Tachytaenius
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hypo infra sub normo super ultra hyper. hyper and hypo are pejorative; they ALWAYS mean that there's *too* much
    (MC) "I haven't been very lucky finding diamonds so far..." about 2 seconds later I come across eight. Huh!
    Tachytaenius
    Tachytaenius
    Insight: I may have thought of this multiple times already, but only remembered this one because it was "special."
    tfw you realise how :red:ing stupid you are when you're comparing deals on dedicated servers and want to know how good the GPU is for each
    Trump's greed -> Oil etc -> Global warming -> Extreme weather. Hmm.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And it's also why he personally funded his own campaign and refused to take donations.
    FlyKip
    FlyKip
    I think it's pretty interesting how you blamed all of global warming on one man. Pretty unreasonable to say Trump caused gw singlehandedly, which is what is implied.
    Tachytaenius
    Tachytaenius
    Tachtaeni More than JUST trump's greed, though.
    Today at 7:15 PM

it's the first comment on the status :p
    Saying that a human is like a dog is, if anything, less insulting than if someone says a dog is like a human. Dogs are great!
    I tend to avoid American singers.
    neoselket
    neoselket
    I tend to avoid singers.
    Tachytaenius
    Tachytaenius
    Is that just the corporate bastards, while you would still appreciate people singing in a little village?

In the same way as those vastly over-payed football players are easily despised, but then you would respect a few 16-year-old lads playing with a round pig's bladder against a nearby village in 1886`insert question comma here` which is a totally arbitrary choice.
    do you use MD as the extension for markdown files? how about TX for the extension for text files, then![/sarc] moral of the story: EM KAY DE
    The etymology for "holocaust" is quite disturbing. Whole burn, or "burn all."
    Tachytaenius
    Tachytaenius
    also genocide isn't to kill lots, its to kill by origin. Genus is birthplace, origin et cetera.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Well, typically when people use the word "genocide", they are usually talking about killing all homo sapiens in a given area (which would fulfill the 'kill lots' meaning that everybody is familiar with) though the word in fantasy settings can apply to other species (orc genocide meaning kill all orcs).
    Xylia
    Xylia
    But yes, these are two examples of words that have taken completely different meanings to themselves due to a significant event in history that was attached to them. Other words like Vandalism (person who did one of the first recorded instance of said crime's last name was Vandal) have similar roots.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom