Official Community Poll - Removal of Most Likes/Messages Tabs

Should the Most Messages/Most Likes tabs be removed from the Members page?

• YES - I support removal of BOTH of these tabs

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • NO - I want the tabs to remain visible as they are

Votes: 366 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES - I support removal of BOTH of these tabs

If the tabs stay -- nothing changes, but can lead to spamming-like behaviors or e-peen showcasing
If the tabs go -- nothing changes, but ensures no future spam-like behaviors or e-peen showcasing
So basically TL;DR of what some people said.

Well, I'm extremely indifferent on the matter (although I do think it's kind of sad this is apparently an issue to begin with, sour grapes and all that), and I don't want to see what looks like a broken page every time I click the Members button (which I do a lot for navigation purposes), so I'll vote no. Aesthetic reasons are the best reasons.

I am a perfectionist and I like when things are aesthetic, but at this point I prefer to step it up. I prefer to see a broken page, that still could be usable, rather than being in toxic community.

It doesn't seem like removing these tabs would accomplish / add anything , it just seems like pointless extra work. So i kinda disagree with removing them.
I could concur, give it a month or two and a lot of people will stop caring about like/post amount. I'd say retaining them would bring more harm, so messing with it is worth trying.

I could concur, give it a month or two and a lot of people will stop caring about like/post amount. I'd say retaining them would bring more harm, so messing with it is worth trying.
Well that DOES make sense, heck, iv'e been here for over a year & iv'e only discovered these tabs mere minutes ago. So imo i guess it doesn't matter whether they or go, consider me "on the fence" for the matter now.

I seem to have accidentally made my argument a bit... wonky, so I kinda need to fix it. But here it is, the second paragraph is valid:

I'd be happy to be put into the "hall of fame" and would not want to be taken out of it (Even though I've never been there)
People who work hard to contribute to help Terrarians in need should be awarded with a spot at the Hall of Fame.

And you don't really know what this ad-on will do. How inconvenient would it be if TCF had to be shut down for a while to try to remove the ad-on. As the words (almost inserted the T Mobile Customer Service number here by accident... why is it even in my clipbar?)
It is possible that the add-ons will not work or even cause problems with forum functionality
says, we don't even know if the ad-ons are safe at all. Will it work? Maybe. Will it mess up the site? Maybe. Will it set viruses into all of our computers? Maybe. (I may be wrong saying such a daring words but that's what I infer from what those words say). It even says that "There is no easy method to do this". Why waste time on this when you can be trying to do that... thing that you shut the forum down last time?

Not only does removing the tabs cause people to feel sad, but it may mess this site up.
So I say we keep the tabs where they are.
Now I've said what I have to say, and I'm sorry if anyone is offended, angry, or about to punch their PCs, or if you don't get any jokes I've tried to put into here.

Good day to you all.

Last edited:
However, a most messages tab represent how much a person has helped other Terrarians. It shows who is the most resourceful.
Most likes tab is a good idea to me, it shows who is most funny, most resourceful, and most agreeable.
The Terraria Community Forum is made for people seeking help in Terraria, and the two tabs you want to take off was a show of who helped the most, who did the best job, who was the better explainer. It should be kept on the Members page

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is not the case. Likes does not equal most helpful in even the slightest degree, not on this forum.

That's a rather vague reasoning up there. See, messages don't usually display how much did someone help, most of those are simply some discussions, forum games or RPs. Actually, from what I know, people who are on the "most messages" had most of those from RPing and there's nothing new about it. In case of "most likes" it mostly shows how active you are or just how much content you post, you are mostly likely to see those people on daily basis or find them randomly, or simply hear about them. I know this from my experience, as I wasn't using this tab much. Then again, it raises a lot of competition, which isn't exactly helping the forums to stay positive and helpful.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is not the case. Likes does not equal most helpful in even the slightest degree, not on this forum.
I'd be happy to be put into the "hall of fame" and would not want to be taken out of it (Even though I've never been there)
A most messages tab says who has contributed the most into the TCF.
Most likes page sounds like it fits right in. Why have the like button if there is no use to it?

And you don't really know what this ad-on will do. How inconvenient would it be if TCF had to be shut down for a while to try to remove the ad-on. As the words (almost inserted the T Mobile Customer Service number here by accident... why is it even in my clipbar?)
says, we don't even know if the ad-ons are safe at all. Will it work? Maybe. Will it mess up the site? Maybe. Will it set viruses into all of our computers? Maybe. (I may be wrong saying such a daring words but that's what I infer from what those words say). It even says that "There is no easy method to do this". Why waste time on this when you can be trying to do that... thing that you shut the forum down last time?

Not only does removing the tabs cause people to feel sad, but it may mess this site up.
So I say we keep the tabs where they are.
Now I've said what I have to say, and I'm sorry if anyone is offended, angry, or about to punch their PCs, or if you don't get any jokes I've tried to put into here.

Good day to you all.
And, in fact, the top messages are often named spammers (and several examples are already in this thread). Also, and I can say for most up here in messages, lots of people only really focus on Roleplays or Forum games.

Even though I'd love to have "Most Point" tab removed, due to its complete lack of usefulness, could it really be deleted ( even through addons ) without interfering into current trophies? Because I think that's what staff here fears of.

It'd been nice if the OP had included the reason why these tabs are up for removal.

Is there a reason they need removed? It isn't like they take up a lot of screen space and if we're in danger of more forum downtime and/or problems, then why screw with it? Why not just leave it as-is if ain't hurting anything?

I have a question: Whats the point of voting if you don't even care?

I vote yes because forums should not be popularity contests.

I have a question: Whats the point of voting if you don't even care?

I vote yes because forums should not be popularity contests.

I don't care about the tabs, but yet I DO care about downtime to implement the changes, then it doesn't work, then more downtime and/or possible data loss to get it back to the way it was, then more downtime to try the other method, then if it doesn't work, then we're back to square zero... with zero benefit to the community.

So I voted to leave them as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom