things though, Thorium Mod+ doesn't support that anyway, and AccSlots+ I kept disabled because Grealm doesn't support it)
EDIT: Yes, I have looked in Terraria/tAPI/Logs

The base mod is the problem, that I figured out after some testing, but... help please? I've tried re-installing EVERYTHING.
In your tApi folder, can you provide a screenshot of the mods folder? Don't go any deeper than that

My tAPI Builder doesn't open before updating it to the r15 version :/ Help...
Check your Terraria folder in your Steamapps and see if there is a "tAPI.exe". If there isn't but there is a "Terraria.exe", rename "Terraria.exe" to "tAPI.exe".

FanWOsT.jpg

RwO90CU.jpg
w7DNUdi.jpg

V16CBdO.jpg

7xpjJfj.jpg

iOdJ7KH.jpg

FvTEchP.jpg

HOW IT'S MAKE!!!!!!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!
You needs to place your Tiles folder outside your Items folder, and you don't need a second Items folder inside your Items folder.
So, in the base folder, you'll have ModInfo.json, an Items folder, and a Tiles folder. Inside your Items folder, you'll have only .json and .png files for your items. Inside your Tiles folder, you'll have only .json and .png files for your tiles. Try downloading the template mod to help you understand.

How do I make my ammo/projectile act like a bullet when it is in my inventory? I want a musket, handgun, etc. to shoot it. I followed Will Huxtable's tutorial for ammo and projectiles. Here is my .json file for the ammo:

{
"displayName": "Reinforced Musket Ball",
"size": [12, 12],
"maxStack": 999,
"value": [0, 0, 4, 0],
"rare": 1,
"tooltip": "Reinforced with iron",
"damage": 8,
"shoot": "Mod:ReinforcedMusketBallProj",
"ammo": "ReinforcedMusketBall",
"ranged": true,
"consumable": true,
"shootSpeed": 10,

"recipes":
[{
"items": {"Musket Ball": 30, "g:Tier2Bar": 1},
"tiles": ["Anvil"],
"creates": 30
}]
}

And here is the .json file for the projectile:

{
"aiStyle": 0,
"timeLeft": 3600,
"friendly": true,
"hostile": false,
"tileCollide": true,
"ranged": true

}

How do I make my ammo/projectile act like a bullet when it is in my inventory? I want a musket, handgun, etc. to shoot it. I followed Will Huxtable's tutorial for ammo and projectiles. Here is my .json file for the ammo:

{
"maxStack": 999,
"value": [0, 0, 4, 0],
"rare": 1,
"tooltip": "Reinforced with iron",
"shoot": "Mod:ReinforcedMusketBallProj",
"ammo": "ReinforcedMusketBall",
"ranged": true,
"consumable": true,
"shootSpeed": 10,

"recipes":
[{
"items": {"Musket Ball": 30, "g:Tier2Bar": 1},
"tiles": ["Anvil"],
"creates": 30
}]
}

And here is the .json file for the projectile:

{
"timeLeft": 3600,
"ranged": true

}
The "ammo" property for the item specifies what kind of ammo it is. Currently you have it set so that only guns that use "ReinforcedMusketBall" as ammo can shoot it. What you want to do is set "ammo": 14 so that guns that use bullets as ammo can shoot it.

How do I get my magic weapon to fire my custom projectile? I have "shoot": "Mod:FireBallProj", as the projectile line in my magic weapon's .json file.
This is what my projectile .json looks like:

{
"displayName": "Fireball",
"size": [14, 24],
"timeLeft": 1200,
"damage": 14,
"magic": true,
"penetrate": 5,
"maxUpdates": 2
}

Made a gun that shoots Inferno. But it shoots from player hand. How to make it shoot from the barrel?
Also, how to make a Spider mob? It has 2 files of animation in vanilla game.
And is there an individual AI for Spider_walking_on_wall? Because I want my Spider only walk on walls.

Last edited:
Hey, the Builder doesn't work. What do I need to do?
[DOUBLEPOST=1431194149,1431194035][/DOUBLEPOST]Does anyone has an example mod with more different items? Without particles.
Go to Terraria's game folder, duplicate Terraria.exe and rename it to tAPI.exe.

There's a link to the example mod in the original post of this thread.

Go to Terraria's game folder, duplicate Terraria.exe and rename it to tAPI.exe.

There's a link to the example mod in the original post of this thread.
Thanks, but whitch one of those it the .exe one? The green or purple one? There is nothing behind them.

I tried that mod already but it has too much extra stuff, I don't want particles at all.. And just basic weapons to copypaste. Something like a simple gun and wand, a thrown projectile, some blocks and a little text file with some extra things that tells me what can I add. Why did I even write this? I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom