Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem: Item Frame doesn't have a tooltip saying how to use it like the Weapon Rack does. Weapon Rack has White rarity while the Item Frame is Blue.

Speaking of, Weapon Rack isn't a very accurate name, and I think there's a better one. How about Weapon Plaque? :) (It's even got the same ring to it!)

Hey I'm a "linux" os user and I was wondering if you could give a estimation of when terraria will be released on linux platforms if you respond thank you. P.S Will linux terraria be on the 1.3 update? If it is you guys are amazing, as always

Do the idle cultists outside of the Dungeon respawn in any scenario? Or is there an item to make them do that? If not, will there be a way to make them respawn coming in a patch later down the road?

My name has never been so correct, as soon as I spawned as my new 1.3 character, a suspicious plant spawned right under me, and during the slime rain I got two slime staffs. I know they're now dropped more frequently by pinkie but neither of them was from that. On the subject of pinkie, I found two during the same slime rain. I also found a nymph my first mining trip (even though I was killed by it.) and I got godly on my amazon. Not to mention party girl spawning as soon as I had enough houses. I even found a golden squirrel the minute after I bought the bug net.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435810357,1435810149][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am wondering if this is a bug or was made different, but my money won't quick stack to my money in chest.
Yeah It's like that now, I know I kind of stinks, but it is hardly anything compared to the good.

Update: found two strange plants in the same day, as well as a 15 gold coin portal, oh yeah and the first time I found the skeleton merchant, he was selling counter weights and the yoyo glove, luckily I had enough money in my money trough.

Last edited:
EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK
Alright, so I've defeated the Eye of Cthulhu in Expert mode, and now I'm stuck on the Eater of worlds and Skeletron. They both seem to hit me too hard and too fast for me to dodge their attacks long enough to kill them, and I don't think there's much else I can do to improve my equipment. Does anyone have any advice on how to survive these two?

(also, I noticed that the Eater of Worlds isn't running away after I die, so if I wanted I could spawn back right next to him and keep fighting. I don't want to abuse a glitch though, especially since it will probably be patched pretty quickly.)

Linux and Mac will have 1.3

Sometime in July is the plan

My feedback is about "slime rain" event: and I think it needs an special sound track, someone else thinks like me?
sorry if someone else pointed that out already...

Hey I'm a "linux" os user and I was wondering if you could give a estimation of when terraria will be released on linux platforms if you respond thank you. P.S Will linux terraria be on the 1.3 update? If it is you guys are amazing, as always
Linux and Mac releases are TBD :/ but I'm quite certain they'll be at 1.3 upon release :)
Edit: ninja'd by Loki Xp

I have been noticing the people saying medusa is a really hard mob, so I have got the strategy for you.

Turn away and let minions attack (if acquired) :nymph: :happy:

Hi. I can't believe Terraria runs on my old laptop after the 1.3 update! It would be great if there would be an option to disable those 3D clouds, they drop the frame rate to 0.5 frames per second... yeah, really, I can count to two between the frames. It usually settles down after I go underground or the weather changes to less cloudy. Can you add an option for disabling the clouds? Or at least making them not to be on different layers... Thank you, everything else is just excellent!
Have you tried messing around with your video settings? Turning the background animation off might fix this issue. :)
(possible) EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK (because I'm not sure if this is also in Normal Mode)

The golden critters are great. Caught a Golden Squirrel and a Golden Sparrow last night with the bug net for 10 gold each :D It's hard to earn money early on in Expert Mode because of all the dying, so this is a great boon.
Gold critters occur in any mode I believe :) They're still awesome, I caught a golden bunny, but I put it in a terrarium rather than sell it :p

I think the problem with expert mode is that due to it being "for glory" the competitive types feel they need to do it for their pride, however, not everyone is skilled enough, and if you can't handle it, maybe, instead of blaming the game, consider that you as a player may just not be good enough yet.

Hm, Expert mode is very fun, but I can't seem to figure out how to covert current worlds to expert mode..
Anyways, sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I found a bug: When arms dealer shoots, he doesn't look like he is holding the gun, and there is no shoot sound. Might be same way for some other NPCs (No shoot/throw sound).

Anyways, I am loving 1.3

Maybe you could increase Moon Lord health from 50k to 100k? It is pretty easy to kill though it is the final boss.

(Enjoying 1.3 with my friend in coop)

Feedback kinda?
day 3 in terraria land, still rushing towards the underground desert with a new character. It's the hive. It beckons me to find the new content within it. When will I learn that, with the ever expanded family of antlions, I shouldn't be here. Still, with my 360 hide behind wall skills, I've made some progress until a worm 2 shotted me that it's time I bailed. At least short supply in mandibles wouldn't be a problem any longer.

day 4, noticed a golden squirrel not far from whence I spawn. I don't know what it is but I felt compelled to catch it... Alas I dun have bug net. I'll be ready next time, I hope...

Mage felt like the easiest way to go in expert early on, I've never relied on my gem staffs than ever before.
Maybe you could increase Moon Lord health from 50k to 100k? It is pretty easy to kill though it is the final boss.

(Enjoying 1.3 with my friend in coop)
Mercy:D:D:D

Hm, Expert mode is very fun, but I can't seem to figure out how to covert current worlds to expert mode..
Anyways, sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I found a bug: When arms dealer shoots, he doesn't look like he is holding the gun, and there is no shoot sound. Might be same way for some other NPCs (No shoot/throw sound).

Anyways, I am loving 1.3
Expert is only available upon world creation, there is no way to convert old worlds to expert :)

Glad you're enjoying yourself though! :)

I have been noticing the people saying medusa is a really hard mob, so I have got the strategy for you.

Turn away and let minions attack (if acquired) :nymph: :happy:

If that works, it's pretty neat. The problem however is that Medusa can kill you before you're even aware of her presence. That's how my first encounter went. I was exploring the jungle and just saw the marble biome at the edge of the screen. I suddenly turned to stone mid-jump, and took 300-something damage from falling about 12 tiles. Medusa wandered onto the screen as the tombstone settled.

Medusa absolutely needs some kind of fix. There are a lot of ways it could happen. Here are a few off the top of my head:
  • A range limitation might work, but its effectiveness really depends on the player's screen resolution or window size. Not very ideal.
  • Warning growls or other sound effects when it spawns AND when it attains line of sight would at least let the player know danger is lurking.
  • Display an effect on the player when they're in her line of sight and she's getting ready to stone them. This would be similar to how the Arch-Vile in Doom 2 charges up before asploding you.
  • Have the game draw a line showing her line of sight, sort of like what some FPS games do with sniper enemies. After being on you for a second or two, it would pause briefly and then "fire" the stone curse. This would give you a brief window to dodge it.

1) You can't use hooks anymore unless they're in your hook slot; I really miss that =/ Sometimes you just want to test a different one without having to switch 'em.
2) "Crafting window" button used to be above materials, now it's below. The problem is, the "Crafting window" in Guide's GUI is still above materials. //I'd love to have it above again...

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

Some more about the expert mode. I had a character at 400 hp started way back when, in full adamantite armour and decent accessories. I used him to rush through pre-hard-mode, just to see if it was worth trying to advance at all, because bosses.... And items wise it sure is worth it, but the harmode bosses... Are you nuts?!?

Again: We're talking 400 hp in Adamantite armour here, along with the corresponding weapons, basically the best possible gear available before defeating any of the three mechanical bosses. The Destroyer dealt over 200 points worth of damage to me, as in: I am potentially a "2-shot". In normal mode he deals around 60 if I remember correcty, we're talking more than three times the damage here. Along with his probes, which negate your healing potions to some extent, there is no need to tell you about the outcome, right?... Is THAT really what you have had in mind when creating this mode? If so, just say "yes" and I'll keep my mouth shut, so we can be done here.

For the sake of giving you an idea where I come from, I have no issues dodging the Halloween final wave bullet-hell. No kidding, I barely get hit and I can survive till the break of dawn with any given character class, even as a summoner I can get there on a regular basis. But let's be honest for just a moment here:

No matter what, at some point in time during these already significantly longer lasting battles, you will take some hits. There is no arguing with that. But being able to take only one or two heavy hits before practically knocking on heaven's door is a little harsh, to say the least. One may argue that dodging the destroyers movement is not too hard in and off itself, but his probes have also been buffed a fair bit.

I have also had a look at Skeletron Prime, I did not manage to kill him, but this guy seems to be more on the fair side of things, as far as I can tell. I just did not have a proper arena ready at the time he randomly spawned (third night in Hardmode btw), but really wanted to have a look anyways, so I didn't get too far (Killed 3 of his arms which took a considerably long time). I have not yet looked at the twins, but if they are similarly damaging as the destroyer is (Also taking the EoC's rampage at low health into account), I won't spend any time in expert mode, on the basis of a fresh playthrough, unless there are changes being made. I am aware that expert mode is intended to be a lot more challenging, but to me the usual enemies seem rather like "advanced-mode", while the bosses appear to be "god-tier". So even if you have no trouble dealing with the lesser threats, the bosses can easily decimate "seasoned" and agile players in no time.

And that one question I forgot to ask earlier: Why is the gap in difficulty between "trash-mobs" and bosses so insanely high most of the time (If we ignore things like the Angry trapper + 200 dmg per hit, which may get you by surprise in dark jungle areas)? Unless you are lacking damage and, thus, get outnumbered, the usual fighting while spelunking is taking some more skill and noteably more effort, the boss fights on the other hand seem way over the top compared to that.

Man, in pre-hardmode you have trouble getting any damage in at all. The Brain(s) of Cthulu is one hell of an executioner... And then you look past that curtain to find out you can get your life ended with potentially 2 hits? Can we maybe keep it real for one second?

Can't wait to hear SzGamer227's opinion on that one. It's not like the devs have been specifically asking for feedback on that all-new difficulty from anybody who is confident and daring enough to have look, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom