1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hosting world on steam, its map resets. Tested on few characters, all of them has empty map on this world. Something like that never happened to me before 1.3.1

Reflective dyes works normally for me. At least copper/gold/obsidian ones.

I can open my inventory and then can't close it without the keyboard, I can't move while the inventory is open, and I can't seem to turn off the grid, crosshair or any of the other "console friendly features because a controller will never be as good as a mouse so we're going to help you" stuff.
Yes, it seems that the keybinding for "Inventory" doesn't work on gamepad menu controls.
Just thought of it. A simple fix to this controller support thing would be to just allow us to choose whether to use a keyboard or a controller, and just have it ignore the controller even if it is plugged in. Then Xpadder users can continue using their setups. Easy, simple, gives everyone what they want. :B
I tried deleting key settings for "Custom" entry in 'My Games\Terraria\input profiles.json', but no avail. Minimal key bindings are restored as default.
As a (dirty) workaround to disable X-Input compatible gamepad only for Terraria, try this (but not verified):
  1. download x360ce
  2. place 'xinput1_3.dll' and empty (0-byte) 'x360ce.ini ' at Terraria game folder

Last edited:
Just now I played in my post-moonlord 1.2-generated test world. I wanted to ue the player-detection logic sensor but after placing, it didn't activate when it should have. I tried replacing it but it didn't work. Multiple other ones I placed did not function either so I left the world. Upon reentering, it worked properly. I also used the corresponding character (1.2-generated, post-moonlord equip) and used The Grand Design to place wires etc.

Yes, it seems that the keybinding for "Inventory" doesn't work on gamepad menu controls.

I tried deleting key settings for "Custom" entry in 'My Games\Terraria\input profiles.json', but no avail. Minimal key bindings are restored as default.
As a (dirty) workaround to disable X-Input compatible gamepad only for Terraria, try this (but not verified):
  1. download x360ce
  2. place 'xinput1_3.dll' and empty (0-byte) 'x360ce.ini ' at Terraria game folder
THANK YOU SO MUCH! It works beautifully. Terraria doesn't think I have a controller plugged in, which lets Xpadder do its thing again. You've basically saved this game for me (yes, it was that bad, I am incapable of finger-control WASD. The only reason I can play it is my ability to WASD on the D pad... but then all the other controls messed things up.)

Thank you so much again. It's fantastic, it works great. You are amazing. :D

Consider the workaround verified!

Last edited:
How about a tool tip for the new uber tools. When I right clicked on say, the Grand Design and get a bunch of icons, I don't really know what those icons are. Hovering my cursor over 'em merely highlights them, but I'd like a name/tool tip. Now, granted, a map maker wouldn't be deterred by this. But someone who never handled wiring may find the icons only approach to be somewhat ambiguous?

I really like the new update so far - particularly the feature of The Grand Design that lets me place lengths of wire without having to place them one by one, as well as the feature that lets me place actuators and wires simultaneously. I also like the ability to turn off the paint sprayer when I don't want to use it as part of the Architect Gizmo pack. However, the fact that I can now no longer type on my physical keyboard to name chests is really annoying. I don't understand why I should have to manually click every letter I want to type even if I play with keyboard and mouse, and have no controller plugged in.

1. download x360ce
O my god the game is running! Idk who you are CathodeCat but i love you! Im going to edit my post in Technical Support so in case that someone have my same problem can see how i solved it. Ty again! :passionate:

Found a mouse-lock bug.
1. Run Terraria on Steam(PC).
2. Make sure that you are in Window mode.
3. Terraria starts. We are in Terraria main screen. Now Alt+Tab and come back here.

4. Now mouse doesn't work.
5. Press Enter key to de-bug...
(...)

Found a mouse-lock bug.
1. Run Terraria on Steam(PC).
2. Make sure that you are in Window mode.
3. Terraria starts. We are in Terraria main screen. Now Alt+Tab and come back here.

4. Now mouse doesn't work.
5. Press Enter key to de-bug...
(...)
Try pressing any key on keyboard, then click.

See also this:
Okay this seems to be a reoccurring bug for me:
Whenever I switch to another window on my computer and Terraria is still open (not minimized), when I switch back to the Terraria window, I cant use any swords/tools, or click anywhere on the screen to do anything. This continues until I either press the inventory button or move my character in any way, and after I do that, all is back to normal.

I've found a particularly odd bug, Whenever I use visible Living Flame Dye, that part of the character (including armor) becomes invisible and becomes a wildly flashing orange box around my character though according to my friend in multiplayer on his screen it looks completely fine to him.
t1.jpe
t2.jpe

#R.I.P Terraria,
Looks like no more Re-logic,505, Engine games for me....................

So 1.3.1 patch is out........ok so what do we all think???

Well for such a long wait to get a few new items for wiring was a shock......yeah yeah yeah i know there are a few other items as well but not really enough.
As for controller support ..... it locks up my game. i have a wired 360 controller and a ps4 controller and tried both to see if any work better than the other, but no both seem to want to lock up and you cant configure it cause that will lock the game up as well......

So instead of a long rant and rave..........i will say this......

PC terraria was great but a few new items is not enough of an update in my opinion......
Ps4 Terraria..... Well just sick of the constant it's a free update so you get it when you get it attitude........
Ps4 Pixel piracy......still broken cause you still can't attack anything of level 5 cause then it locks up with 2 ships ...

Think what it all comes down to is another Games Developer just looking at the dollar signs and not the customer base.
Terraria had such a huge customer base that it quite easily competed with the likes of minecraft and starbound. But now the developers whomever they may be......Re-logic, 505, Engine, seem to be spreading themselves thin trying to do too many things at once and not completing any.

Looking at the working games compared to the broken games i seriously don't hold out much hope for Terraria Otherworld........Yet another game i was so looking forward to but will never get now due to my lack of confidence in Re-Logic, 505 and engine.

Last edited:
#R.I.P Terraria,
Looks like now more Re-logic,505, Engine games for me....................

So 1.3.1 patch is out........ok so what do we all think???

Well for such a long wait to get a few new items for wiring was a shock......yeah yeah yeah i know there are a few other items as well but not really enough.
As for controller support ..... it locks up my game. i have a wired 360 controller and a ps4 controller and tried both to see if any work better than the other, but no both seem to want to lock up and you cant configure it cause that will lock the game up as well......

So instead of a long rant and rave..........i will say this......

PC terraria was great but a few new items is not enough of an update in my opinion......
Ps4 Terraria..... Well just sick of the constant it's a free update so you get it when you get it attitude........
Ps4 Pixel piracy......still broken cause you still can't attack anything of level 5 cause then it locks up with 2 ships ...

Think what it all comes down to is another Games Developer just looking at the dollar signs and not the customer base.
Terraria had such a huge customer base that it quite easily competed with the likes of minecraft and starbound. But now the developers whomever they may be......Re-logic, 505, Engine, seem to be spreading themselves thin trying to do too many things at once and not completing any.

Looking at the working games compared to the broken games i seriously don't hold out much hope for Terraria Otherworld........Yet another game i was so looking forward to but will never get now due to my lack of confidence in Re-Logic, 505 and engine.

Another salty child who doesn't understand how game dev works. Updates have bugs when they come out. 1.3 had to have SEVERAL patches post release but nobody cared then. Just because an update isn't for you doesn't mean it's a bad update. This has been required since the beginning of the game and I feel that easier map creation and better adventure maps is absolutely a great update.
If you don't buy a game purely because the company made an update you dislike, that's extremely childish. I don't think relogic give a single damn about their loss of you as a customer and it's selfish to think they would. They're not looking at a "dollar sign", they're looking at a huge section of their customer base you happen to not belong to just for one single update. Rant over.

On a related topic, picking up and placing huge gems from or into their sockets is a pain for me, it doesn't work 60% of the time, especially when smart cursor is targeting a door or something else, and I usually have to right click 3 or 4 times in order to place the gem back in.

Another salty child who doesn't understand how game dev works. Updates have bugs when they come out. 1.3 had to have SEVERAL patches post release but nobody cared then. Just because an update isn't for you doesn't mean it's a bad update. This has been required since the beginning of the game and I feel that easier map creation and better adventure maps is absolutely a great update.
If you don't buy a game purely because the company made an update you dislike, that's extremely childish. I don't think relogic give a single damn about their loss of you as a customer and it's selfish to think they would. They're not looking at a "dollar sign", they're looking at a huge section of their customer base you happen to not belong to just for one single update. Rant over.

On a related topic, picking up and placing huge gems from or into their sockets is a pain for me, it doesn't work 60% of the time, especially when smart cursor is targeting a door or something else, and I usually have to right click 3 or 4 times in order to place the gem back in.

Lol, Salty child........ I am probably old enough to be your dad.....

I understand updates come out and yeah there are issues and bugs........But what is QA for???

You are just looking at my comments about this update......and yes i agree this update is absolutely brilliant for map makers. But how many map makers are there compared to the customer base???

But anyway i am going to be a salty child and sit in the corner.......lol.

Is the block and wall placement range/speed component of the Architect's Gizmo supposed to work in the inventory? (not equipped) The painting part works fine from the inventory, but the other aspects of it are only working when equipped.

What was the reason behind the nerf of critter statues?
What warranted this? many people are upset with this change, and I think it should be reverted and changed, since many people now have more useless statues.

My Terraria won't even update to 1.3.1. I open the game, and it says it's still on 1.3.0.8. I've tried verifying the cache, and the first time I did this, something was downloaded, but now it doesn't find anything wrong, and it's still 1.3.0.8.

My Terraria won't even update to 1.3.1. I open the game, and it says it's still on 1.3.0.8. I've tried verifying the cache, and the first time I did this, something was downloaded, but now it doesn't find anything wrong, and it's still 1.3.0.8.
I would try restarting your steam as I had to do this after I opened it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom