PC 1.3 Achievement Suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demon Slayer: Kill 666 Demons
Hardmode Activated: Kill the Wall of Flesh
Underworld Warrior: Kill the Wall of Flesh 10 times.
Underworld Master: Kill the Wall of Flesh 20 times.
King of the Underworld: Kill the Wall of Flesh 50 times.

I banish thee from this realm!: Destroy all demon altars in one world.
It's squishy!: Cover the entire world in Crimson.
Not pure enough: Completely eradicate any Corruption/ Hallow/ Crimson from a world.
Purple Haze: Cover the entire world in Corruption.
Tinkerbell: Cover the entire world in Hallow.

SPAAAAAAAAAACE!: Get to space.
There's no air in there: Kill a Wyvern in space.
No one can hear you scream: Die by a Wyvern in space.
That's no moon: Build a tower up to space (minimum 10 blocks wide).

Welcome to the Blood Bank: Kill 200 Vampires.
Something in the water: Kill 200 Creatures from the Deep.
Lending a Hand: Kill 500 Severed hands.
Slaughterhouse!: Kill 200 Butchers.
Deny Death: Kill 200 Reapers.
What has science done?!: Kill 200 Dr. Manflies.
It's alive!: Kill 500 Frankensteins.
It's (sort of) alive!: Kill 500 Fritzes.
Hammer Time!: Kill 200 Nailheads.
The Music of the Spheres: Kill 250 Deadly Spheres.
It's not human: Kill 200 Psychos.
Not the Thing: Kill 500 Swamp Things.
Don't sing to it: Kill 100 Mothrons.

Come on, guys, we need clever achievements! We need references! We need things nobody in their right mind would do if the achievement didn't exist!
WE NEED A MINECRAFT REFERENCE!! IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN. SOMEONE COME UP WITH ONE BC IM STUPID. We all know it needs to happen. Don't lie.

Completionist- Complete all other achievements

I would only do this achievement if you don't use all of these impossible suggestions like the baby slime vs king slime or these other ones that would be very hard or very very time consuming. (Like destroying 1,000,000 blocks -_-)

That was close
-Survive a hit from the Dungeon Guardian

Overkill
-Reach the final wave of the pumpkin moon before/at 3:00 am

Life on the edge
-Be at 1hp in hardcore mode

Time is not on your side
-Defeat any hardmode boss excluding skeletron prime at daytime (when they are flying away pretty much)

I know this would be a pain to get, but what about beating bosses such as the Wall of Flesh with a Hardmode character? Also how about one for making a railway from one end of the map to the other called 'Now we're rolling'.

I know this would be a pain to get, but what about beating bosses such as the Wall of Flesh with a Hardmode character? Also how about one for making a railway from one end of the map to the other called 'Now we're rolling'.
Well, someone could put a few tracks on the center of their world, and just sit in that for a while, and still get the achievement.
I propose that a person place a lot of asphalt blocks in the underworld, and get the achievement. "Speed Demon"
As for the Rails, iunno.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426189742][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's a suggestion.
"Well traveled." Walk 500,000KM Or something shorter... Whatever unit of measurement this game goes by :p

Is mayonnaise an instrument? --- get a song in a music box

Nope ---- summon eight dungeon guardians at once

FINISHING BLOW --- get a boss to low health, then kill it with a single meelee attack

Just... Why??? --- eat 102 pumpkin pies.

Not sure if this has been suggested since I'm not gonna read through 68 pages.

Kings blade - Craft Excalibur - "King Arthur had to pull this sword out, Meanwhile I just crafted it."
Do you even beam bro? - have all 5 (And any others that may be added in 1.3) beam swords in your inventory at once.
I got a BONE to pick with you - Wield the bone sword
Will add more if I can think of any.

Hi! I don't know if this is too late, I've been trying to post for ten days but finally I've got the right permissions...

The achievements I've seen so far are generally of two kinds:

a. replicate natural milestones in the game (e.g. beat boss x) that are already recognized through content unlocks and previously unobtainable resources
b. encourage a lot grinding (e.g. get all of item type y)

Personally I think that these kinds of achievements have their place but not very interesting. For type a, it's already cool to beat Plantera, the achievement is redundant except to show off to friends or the Steam Community. For type b, not everyone likes grinding; some of these achievements occur naturally (e.g. walk 10,000 steps)

I'd like more achievements that encourage a variety of playstyles. This increases replayability instead of just going around with your best character finishing all the achievements. I'm not sure about the balance of my suggestions (it's been a while since I've played) but I'm sure you can make necessary adjustments. Note that all these suggestions would require a fresh map and character in order to be fair.

1. get to and defeat boss x under conditions y (e.g. WOOD BOY [reference to Super Meat Boy]. get to and defeat the Eye of Chthulu without using any armor past wood. I'M NO CARTOGRAPHER. Beat Skeletron without enabling the minimap.)
2. do task x before task y (e.g. AFRAID OF THE DARK. visit both oceans and a floating island before exploring the caverns.)
3. do task x before time y (e.g. SPEED RUN. Beat the Wall of Flesh before ten nights have passed.)
4. do task x under conditions y (e.g. NO-PAUSE. Beat Plantera without pausing the game. TEAMWORK. Beat three previously unbeaten bosses with another player.)

I also like achievements that require breaking the apparent limits of the game.

1. deal over x damage in time y or in z hits (e.g. K.O. Do over 500 damage in a single hit.)
2. take or dodge x damage in time y without dying (e.g. SHRUG IT OFF. Take 1000 damage in three seconds.)
3. kill x enemies in time y (e.g. MASSACRE. Kill 100 enemies in 20 seconds.)
4. summon and kill x bosses under conditions y (e.g. summon and defeat three hardmode bosses during a solar eclipse).
5. move x distance without teleporting in y seconds (e.g. SUPERMAN.)
6. create a House surrounded by lava (e.g. DEVIL'S LAIR.)

Finally, I like "fun" achievements that recognize extreme negligence or error. This encourages risk-taking and perhaps rewards learning, as opposed to perfect play.

1. get killed by sprite x under conditions y (e.g. JAWS. While drowning, a shark killed you. JUST EMBARRASSING. While at 1/400 life, a green slime killed you.)
2. lose x value of items y distance away from spawn point (e.g. RETRACE YOUR STEPS. get killed on mediumcore/hardcore at least 10,000 feet from your spawn, then retrieve your items.)
3. get killed x times in a row in the same manner (e.g. Three times falling, or three times by a zombie, or three times by poison.)

I hope to see some interesting, unusual challenges like these.

"Terrarian" works in 4 stages:
Bronze: Kill 250 monsters.
Silver: Kill 500.
Gold: Kill 1000.
Platinum: Kill 2000.
Suggestions on this suggestion :) are welcome because I don't know if Gold and Platinum are hard enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom