(SPOILERS) Final Boss seems impossible now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt obligated to make this in 5 minutes in photoshop. All in good fun of course.

V43VM4D.png

I agree that he is not impossible. Although I have used the nurse in previous fights, before 1.3.0.4, I fought him without going to the nurse... and survived.

I have a history concerning SpookyMoon so I will be using the spike-trick to faceroll the event with Vampire Knives.

The only problem I have with Moon Lord is how long it takes to refight him again. It will take a normal player several attempts to learn the boss (as you can die very fast) so it's just too punishing to have to go through the cultist and pillars again for a loss. Maybe for if you want more Moon Lord drops you have to do it again, but not for a loss.. it's too punishing.

Also, try chlorophyte bullets, razorblade typhoon, or something else that homes.

jwlHW5C.gif

I think there shouldn't be a Moon Bite debuff and they should just fix the lifesteal system. The fact that the only two items that cause it are negated in this battle kind of shows the devs find lifesteal too powerful as well.
Unrelated to the topic at hand, but what version was this in and what weapon was being used? Any ideas?
The healing amount seems like it was before the Spectre nerf.

I beat Moon Lord the first time before I even knew about the lame nurse gimmick. Over-prepare with potions and other buffs, dodge his laser beam of death by noticing it coming and flying a half circle around his middle eye, and then keep your distance and dodge in the last phase. Its certainly a good challenge, but once you understand how to avoid most of the most damaging attacks its quite manageable to accomplish without cheesy tactics.

I'm just gonna wait until we come up with a way of actually killing it.
I'm salty over the Moon Lord as well. Very salty. But I realized something; I do remember being salty over Duke Fishron too, and also have seen people being salty over the Wall of Flesh when it first came out.

Now we know how to kill these bosses.

I think, eventually, we'll master Moon Lord-fu as well. It might take a while, though.

/theory

Unrelated to the topic at hand, but what version was this in and what weapon was being used? Any ideas?
The healing amount seems like it was before the Spectre nerf.
This was the latest version before 1.3. 1.2.4.1 I think? It was after the nerf, and I was using the Bubble Gun.

I'm just gonna wait until we come up with a way of actually killing it.
I'm salty over the Moon Lord as well. Very salty. But I realized something; I do remember being salty over Duke Fishron too, and also have seen people being salty over the Wall of Flesh when it first came out.

Now we know how to kill these bosses.

I think, eventually, we'll master Moon Lord-fu as well. It might take a while, though.

/theory

It really comes down to maneuverability. Your biggest advantage over Moon Lord isn't firepower or tankiness, but how much more agile you are than him. He moves roughly 45-something MPH at his top speed. As long as you're moving faster than that and not lingering between his hands, you've got it made.

It really comes down to maneuverability. Your biggest advantage over Moon Lord isn't firepower or tankiness, but how much more agile you are than him. He moves roughly 45-something MPH at his top speed. As long as you're moving faster than that and not lingering between his hands, you've got it made.
I don't think I've been able to outrun (Or rather, outfly) him on my UFO, though.

I don't think I've been able to outrun (Or rather, outfly) him on my UFO, though.
UFO goes 41 MPH, I believe, so you're 6 MPH too slow. If you have Fishron Wings, Jetpack, Hoverboard (This one is less effective due to lack of vertical movement), or grav potions, you should be able to do it.

EDIT: 4 MPH too slow. I can't maths, sorry.

That's probably because you haven't discovered the UFO's speed 'quirks'. It moves faster diagonal than moving in a cardinal direction so you want to move in diagonal zig-zags to maintain top speed.

That's probably because you haven't discovered the UFO's speed 'quirks'. It moves faster diagonal than moving in a cardinal direction so you want to move in diagonal zig-zags to maintain top speed.
I thought that 41 WAS while going diagonal. Clearly I was mistaken.

It's more likely that I'm fudging up numbers. I'm going completely by memory of when I was near my friend's Cell Phone. :p

Lightning Boots + Asphalt also gets you moving fast enough to outrun him, as do minecart tracks.

The UFO moves at 58 mph diagonally, if the wiki is to be believed.
I might just be slowing myself down by going up too much.

sigh.... the moon lord doesnt worry me

its the fact that one of the pillars (Mainly the pink one) might spawn on my castle.... bloody cheap :red: face suckers and brain things spamming teleport.

Would a swiftness potion buff the UFO speed? and speedy accessories?

This was the latest version before 1.3. 1.2.4.1 I think? It was after the nerf, and I was using the Bubble Gun.
Oh? That's surprising. I guess whatever accessories and reforges you were using probably helped make up for the damage/healing loss.

Oh? That's surprising. I guess whatever accessories and reforges you were using probably helped make up for the damage/healing loss.

That and the Bubble Gun being the highest DPS magic weapon in 1.2.4.1, unless my memory fails me utterly.

That and the Bubble Gun being the highest DPS magic weapon in 1.2.4.1, unless my memory fails me utterly.
I actually think it was the razorblade typhoon.

Anyways, I've fought the Moon Lord multiple times and I'M NOT DOING CHEESE STRATS DON'T EVEN SUGGEST IT. My biggest problem is that big-:red: laser, there's no real warning that it's coming. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom