• PC 1.4.3: An eye for an eye, the Terraria x Don't Starve Together Crossover Update! Get all the details here. Found some bugs? Report them with as much detail as possible here.
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • SWITCH 1.4: Journey's End will launch on Switch January 4, 2022! More details here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

Headless Horseman
I love how there are 10-plus pages of replies from people who haven't played the update yet (Sunday).
Having played every day since I think it was a great update and, starting a new world, it makes defeating Skeletron the biggest game-changer.
I love the higher-resolution graphics !

krzysk_1

Golem
I prefer Redstone
d64.gif

I just wanna say, major congrats with the controller support. I tried my XB1 controller tonight, and it worked straight off the bat... no trouble at all. Nice.

Ilmarinen

Terrarian
No, you could combine a Boulder with Pink Gel to make a Pink Boulder that bounces around.
I did a mock up of a Bouncy Boulder if you want to use it.
Bouncy Boulder.png

While I was at it I also did a Sticky Boulder.
Sticky Boulder.png
I'm not certain how that would work or why anyone would want one, but there you go.

pbq

Terrarian
Noticed on steam forums that you can switch between corruption/crimson during world generation by pressing RT on the controller. Is that true, and if so is it possible to do with keyboard/mouse somehow?

Ilmarinen

Terrarian
Noticed on steam forums that you can switch between corruption/crimson during world generation by pressing RT on the controller. Is that true, and if so is it possible to do with keyboard/mouse somehow?
Is this confirmed for real?

Tunnel King

Terrarian
Administrator
Can you provide a link? I'd be surprised if this was true, given that it wasn't announced in the change log.

We actually have no idea who runs the Steam Forums for Terraria, it is in no way an official outlet for news.

Tunnel King

Terrarian
Administrator
I still have my doubts that this is accurate. Corruption and Crimson have fundamentally different generation shapes and patterns, I don't think it's possible that you could notice it generating one type, then switch it over to the other mid-stream. There's more to it than just changing the tile and wall types.

Perhaps the report is stating that having RT pressed yields one type of world, not having it pressed yields the other - I also have my doubts about that. I'll make sure that @Leinfors notices this, though.

Elekrisk

Terrarian
I still have my doubts that this is accurate. Corruption and Crimson have fundamentally different generation shapes and patterns, I don't think it's possible that you could notice it generating one type, then switch it over to the other mid-stream. There's more to it than just changing the tile and wall types.

Perhaps the report is stating that having RT pressed yields one type of world, not having it pressed yields the other - I also have my doubts about that. I'll make sure that @Leinfors notices this, though.

After testing this I have found that RT restarts the generation process.

When the world starts generating, the XBox buttons for when you name your world still appears in the lower left corner. I think that when you press RT the name is submitted again, thus resetting generation.

Edit:
The crashes might be because generation is started again without the old generation being unloaded. That is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom