tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but whitch one of those it the .exe one? The green or purple one? There is nothing behind them.

I tried that mod already but it has too much extra stuff, I don't want particles at all.. And just basic weapons to copypaste. Something like a simple gun and wand, a thrown projectile, some blocks and a little text file with some extra things that tells me what can I add. Why did I even write this? I'm not sure.
It's the file named Terraria.exe. It is only possible for one file called Terraria.exe to exist.

If you just want simple stuff, then that is exactly what the template mod has. From what I've seen, the template mod is basically copy/paste stuff (including the weapons). You can't really get much simpler than that without ending up with a bunch of useless items :/

If any of the projectiles look complicated, then the .cs files can just be ignored.

Last edited:
My magic weapon won't shoot out my custom projectile, it just uses up mana when I shoot. Here is my magic weapon and projectile .json files:

FlameWand.json:

{
"displayName": "Flame Wand",
"size": [28, 28],
"maxStack": 1,
"value": [0, 2, 50, 0],
"rare": 2,
"tooltip": "A tough willow branch doused in magic fire",
"useStyle": 5,
"useAnimation": 22,
"useTime": 22,
"damage": 14,
"knockback": 2,
"useSound": 20,
"autoReuse": true,
"magic": true,
"noMelee": true,
"shoot": "Mod:FireBallProj",
"shootSpeed": 13,
"mana": 5,

"recipes":
[{
"items": {"WillowWand": 1, "Torch": 6, "Mana Crystal": 1},
"tiles": ["Anvil"],
"creates": 1
}]
}

FireBallProj.json:

{
"displayName": "Fireball",
"size": [14, 24],
"aiStyle": 0,
"timeLeft": 1200,
"friendly": true,
"hostile": false,
"tileCollide": true,
}

I have a bug with the tapi server, whenever i launch it, it crashes
Tapi server crash.PNG

Can anyone help me with this?

It's the file named Terraria.exe. It is only possible for one file called Terraria.exe to exist.

If you just want simple stuff, then that is exactly what the template mod has. From what I've seen, the template mod is basically copy/paste stuff (including the weapons). You can't really get much simpler than that without ending up with a bunch of useless items :/

If any of the projectiles look complicated, then the .cs files can just be ignored.
Ok, thanks

The up and down buttons in the world select do nothing, same for the character select. I'm restricted to four of each, is that normal?
I think that happens because you haven't filled the first page yet, I have only three characters and two worlds so I'm not sure if that is true or not.

My magic weapon won't shoot out my custom projectile, it just uses up mana when I shoot. Here is my magic weapon and projectile .json files:

FlameWand.json:

{
"displayName": "Flame Wand",
"size": [28, 28],
"maxStack": 1,
"value": [0, 2, 50, 0],
"rare": 2,
"tooltip": "A tough willow branch doused in magic fire",
"useStyle": 5,
"useAnimation": 22,
"useTime": 22,
"knockback": 2,
"useSound": 20,
"autoReuse": true,
"noMelee": true,
"shoot": "Mod:FireBallProj",
"shootSpeed": 13,
"mana": 5,

"recipes":
[{
"items": {"WillowWand": 1, "Torch": 6, "Mana Crystal": 1},
"tiles": ["Anvil"],
"creates": 1
}]
}

FireBallProj.json:

{
"displayName": "Fireball",
"size": [14, 24],
"aiStyle": 0,
"timeLeft": 1200,
"friendly": true,
"hostile": false,
"tileCollide": true,
}
Is your mods internal name 'Mod'? If it isn't then you will need to replace 'Mod' with your mods internal name in this line: "shoot": "Mod:FireBallProj"

Made a gun that shoots Inferno. But it shoots from player hand. How to make it shoot from the barrel?
Also, how to make a Spider mob? It has 2 files of animation in vanilla game.
And is there an individual AI for Spider_walking_on_wall? Because I want my Spider only walk on walls.
Please.

When i import a vanilla world and character, all my items and chest contents are reset to quantity 1.
i.e. i only have one of everything i used to

Setting in what? Where can I find that?
On the top of your Windows Explorer window (the window you're using to view inside the Terraria folder), there is a tab called "View". Click on "View" and then look to the right, there you should see checkboxes. Check the box that has "File name extensions". Now you are able to see file name extensions, so we go to what was originally just "Terraria" which turned to "Terraria.exe". Copy & Paste a duplicate just as @bluemagic123 said. Then you rename one of those files to "tAPI.exe". Now you have access to the builder.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you don't really need to know the extension, just know that the file that says "Terraria" is "Terraria.exe" and then change "Terraria" to "tAPI".

On the top of your Windows Explorer window (the window you're using to view inside the Terraria folder), there is a tab called "View". Click on "View" and then look to the right, there you should see checkboxes. Check the box that has "File name extensions". Now you are able to see file name extensions, so we go to what was originally just "Terraria" which turned to "Terraria.exe". Copy & Paste a duplicate just as @bluemagic123 said. Then you rename one of those files to "tAPI.exe". Now you have access to the builder.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you don't really need to know the extension, just know that the file that says "Terraria" is "Terraria.exe" and then change "Terraria" to "tAPI".
The purple one? Or the green one that has .bak after it? I'll try the purple one.

Is your mods internal name 'Mod'? If it isn't then you will need to replace 'Mod' with your mods internal name in this line: "shoot": "Mod:FireBallProj"
Yes, that's my mod's internal name. I think there's something wrong with the texture because my wand shoots but nothing comes out of it.

Normally I can figure most things out, but this one I have no idea what's going on...

So far, I have been only testing my mod by myself, using the round about way of loading two tAPI.exes at once, making a dedicated server, and then having them both connect to the same server. It may be the cause of it but I'm not so certain. I've tried to connect to other people with my mod active but it never seems to connect...

Attachments

• Server Problems....PNG
    Server Problems....PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom