tAPI NeoMods

But when you play in tAPI. Solar eclipses are rare(r)
Really? I never knew that. I guess it makes sense considering I've only had two so far. Anyway, I still think its kind of op to be able to get infinite Broken Hero Swords. How about we end this argument with an item thats made with, like, 5 Broken Hero Swords? Then that item can spawn Solar Eclipses with 200 mana. In other words, you'd make a good lawyer Mr. Zen. :p

Actually, While I am playing on tApi, I get solar eclipses on solar eclipses(kinda). I only got one natural Pirate invasion so far tho.

I updated the 'Images' section of Neo Draw.

Here is a copy of the updated info...
When a selection is copied, all current tile information is stored.
When Pasting, the currently selected TAB determines what is drawn
  • Tiles Tab: Only tiles are drawn
  • Wall Tab: Only walls are drawn
  • Structures Tab: Both tiles and walls are drawn
  • Other Tab: Mech is drawn while Mech is selected
9nqynxL.gif
Flood Fill is limited to changing 2,500 tiles at the most.
It is also limited to changing only tiles currently on screen. (This limitation can be bypassed by holding down the ALT key)
m9EtHwE.gif
Additional selections can be made by holding down the SHIFT key.
Selections can be removed by holding down the ALT key.
qehvbcj.gif
fOK2N1n.gif
The Eyedropper Tool can be selected by using the button at the top right corner.
It can also be used with the Paint Brush selected by holding down the SHIFT key.
JcS2HI0.gif
Brush Size determines the width of the line.
A new line can be started when placing the end point by holding down the ALT key.
A variation of the Line algorithm is used when drawing wires to ensure the wire is completely connected.
xkHoYlu.gif
TKoCABn.gif
The Day/Night button has 3 modes.
  • Set time to Midday
  • Set time to Midnight
  • Return to actual time
5ixvSI5.gif
3Jot3e2.png
alGGu3D.gif

zcZ3saz.gif

SJHLdPv.gif

QXo0QL7.gif

Actually, While I am playing on tApi, I get solar eclipses on solar eclipses(kinda). I only got one natural Pirate invasion so far tho.
Well, sir/ma'am, you are the luckiest person on Earth lol. Because so far I've only gotten a couple of solar eclipses, and I've beaten all vanilla bosses and the Ultima Weapon from Omnirs Nostalgia Pack. So, in other words, I should've at least got a few more

I think I've thought of a way to have a rain-control item that's a little more unique.

New Tile/crafting station: Weather machine
Some fancy-looking, tech gadget with spinning things on it.
Right-click it to change from raining/not raining, and it also let's you craft cloud and raincloud blocks from snow.
Does this sound like an interesting concept?

I think I've thought of a way to have a rain-control item that's a little more unique.

Right-click it to change from raining/not raining, and it also let's you craft cloud and raincloud blocks from snow.
Absolutely it does! I'll see what I can come up with!

It seems can't load FCM extension even if i have shockah's base, FCM base, Neo recipe books and others mods. The game just stop to function.

It seems can't load FCM extension even if i have shockah's base, FCM base, Neo recipe books and others mods. The game just stop to function.
A couple of people have reported this issue in the past but I haven't been able to determine the cause because I can't reproduce the error. I created the Standalone Version of Neo Recipe Book as a workaround for this error though. Please try removing Neo Recipe Book FCM Extension, and instead use Neo Recipe Book Standalone Version. I'm sorry it didn't work for you, and I hope this adequately resolves the situation.

Neo, you should take the Shockah mods, and update, improve, and bugfix them. And possibly add compatibility with multiplayer for them?

Cool, I'm glad you like the idea. By the way, I think I may have figured out why I was getting such a bad frame rate when it rained. I think it may have something to do with the "wet" debuff, because turning it off fixed the problem instantly.

Also, another thing that I think would be a REALLY good idea would be an NPC that specializes in items that you can only obtain from finding them in chests. It can be absolutely infuriating trying to find things like the lava charm for example, and I just recently had to search three worlds to get a blasted aglet. It would be great to have a "backup" way to get things like these, since they're required for so many other accessories. Or even adding them as a rare drop from some enemy would help.

Neo I had another good idea! If you combine a Dart Trap, a Pressure Plate, and an Iron/Lead Door, you could make a Trapped Door. A trapped door opens for players, but when a zombie hits the door, the door automatically shoots out a dart. You could make a Hard Mode version of this with Super Dart Traps, or Spike Ball Traps, or any other trap!

Here's what I have tentatively...
3fDPK0k.gif

Neo, you should take the Shockah mods, and update, improve, and bugfix them. And possibly add compatibility with multiplayer for them?
Shockah's mods are amazing, and make use of programming techniques I'm still just learning. Some of Shockah's mods have updates available from his GitHub page that supposedly resolve a number of issues. (I still use the ones available for download from his thread.) The majority of what I've learned about coding for tAPI has come from Shockah's mods.
Cool, I'm glad you like the idea. By the way, I think I may have figured out why I was getting such a bad frame rate when it rained. I think it may have something to do with the "wet" debuff, because turning it off fixed the problem instantly.
Do you happen to recall how many NPCs were on screen at the time? The mod does check each rain drop projectile (of which there are many) to see if it intersects up to 200 active NPCs, and the player. I figured there had to be some point I had to stop checking NPCs or a slow down would occur. But I code more than I play lately so haven't had much chance to test it out. Maybe I'll cap it off at checking at most 15 active NPCs per update.
Also, another thing that I think would be a REALLY good idea would be an NPC that specializes in items that you can only obtain from finding them in chests. It can be absolutely infuriating trying to find things like the lava charm for example, and I just recently had to search three worlds to get a blasted aglet. It would be great to have a "backup" way to get things like these, since they're required for so many other accessories. Or even adding them as a rare drop from some enemy would help.
I started working on a mod idea that added more crafting recipes for uncraftable items awhile ago. I might see if any of those chest items could find their way into that mod. The others I might add to the Traveling Merchant's possible item pool. The stuff he offers doesn't really given me much of a reason to head back to town to see what he has.
Neo I had another good idea! If you combine a Dart Trap, a Pressure Plate, and an Iron/Lead Door, you could make a Trapped Door. A trapped door opens for players, but when a zombie hits the door, the door automatically shoots out a dart. You could make a Hard Mode version of this with Super Dart Traps, or Spike Ball Traps, or any other trap!
Interesting, I like the premise, but I'm stuck at figuring out the code in my head. I'm not sure how I would know which direction to fire the dart in. As in, how do I tell which side of the door the pressure plate is on. When a wired device receives a signal, I don't think I can back trace that signal to get an X coordinate of the pressure plate. I'll keep thinking on it though.

I think I was at my base, which has about five people at the moment. The issue probably isn't helped by the fact that my computer isn't the most cutting edge thing around, it may be my PC just can't handle this feature.

Also, that weather machine looks pretty cool! It could maybe use a little more color, maybe instead of the blue light on the main tank, have a big pressure gauge with white-yellow-red sections, and scale down the blue light and put it on the chimney? It could even be a slightly bigger tile if we need room for more doodads, I tend to picture weather control devices as a more Victorian era Rube Goldberg style device. Come to think of it, I should look online and try to find some images of the Puff-Puff Machine from Paper Mario, that might be good for some ideas.
Besides, Paper Mario is awesome :)

I don't know if I like the sprite of the rainmaker... Looks more like an advanced steam engine.

I don't think an air vent (look botton right of the machine) is necessary too.

Edit : Well my idea may be next up.

Last edited:
Interesting, I like the premise, but I'm stuck at figuring out the code in my head. I'm not sure how I would know which direction to fire the dart in. As in, how do I tell which side of the door the pressure plate is on. When a wired device receives a signal, I don't think I can back trace that signal to get an X coordinate of the pressure plate. I'll keep thinking on it though.
Yeah, I thought coding would be a problem. It seems pretty advanced. Hmm... I'll think of something else for you, hopefully something much easier :p

How about a Slow Motion tool? Whenever you use it, it slows down time around you, but uses 100 mana or something. After 5 or 10 seconds, the time turns normal. Also, you won't have mana regen during the Slow Motion.

Back
Top Bottom