Mobile Reeling in Updates on Mobile Terraria!

WHY IS THIS MORE DEVELOPED THEN CONSOLE!!??

Because there are two different development teams working on two different versions, and as far as I've been able to gather, it is more difficult to develop for consoles than it is for mobile. So while both teams are working hard, they move at their own paces as they are able to.

It isn't even that simple (one being easier than the other) really - but it is just the vagaries of the parallel development process as Leinfors noted. Only way to ever really make things happen at the same time is to purposely delay one of the other. That seems a bad idea vs getting content out when it's ready. :)

That means sometimes one will be in front of the other or vice versa. It's not like it's going to be months and months (October for mobile and sometime oct-dec for console, per the announcements)

No. You misunderstood me. I don't want to adjust spawn rate whenever I want.
I want to let know the developers the spawn rate of mobile is very low.
In pc it's soo scary to go outside at night. Although in mobile it's not scary even in blood moon

Is it any more/better in the most recent version vs the older ones?

are developers going to fix android version? looks like they don't care about crashes at all.

i have 2GB RAM device, more then 1.1G is free before terraria run. All other apps closed.
It's not possible to play more then 30 minutes in hardmode without crash. It's not crash at all, music continues playing, but game is stops and not responses on controls. Look at last google play storage marks, most of them is 1 of 5 stars due to crashes.

and then i am reading in anthoer topic here, that there no problems at all, its just memory issue. If 1GB of free memory is not enough, then write it in game descrption and ask for 3GB devices. Why do you fool most android users then?

If it's REALLY free memory issue, than make smaller world. As option, 1/2 or even 1/4 of original world. It's anyway better than constantly crashing app.

i don't need new 1.3 features, i can't play this game at all. STABILITY > 1000 more vanity items.
i am ready to help to find out root of problem, give an developer version which is writing logs and can send them after crash or something.

Last edited:
Noone ever said that every crash is RAM related - only that a ton of them are.

Have you submitted a ticket with 505 with these recent issues?

Please adjust the enemy spawn rate same as pc in next update?.
It will be awesome if developers can do it in next update

Actually it's little better. But it's not even close to pc spawn rate. Soo boring at night.
and how exactly ticket helps in common for android platform problem?
every update in play market peoples leave negative reply about it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441370566,1441370119][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow there are already enough world gen issues... Can you imagine the amount with a half/quarter size world!

still better than don't play at all.

i tired from this random freezes, once i lost armor, because game crashed while i moving armor to chest
in normal mode crashes is pretty rare, but in hard mode it can be crashed even after i minute of playing.
if this game isn't for tablets, than write it. If Android isn't good platform, that simplify this game to tablet level.

why i didn't saw any single crash on 3d game like World of Tanks? It's supposed to be much complex than 2d sandbox game with few mobs on screen :/

Hyped! Hope they fix the fact that lost stuff (Characters and Worlds) are fixed. Got my first world back but the game crashes every time I tap on it. But overall great timing for the new update. :)

Good afternoon everyone!

It has been a couple of weeks since we last filled you in on our progress with the Mobile Terraria update plans. Well, we are here to rectify that and share the latest and greatest with you today! Without further ado, here is where we stand:

kdcROYP.png

TERRARIA FIXES (SEE HERE FOR DETAILS)
  • The various versions (iOS, Google Play, Amazon, Windows Phone) are either in submission or quite close!
  • This means that our expectation/plan is that these will roll out over the next 2-4 weeks (depending on how fast the process moves and/or any major unforeseen issues)
divider.png

TERRARIA CONTENT UPDATE (SEE HERE FOR DETAILS)
  • Our work here continues and is going quite well!
  • Our expectation at this point is that the content update will be ready just a bit later than expected (sorry, bugs happen - and we really did need to get everyone on the same level footing with the update above first to make this as stable as possible). We are looking at October 2015 for this release.
  • In the mean time, check out the cool fishing screenshot above to help whet your appetite! We are planning to share more info along our journey as well, so stay tuned!
divider.png

COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
We have noted a handful of questions around what might be missing from the upcoming Mobile Terraria 1.2.3-4 update. Well, unfortunately there are a few - but they are relatively minor. We do NOT currently have:
  • Renaming chests.
  • You can choose whether or not you want accessories to be visible on your character.
  • You can wear vanity accessories.
  • You can dye accessories.
  • You can change the color of your clothes at a Dresser.

That is the bad news. The good news is that this is all primarily due to UI limitations. We are considering a UI revamp in the near future, and we will absolutely look at whether or not we can get some of these things to work within that.

kdcROYP.png

That's it for this time. Thanks again for all of your support - and we look forward to bringing you some truly awesome stuff this late Summer/Fall!
Can we also have writing on signs???

Oh no they said October expect it to be either on the end of October or in November. Still pissed about that Q3 thing

Oh no they said October expect it to be either on the end of October or in November. Still pissed about that Q3 thing
It happens it's not easy to develop a game, you can't wait to get your hands on the game, I belive 505 games can't wait too so give them some time to fix everything and to code everything, it's not easy

Back
Top Bottom