If you could have one superpower...

Ai, but one thing you shouldnt know about that armor- it doesnt work when the user roleplays themselves. It never works

Shapeshifting. Then you can do like everything. And you could even turn into Batman.

Shapeshifting is like an all-superpowers-in-one exclusive.

Inspired by Worm's Coil character, I'd have to take some sort of "quick save/alternate choice" ability that would allow me to avoid unexpected danger, see the outcome of multiple choices before making it, and ultimately act as a sort of failsafe/backup for my life as a whole.

The character in question could "create" a divergent universe of which he was simultaneously aware at all times; he would live two parallel lives in which he could make different decisions and observe the outcome. Once he had settled on the superior outcome, he would collapse the less favorable timeline and simply create another, always optimizing every segment of his life based on the ideal results of any choice. When not actively optimizing like this, he would simply keep a secondary timeline with different choices (like driving home on a different path) so that any unexpected disaster/death could be avoided. It was an extremely potent power for a character who was, physically and mentally, otherwise of purely human ability.

He also used it to save time; for instance, he could use one timeline to, say, go to the doctor or something which would provide him with information that was useful (you are in good health, you are not, etc) and then collapse it, keeping the knowledge gained in the alternate timeline. The same sort of thing could be done to find info through costly means (for instance, torturing an ally to see if they were betraying you or not), then just keeping the knowledge in the other timeline where you don't do that.

Back
Top Bottom