[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first bug I've found it that if you put anything craftable into the guide's crafting thing it shows nothing and fills up your inventory with w/e the item was at max stacks then drops the actual item you put into the crafting box when you close the window.

EDIT: For some items it does actually show what you can make (maybe just items that have no Exxo only recipe?) but the duplicates it gives you vanish after removing one of the stacks, however, it still gives you a max stack of the initial item you put into the box.

Okay that is a wacky bug for sure xD. It's possible I missed something in the recipe class or the part in Main that deals with the guide slot. I'll look at it tomorrow.

Just found another bug, in expert mode worlds you cannot have an additional accessory slot. I tried it with a ported over character from vanilla but the additional slot is grayed out like in normal worlds and when I removed the accessories the slot vanished.

I made a new character killed WoF, got a demon heart from the treasure bag but when I consumed it I did not gain an additional accessory slot at all, wasn't grayed out or anything. Gif: https://gyazo.com/1c8e06b7143a9d9490bc1a32f567a27e

That's a work in progress actually; I will be removing/disabling expert mode and transferring all expert only items to normal mode.

Is that because you feel scaling health/double damage on some of your bosses will be too op/annoying to balance? Or is it something about superhardmode?

Is that because you feel scaling health/double damage on some of your bosses will be too op/annoying to balance? Or is it something about superhardmode?

It's both. Plus I feel that expert mode is the result of developer laziness xD. They could have spent the time adding SHM :p.

Maybe they knew they couldn't do it well enough so they left it to the experts ;) Also it is kind of hard to test your current version properly because I have no idea what the recipes are due to that guide bug, could you post them? Or I can just wait for it to be fixed, up to you ofc.

EDIT: Oh right, pretty sure this is not a bug and it is something that just cannot be changed because of the mod's world gen, but you cant port vanilla worlds over to Exxo, it fails to load them.

Last edited:
Plus I feel that expert mode is the result of developer laziness xD
I feel like that to some extent as well. Insteand of making new mobs and making stuff truly harder, they just slap new tricks up the sleeves of already existing mobs. I feel like it's more of a free DLC than an actual mode, but that's just my opinion. They should have made new mobs that actually pose a threat, not make minor incoviniences such as the bat debuff or the water in snow biome and revamp some enemies such as the zombies to carry out an arm for longer reach or skeletons throwing bones.

Alright, I've fixed the placeable souls/vertebrae/ectoplasm/rotten chunks, and fixed the guide slot bug. I've also added a few more items. Fiery Blade of Grass, Bloody Amulet, Demon/Crimson Altar items, hardmode dungeon armies' vanity sets, and the reflex shield and its ingredients.

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wckb8t3dtvz7db/Exxo Avalon v10.5.zip?dl=0

EDIT: Oh, I also fixed the 6th accessory slot thing :p.

Last edited:
Alright, I've fixed the placeable souls/vertebrae/ectoplasm/rotten chunks, and fixed the guide slot bug. I've also added a few more items. Fiery Blade of Grass, Bloody Amulet, Demon/Crimson Altar items, hardmode dungeon armies' vanity sets, and the reflex shield and its ingredients.

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wckb8t3dtvz7db/Exxo Avalon v10.5.zip?dl=0

EDIT: Oh, I also fixed the 6th accessory slot thing :p.
Just a suggestion:

The pearlwood armor is one of the most useless things in Terraria, being as useful as tin armor defense-wise. It has a defense of 2-3-2 + 1 set bonus (total 8). Making the defense 5-6-5 + 3 set bonus (total 19 (same total as shadow and crimson armor)) would be a good move.

Second thing, the Corruption armour is 'Shadow Armor', but the Crimson set is 'Crimson Armor'. Change the name to 'Bloody Armor' (or something like that) such that it is more consistent.

In this version does it have it so when you make a new world the loading bar shows whether it is a corruption/crimson/contagion world?

Also is the contagion in this version of Exxo Avalon?

Last edited:
In this version does it have it so when you make a new world the loading bar shows whether it is a corruption/crimson/contagion world?

Also in the contagion in this version of Exxo Avalon?

To the first question: It will when the Contagion is added.

To the second question: See above response xD.

Anyway... I'll be adding Duratanium/Naquadah/Troxinium, blowpipes and their seeds, lead/iron bricks/walls, possessed armor and phantom vanity sets, and maybe some other things tomorrow.

I had hoped someone would reply by now so I wouldn't have to double post, but meh.

Not yet. Once I figure out how to compile for mac/linux, I'll let you know.

You need to duplicate the Content folder in your steam's terraria folder and rename it 'Exxo v10.0 Content' then merge the folder provided in the zip (with the same name) into the new folder you just duped and renamed.
Thanks for clearing that up. :)

I just realized I'm adding things without consulting you guys. To gain a better view of what everyone wants, I'll ask a couple questions. First, what would you like to see return? Second (and possibly the more important question), what things would you rather I not add? And thirdly, is there anything new you'd like to see (within reason)?

I just realized I'm adding things without consulting you guys. To gain a better view of what everyone wants, I'll ask a couple questions. First, what would you like to see return? Second (and possibly the more important question), what things would you rather I not add? And thirdly, is there anything new you'd like to see (within reason)?
I would like the Bloody Demon Eyes, because they look cool.
Also, there was a weapon that shoots fire through blocks, that I used to kill fire imps in prehardmode. That was useful. Cannot remember its name.
Osmium/Rhodium and the ore slimes, as well as desert beak (we can live with the old AI and model for a bit).
Thats all I can think of atm

I would like the Bloody Demon Eyes, because they look cool.
Also, there was a weapon that shoots fire through blocks, that I used to kill fire imps in prehardmode. That was useful. Cannot remember its name.
Osmium/Rhodium and the ore slimes, as well as desert beak (we can live with the old AI and model for a bit).
Thats all I can think of atm

Bloodshot Eyes will be added tomorrow. And if you mean the chaos tome, it's already in. Desert beak/rhodium/osmium will probably be added the day after tomorrow.

Anyway I'll get on my computer and write out the item list and changelog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom