• Switch 1.4: New patch released Jan 18, details are here. Read the full release details here. Report bugs here.
Elemental Δ
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• TIL there's a method to the madness of dungeon chest loot. It's based on distance from the entrance. The first chest will always have a muramasa, unless it generates above 0 feet. The next one has a cobalt shield, then an aqua scepter, then a blue moon, then a magic missile, then the valor. After that it'll be a wooden chest with a gold key, and then finally a handgun. After that it goes through the list again.
    • Wow
    Reactions: Doodles
    Doodles
    Doodles
    So you're telling me I only need to loot the first two every single time??
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Unless one's on the surface, then you'll have to find the 9th or 10th.
    As it turns out, featherfall potions are insanely powerful against Skeletron. Combine that with a few other buffs and a Bee's Knees, and expert mode Skeletron is kind of a joke. I didn't even need the molten armor I made!
    I've killed two bosses today, Queen Bee and BoC. I've attempted Skeletron twice now with no luck. The second attempt, I forgot to put buff and put on my hive pack.
    Simple
    Simple
    Skeletron is a pretty difficult boss, I consider it to be one of the first major difficulty spikes in Terraria.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Yeah. I did a third attempt, and remembered to buff, but forgot the hive pack again.
    Why do I have horrible luck with chests all of a sudden? I can't find any sprinting accessories. I've found just about everything but boots.
    • Sad
    Reactions: Esther
    Chir'
    Chir'
    Just RNG being what it is. It always gives everything except what the player wants.
    I started a new ranged expert playthrough, and so far I've gotten a bone pickaxe, full gold armor, 13 life crystals, and a gold bow with two and a half stacks of frostburn arrows. I'd say I'm doing well so far.
    So that Test of Patience isn't a set amount of barrels, every barrel you open has a 1 in 2.5 million chance to have the treasure in it. I opened a thousand barrels by hand for nothing.
    I have begun Create: Above and Beyond, and so far, I've fallen prey to the Test of Patience. I'm over one thousand barrels in and haven't hit the bottom. Don't try it if you value your sanity.
    Well, there's an official Create modpack. I haven't played it but I'm already wasting hours on it.
    Well, I finally got around to updating my signature with all my dragons. I feel slightly more fulfilled.
    Mantis Lords has got to be one of my favorite fights in all of Hollow Knight. It feels very tight, but there's a good bit of wiggle room. Not easy, but not unfair, it's the most literal interpretation of 'dance of death' I've ever seen.
    I have a theory for the whole 'is Kris the knight?' thing. The main argument against Kris being the knight is their soul. They can't really move too far from it, so how do they get to the library? The answer was in chapter 1 the whole time. The wagon. Kris throws the soul in the birdcage, which is in a little wagon, so why not pull the wagon around town?
    ppowersteef
    ppowersteef
    I'm not sure where I've heard that Kris had to stay close to their soul
    kresdw
    kresdw
    I think it was said that Noelle and Berdly were in the library before the dark world was created.
    However, the closet says that "A large person could easily fit inside". Perhaps the Knight was inside the closet?

Personally I think it's far too early in the game for Kris to be the Knight. It's probably a red herring, just like Chapter 1's end cutscene.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    It could be. It's all just speculation, anyway.
    I don't get why people hate the solar pillar so much. The crawltipedes are easy to deal with if you know what you're doing, and I've never had a problem with reflected projectiles.
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    The way I play generally makes the Solar Pillar one of the most challenging pillars. Usually I'll end up staying low to the ground to avoid the Crawltipedes, but it can be tricky to kill the Corites in time before they appear and charge into you. I also tend to keep my fire button held down so more times than I'd like to admit, I've been killed by my own reflected projectiles.
    Aurora3500
    Aurora3500
    Despite that I don't hate the solar pillar or any of the other pillars. They're the final challenge of the game and it is fun that they are difficult. Overcoming what they throw at you leading up to the Moon Lord makes it a great way to conclude the playthrough.
    Hootle The Owlet
    Hootle The Owlet
    just use daybreak smh
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom