tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem where I launch tapi (the latest version) and it makes the sound as if it started but does not appear on my screen and then exits soon after. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.

I have a problem where I launch tapi (the latest version) and it makes the sound as if it started but does not appear on my screen and then exits soon after. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.
Please go to "My Documents -> My Games -> Terraria -> tAPI -> Logs"
Usually the most recent log is the one on the bottom :) .
Just copy the text from the most bottom log in the folder and paste it here.

Please go to "My Documents -> My Games -> Terraria -> tAPI -> Logs"
Usually the most recent log is the one on the bottom :) .
Just copy the text from the most bottom log in the folder and paste it here.
>>> Singleplayer: 13:01:16 <<<
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\CraftButton". File not found.
at ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
at ContentManager.ReadAsset(String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at ContentManager.Load(String assetName)
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()
at Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Program.Main(String[] args)
at Program.Main(String[] args)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\CraftButton.xnb". File not found.
at TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
at ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)

Mods used:

>>> Singleplayer: [LOG] :
It's pretty simple, the file 'Craft button. Png' is not found, these are usually caused by tAPI looking into the wrong Content directory. (For example, let's say that the Content folder that tAPI needs to look into is called Contentbad, tAPI is only programmed to look into a folder named 'Content'. So when it starts, it sees 'Contentbad' and it won't recognize it. But then it finds ANOTHER folder called 'Content', that is not the right one, so it caused an error.)
This bug is simple to fix, rename the folder that tAPI needs to look into to 'Content'.)
If this doesn't work please don't hesitate to ask for more help. :)

thanks, I did not see that.
I guess that means we will probably get official mod support in a future update ;) Until then we have tMod.
maybe.
no actual indication of that though. don't read too much into it. all it means is that tapi is dead now. but theres tmodloader and prisim coming eventually at least

It's not opening for me. I've tried it like 10 times, and restarted my computer, but all it does is make a little "bwoop" sound and not open anything. Help?

can anyone help me? :( i am trying to make my first items mod, i've been looking everywhere to learn how to do it but i can't seem to make one, i got this error from the game, can anyone help me where did i go wrong, this is my code and the error
11824950_1046322092054356_8737773052220836949_n.jpg

11826012_1046322115387687_2951260268159752931_n.jpg

and my png files

Attachments

• SylvariLongBow.png
    SylvariLongBow.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 220
can anyone help me? :( i am trying to make my first items mod, i've been looking everywhere to learn how to do it but i can't seem to make one, i got this error from the game, can anyone help me where did i go wrong, this is my code and the error
11824950_1046322092054356_8737773052220836949_n.jpg

11826012_1046322115387687_2951260268159752931_n.jpg

and my png files
The texture Is redirected to "Item/"Your item here" "
It must be "Items/SyvariLongBow"

Alright, not sure if this is for everyone in tAPI but this is what happens when making a custom gun with custom ammo: (It shoots, consumed ammo, makes sound but nothing comes out.)
{
"displayName": "AK-47",
"size": [
],
"maxStack": 1,
"value": [
],
"autoReuse": true,
"rare": 1,
"tooltip": "Only fires Steel bullets.",
"useStyle": 5,
"useAnimation": 10,
"useTime": 10,
"damage": 9,
"knockback": 10,
"useSound": 11,
"ranged": true,
"shoot": "Vastalmod:SteelbulletProj",
"useAmmo": "Vastalmod:Steel bullet",
"shootSpeed": 8,
"noMelee": true,
"recipes": [
{
"items": {
"Dirt Block": 1
},
"creates": 1
}
]
}

{
"displayName": "Steel bullet",
"size": [12,12],
"scale": 1,
"maxStack": 999,
"value": [0,0,0,20],
"rare": 0,
"tooltip": "'Used by the AK-47.'",
"ammo": "Steel bullet",
"shoot": "Vastalmod:SteelbulletProj",
"damage": 9,
"consumable": true,

"recipes":
[{
"items": { "Dirt Block": 1 },
"creates": 999
}]

}

{
"displayName": "SteelbulletProj",
"size": [12,12],
"scale": 1,
"aiStyle": 0,
"timeLeft": 200,
"friendly": true,
"hostile": false,
"tileCollide": true,
"penetrate": 0,
"ranged": true,
"maxUpdates": 1
}
Any help on them?

Help me pls
I looke din the log n game launcher when I clicked launch on tAPI and it said this in the log:
17:18:32 Start() - Starting: tAPI.exe
17:18:32 Start() - Process started
17:18:40 Start() - Process exited

Help me pls
I looke din the log n game launcher when I clicked launch on tAPI and it said this in the log:
17:18:32 Start() - Starting: tAPI.exe
17:18:32 Start() - Process started
17:18:40 Start() - Process exited
It is looking into the wrong directory, Make sure tAPI is able to access the 'Content' folder.

If it's not, tAPI will fail to load, which causes the error you have.
It's not 'drag & drop', You will need to reinstall tAPI in the right folder that has 'Content'.
So I select in the installer the content folder? If I do in the installer it shows an error and cant install
[DOUBLEPOST=1439397369,1439397273][/DOUBLEPOST]It only says "The selected directory is not the right terraria directory". Do I edit it in the game launcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom