1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, not sure if this have been covered yet, but I was testing the new statues and found that certain monsters, like Medusa and Granite Golems, spawned from the statues don't target you. They just walk along mindlessly. I'm assuming that is not meant to be, because other monsters like harpies attack you.

Is there a way to fix this?
[doublepost=1466205783,1466205568][/doublepost]
Ok, so I posted this in the support forums a week ago and still no reply. So I'll try here...

Anytime I'm anywhere near a mine cart track the game automatically snaps me to it. To be a bit more exact, it appears that if I'm within 5-10 blocks of the track, it's snapping me to it. When it happens, it gives the appearance that I'm grappling to it with the default (basic) grapple, even though I'm currently using the Topaz grapple. When this happens all I'm doing is moving in one direction via the left stick. It's extremely annoying, as it makes it hard to leave the tracks and mine ore or explore the surrounding area. To make matters worse, if you happen to cross a large pit while riding a mine cart it will dump you off. FYI, these are the naturally occuring tracks that happen upon world gen.

So, is this a bug or is the a setting that fixes this.
Are you pressing any buttons when it snaps you to the track? If you are then it is probably the Smart Cursor targeting the track.

Am I stupid or were there undocumented changes made this time around? And what would happen if I listed all the undocumented changes I've found?

@Wepawetmose That's the thing, all I'm doing is pressing the left stick in the direction I want to go. For example, I can be below it by several blocks and I simply push left or right and....poof, snapped to the rail. Weird thing is, once I'm on the rail I get dumped randomly and all I'm doing is pushing left or right to move along the rail.

*shrugs*

@Wepawetmose That's the thing, all I'm doing is pressing the left stick in the direction I want to go. For example, I can be below it by several blocks and I simply push left or right and....poof, snapped to the rail. Weird thing is, once I'm on the rail I get dumped randomly and all I'm doing is pushing left or right to move along the rail.

*shrugs*
What are you using to run Terraria?

Am I stupid or were there undocumented changes made this time around? And what would happen if I listed all the undocumented changes I've found?

@Hie the Badger, there were indeed some minor changes here and there that slipped through the changelog, along with some things that were mentioned but not given full detail (such as the numerous sprite changes made . . . there was no comprehensive list posted).

You are welcome to post whatever you find, there is no specific reason why anything in particular wasn't mentioned. But if you want to provide some sort of list, make sure its facts, not conjecture.

Skeletron also ran away after I summoned him, fought him a bit and teleported to the nearby nurse for a quick healing.
This was in the same general area.

Also, I find that sometimes I can't move items in my inventory. I have the pause game setting on.

@CthuluIsSpy, yes, if you teleport away from Skeletron too far, he may despawn. By design.

Additionally, if you pause the game while your character is in the middle of using an item, you cannot rearrange your inventory due to the mechanics of picking things up while in the process of using something else. Also by design.

Hey, not sure if this have been covered yet, but I was testing the new statues and found that certain monsters, like Medusa and Granite Golems, spawned from the statues don't target you. They just walk along mindlessly. I'm assuming that is not meant to be, because other monsters like harpies attack you.

Is there a way to fix this?

@Wepawetmose, this is a known issue, and not so much an issue with statues as much as it is a conflict with the AI of these creatures being in unusual locations. Most Underground enemies are designed to run away should they reach above a certain world height (the surface, generally), so that difficult enemies didn't follow you to the surface. When these same enemies (Medusas, for instance) are spawned on the surface, they run. The same applies to night time enemies and Blood Moon enemies, who tend to flee during the day. This wasn't initially taken into consideration when making the statues, but the issue is logged to be addressed at some point.

As for fixing it in the short term, the only real thing to do is spawn them Underground. I realize this is limiting for above-ground builds, but that's why its going to be addressed at some point. This is just in the mean time. :)

Ok, so I posted this in the support forums a week ago and still no reply. So I'll try here...

Anytime I'm anywhere near a mine cart track the game automatically snaps me to it. To be a bit more exact, it appears that if I'm within 5-10 blocks of the track, it's snapping me to it. When it happens, it gives the appearance that I'm grappling to it with the default (basic) grapple, even though I'm currently using the Topaz grapple. When this happens all I'm doing is moving in one direction via the left stick. It's extremely annoying, as it makes it hard to leave the tracks and mine ore or explore the surrounding area. To make matters worse, if you happen to cross a large pit while riding a mine cart it will dump you off. FYI, these are the naturally occuring tracks that happen upon world gen.

So, is this a bug or is the a setting that fixes this.

For starters, lets establish one thing. Every time you board a minecart from even a short distance, this special grappling hook is used. It will be used even if you have NO grappling hook at all, its part of the mechanics of boarding a minecart. It can't be used for normal grappling, and is only used to pull you to an in-range minecart track when you attempt to ride it.

From the sounds of your post, you are using some sort of Gamepad. Which Gamepad control setting are you using? On Yoraiz0r's Pick, the X button (X being assigned to Quick Mount) will both allow you to board a minecart, and dismount from said minecart. If you are spontaneously mounting and demounting minecarts when in proximity, it likely means that the X button is being hit or sending false inputs. The Quick Mount button is assigned to different buttons on Redigit's pick and Xbox/Playstation layouts, so depending on what you are using, it may be that button instead. You can try rebinding Quick Mount to a different button to see if its your controller that is sending false inputs.

Except I was not far away from skeletron. He was still near my arema when I teleported to the nurse, who was also near the arena.

Except I was not far away from skeletron. He was still near my arema when I teleported to the nurse, who was also near the arena.

It sounds too me like you still teleported too far. I tested this myself, and the range isn't particularly huge. If you run away too much, you forfeit the fight. :)

It sounds too me like you still teleported too far. I tested this myself, and the range isn't particularly huge. If you run away too much, you forfeit the fight. :)

That was probably it then. I do move around a lot, and sometimes the fight goes a bit above the arena.

Recently I have re-installed terraria, My usual controls are the arrow keys (Up for jump) However now when I try to switch the asd & jump keys to the arrow keys in the keybinding section it does not work, it changes to 'none' then 'empty'. I doubt pictures will help here but
g.PNG

I'm having a problem with critters and water. I destroyed a Sky Island and had it drain into a small reservoir. The water doesn't go above one tile/block, so critters repeatedly jump in and out of the water seemingly randomly.
Xyk5eee.png
CxKlVpF.png

Terraria V1.3.1 Windows 7 x64.

Recently I have re-installed terraria, My usual controls are the arrow keys (Up for jump) However now when I try to switch the asd & jump keys to the arrow keys in the keybinding section it does not work, it changes to 'none' then 'empty'. I doubt pictures will help here but View attachment 119998

If you need to swap back to the default controls, you can go into Documents>My Games>Terraria and delete the input profiles.json. However, by the same token, you can actually open this file in Notepad and manually enter the bindings you want to have. If the in-game setup isn't allowing you to set them, the input profiles file should. :)

Hey, I was looking at the new Companion Cube and was sitting in the dark with it. It was complete darkness. Anyway, as I was sitting, I kept on getting hurt randomly, and no enemies were shooting me. Seeing how it was just my Companion Cube and I, I believe that it was the Companion Cube who was attacking me. I looked up the companion cube, and they said it only attacks in multiplayer, and that the attacks don't actually hurt you. Is this wrong?
I'd add a picture, but the Terraria Camera Mode doesn't include damage numbers.

So...something weird happened.
I was riding the minetrack to the ocean, and for fun I started casting a fishing line. Nothing weird right?
Except when I arrived to my destination, I got a message - King Slime has awoken, and there he was, ready to fight.
It was...odd.

So...something weird happened.
I was riding the minetrack to the ocean, and for fun I started casting a fishing line. Nothing weird right?
Except when I arrived to my destination, I got a message - King Slime has awoken, and there he was, ready to fight.
It was...odd.

From the wiki:

King Slime spawns under one of the following conditions:

- A player uses a Slime Crown.
- A certain number of Slimes are killed during the Slime Rain event.
- Randomly in the two outer thirds of the map (never in the center third).

From the wiki:

King Slime spawns under one of the following conditions:

- A player uses a Slime Crown.
- A certain number of Slimes are killed during the Slime Rain event.
- Randomly in the two outer thirds of the map (never in the center third).

Really? I did not know that 0_o
This was the first time that happened to me.

Congratulations on acquiring 1.3.1! We would love it if you gave us feedback on the update and reported any issues you have here!

Hello, long time player since the first version came out. Never an issue until now :(

Issue: Every 10-20 seconds I get a screen freeze that last 1-2 seconds.
Details:
I've reinstalled Terraria since a long time of no playing so this could not be directly connected to the latest patch number. However:
  • It happens no matter what I do, even just standing
  • It happens in both single or multiplayer
  • Whenever happen in single player the whole game freeze, in multiplayer only my client but the world keep going on
What I've tried:
  • Enabled Triple Buffer in nvidia setting
  • Enable VSync in nvidia setting
  • Tried different setting of frame skip
  • Tried on-off multicore lighting
  • Tried different window resolution and borderless
My Notebook (Asus K501U) configuration:
  • Intel I7 6500U 3.16 GHZ
  • 12GB RAM
  • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD (terraria is on the SSD)
  • NVIDIA GTX950m
  • Windows10 Home

I've installed it again to play with my son because I work in another country and we don't have much time to spend together. My son have a similar configuration, just a little less recent (GTX850m, Intel I7, 8GB RAM, HDD, WIN10) and can run it smoothly.

Any help is welcome, thank you.

Hey @Crius, that's a great post because you have all the details we normally ask for. But can you do me a favor and report that as a new thread here in Tech Support?

Will be easier to discuss internally and we can respond to you more easily there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom