four plus four
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I just learned about the new luck system and I hate it. At least, the torch stuff, the rest seems cool. I've never been particularly fond of using colored torches, so being forced to use them or incur the wrath of drops in some places sucks.
    Damn. Guess I might try using the new torches, maybe I'll like em' more than I expect I do, idk.
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    Or you could find some other way of marking where you've explored and make use of Shine Potions or Light Pets.
    four plus four
    four plus four
    Light pets are inconsistent, and shine potions cost more, but fair enough. But proper torches can also increase luck which is probably nicer than finding alternative means. If I were to use an alternative, it'd probably be stars in bottles or some other type of lantern, although star bottles are way cheaper than most lanterns now.
    wvz9X9J.png

In the middle of building, and I think it's neat that this works. Both pylons function, both npcs are happy with their biomes, and there are no other npcs nearby. Pretty cool.
    Reactions: Cheese sticks
    Cheese sticks
    Cheese sticks
    reason is i started it yesterday
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    You realize that you can have around 4 NPCs in the same area and they'll be perfectly fine, right?
    four plus four
    four plus four
    Yes, I do, but that's not important to what I posted about. I'm talking about the pylons, and how having a working forest and cavern pylon so close together using the same npcs is neat. It's not even about how this seems like it shouldn't work, since it makes sense it would based off the depth meter, even if it is somewhat unexpected.
    Journey's End might be my favorite update to Terraria. 1.2 was my favorite, due to changing so much of the foundation, but everything about 1.4 feels so special and cool and the atmosphere makes it a much better experience.

I think what it comes down to is this - The quality of life in 1.2 makes the previous versions almost unplayable. The aesthetic and atmosphere in 1.4 makes the previous versions seem stale.
    four plus four
    four plus four
    These thoughts are only based off of about 15 hours in the update(most of which has been spent building) and recency bias is definitely happening, but Journey's End is phenomenal regardless.

Also Journey's End does have quite a few QoL stuff too, like pylons and the Magic Conch that I also love, but I don't think they're better then autowalking up blocks, torches on walls, rope, etc.
    four plus four
    four plus four
    I realize I forgot a lot of 1.4's QoL stuff, like block swap and door opening and journey modes entire existence and probably more I still can't remember, but still.

EDIT i'm an idiot, i had an edit here saying i didn't mention quality of life in the first post, but i in fact did
    Brewstin
    Brewstin
    Sounds about right, I agree with your thoughts. 1.2 was definitely a far more impactful update, though 1.4 is a very good ending to the game. I can't really think of any other features or additions I'd want added in at this point. Feels like everything that should be in the game is now in due to 1.4
    Saw this video earlier, made me want to start my own run of it, except without jumping because that is defo movement.
    Currently moving via placing minecart tracks. Also got an umbrella.
    T'is neat.
    four plus four
    four plus four
    i now have topaz hook and am suddenly forced to realize that no jumps is annoyinger than i thought
    still gonna not jump, probably
    sense is like cheesecake
    Cheese sticks
    Cheese sticks
    So I got good senses since I'm cheese
    Dapling
    Dapling
    Well, I suppose I can't eat sense, so you're not wrong (RIP me I can't eat gluten.)

And no, I'm not one of those people who are just irrationally afraid of it. I actually get seizures from eating it.
    Cheese sticks
    Cheese sticks
    Oof that's bad
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom