1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was joining my friend through steam, through the multiplayer button, with the shift+tab feature and clicked the arrow next to his name, pressed join game and it would just say "connecting to (friend name)" or "Found Server", with Found Server Happening during the daytime 10am-4pm, and Found Server happening 5pm-7:30(Current Time)

does this always happen? try telling your friend to restart the server, the same thing happened to me with my friend. He exited the Host n Play and restarted the world in Host n Play, and it seemed to work. Try telling him this

Say, is the 'star in a bottle' buff supposed to work right now?

Whenever I test it, I barely see any difference, maybe the buff is very minor, but I don't notice any change without.

What do you mean by that. You mean when they are stick to an enemy you can't do damage. That's not a bug is just level cap damage(I don't know what is called). Same with slime staff they block damage from player.

Say, is the 'star in a bottle' buff supposed to work right now?

Whenever I test it, I barely see any difference, maybe the buff is very minor, but I don't notice any change without.

As far as I'm aware, the bug with it is indeed fixed. However, the buff IS very minor . . . this might be why no one noticed it wasn't working for so long.

Spider minions often prevent me from hitting an enemy.

This is a known issue; not necessarily a bug per say, but a mechanics issue related to how the Spiders function, how piercing damage works, and how the Spiders latch on. Its something I personally (as a long time Summoner player) want to see resolved in some way, but the precise solution hasn't been settled on at this time.

Maybe if damage from summons was separated from other kinds of damage, like what was done to damage from spikes and Moon Lord but regarding monsters instead of players? Don't really know if it is possible, but well, it's pretty sad getting a Slime Staff just for bragging rights when all it does is make mobs pretty much invincible (they have hundreds of HP and only take 1 DP per tick, and you can't attack them in the meantime).

Also, in expert mode I'm taking knock back from Plantera even though I have an obsidian shield equipped. Is this an expert mode thing or a bug? Anyone else having problems with that?

I'm very sure, I'm doing expert mode legit finally, and I'm stuck on Plantera.:confused: A cobalt shield is nescessary for Plantera. It was the tendrils and Plantera itself ( in second form) the tendrils would knock me into Plantera.

Hi, as feedback I say the Reaver Shark pickaxe needs to be nerfed because is game-breaking:

I have played previous versions of Terraria in the last year or two years ago and I remember how fun it was to progress through the different pickaxes. You got to use every pickaxe with a lot of time and effort, and needed to know more and more about the game to get them finally crafted.

Now I've started playing Terraria again and I've found 4 Reaver Sharks on the third day of game time. Lucky or not it was totally game-breaking.
So the nightmare pickaxe was unnecessary and so was unnecesary (mostly) the demonite ore. Same with the molten pickaxe. They feel so unimportant.

Basically I think it should be nerfed to less mining power & damage, or whatever balances it, because it is very easy to obtain: best pickaxe pre-hardmode with absolutely NO risk involved and almost no knowledge of the game is needed at all. Plus you can get it right away.

Sorry for the long post thanks for reading :)

Hi, as feedback I say the Reaver Shark pickaxe needs to be nerfed because is game-breaking:

I have played previous versions of Terraria in the last year or two years ago and I remember how fun it was to progress through the different pickaxes. You got to use every pickaxe with a lot of time and effort, and needed to know more and more about the game to get them finally crafted.

Now I've started playing Terraria again and I've found 4 Reaver Sharks on the third day of game time. Lucky or not it was totally game-breaking.
So the nightmare pickaxe was unnecessary and so was unnecesary (mostly) the demonite ore. Same with the molten pickaxe. They feel so unimportant.

Basically I think it should be nerfed to less mining power & damage, or whatever balances it, because it is very easy to obtain: best pickaxe pre-hardmode with absolutely NO risk involved and almost no knowledge of the game is needed at all. Plus you can get it right away.

Sorry for the long post thanks for reading :)
It's up to you if you want to fish for it, A lot of people find fishing a boring experience, and it's still depending on RNG if you get it soon or late.

'Easy to obtain' comes with the risk that you have to travel to the ocean, the edge of the map, with a likely chance you've to cross crimson/corruption and the jungle. where most unexperienced players rather will avoid untill they're well equipped.

And even then, it's the same tier as the molten pickaxe, for the same reason you can also kill the EoW on first day with some grenades, and then directly dig a hellevator to get the molten pickaxe.

Fishing in general is borked. Once you get the proper equipment and potions, it takes virtually no effort to abuse the crates it gets you and completely break Pre-Hardmode and even early Hardmode progression using the sheer amount of money, ores and accessories that you get from it. The resources are easy to find - Fireflies and Worms are plentiful and are very easy to gather and farm at certain times; it doesn't take long to get a Reinforced or even a Sitting Duck Fishing Pole, if you have the money; the all-important Sonar Potions are easy to grind for with the other two potions being quite plentiful from Angler Quests; and it doesn't take much effort to locate a large enough body of water for fishing. The stuff that will help, but not certainly not required (eg. The gear for the Fishing Kit and the Angler Armor) will take a fair few Angler's Quests, but that's a non-issue given what Fishing will break. This is far easier, safer and faster to pull off than say setting up Mob grinders

It's up to you if you want to fish for it, A lot of people find fishing a boring experience, and it's still depending on RNG if you get it soon or late.

'Easy to obtain' comes with the risk that you have to travel to the ocean, the edge of the map, with a likely chance you've to cross crimson/corruption and the jungle. where most unexperienced players rather will avoid untill they're well equipped.

And even then, it's the same tier as the molten pickaxe, for the same reason you can also kill the EoW on first day with some grenades, and then directly dig a hellevator to get the molten pickaxe.

Rarity should not equal power. Design that does this encourages luck over skill, which is counterproductive to the experience Terraria serves to give the player.
The Demonite/Crimtane and Molten pickaxes are fine, as the player deserves the pickaxes if they manage to pretty much just speedrun through Pre-Hardmode. On the other hand, the only requirement for getting the Reaver Shark is being able to go out into the ocean and fish for an undetermined amount of time until you get the pickaxe and then you can suddenly mine everything Pre-HM as fast as what you would be at the end of Pre-HM. You have Corruption, Crimson and a possible Jungle to deal with but when you are capable of overcoming those obstacles, getting the Reaver Shark takes next to no skill if you have the proper equipment and you are patient enough to fish for it and there is very little risk involved. This is why the Reaver Shark is so unbalanced, because it takes virtually no skill to obtain one and incredibly safe to get in comparison to the skill and risk you are undertaking to kill the Eater of Worlds on Day 1 and then make a Hellevator to reach Hell to get the Molten Pickaxe.

Its not that hard to sprint across the crimson. Corruption is a little trickier, but doable.

Fishing is pretty op though. It makes everything so much easier for such little effort.

What would be interesting is if the item / weapon drops from monsters you encounter while fishing.
It's similar to how duke fishron works, except random. Say you are in the ocean, fishing. Suddenly, a shark like mini-boss jumps out of the water and starts attacking you. Killing him drops the reaver shark.

Um, this is feedback and bugs for 1.3.1 though. What's the point of doing suggestions for mechanics that have been here since 1.2.something on this thread? There is a suggestions subforum for this kind of thing.

Also my two cents on that: For all of you saying that you can pretty much fish the reaver shark immediately, have you even tried doing it? With good gear it is already a rare catch, but just try fishing it with crappy gear/bait. It will probably take so long you will have achieved getting the molten pickaxe the normal way in half the time.

Last edited:
Fishing / going to the ocean is easy: you can go there in plain day especially with double jump or a simple hook or fast walking boots. Mining hellstone from the underworld is not: you will need the nightmare pickaxe and to get it a lot of demonite ore is needed, even defeating the Eater of Worlds. Plus you need to dodge lava and constantly spawning imps from hell some of them teleporting and shooting at you with magic.
You can have the 3rd best fishing rod with the travelling merchant, The Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole (acomplished very fast), which also breaks the need to progress through all the fishing rods: I went from tier 2 fishing pole to a tier 7 almost immediatly.

Is someone SERIOUSLY whining about Reaver Shark having the same Pickaxe power as the Molten one? Man, that sucks. Not everyone dedicates its time to fishing, for starters. So what if the Traveling Merchant can randomly (and quite rarely as that) sell you the third most powerful fishing rod? Why are you so eager for having those items nerfed?

Let the people have fun and stop that whining, man.

It is about balancing the game not whining. With every update there will be game balance issues, we are just reporting them to help making a better game that's why we posted things like this on this thread and don't create a new one to complain. Balancing a game is the most difficult thing to achieve and it takes months if not years and I tell you this from game development experience. Take it or leave it Terraria is super fun to play we are just leaving personal feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom