Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey terraria devs if you are reading this or anyone with contact of the terraria devolpers please send them this, me and my friend were playing terraria expert mode and we finally beat the twins and we both got the treasure bag and I opend mine and got the normal mechanical wheel peice and so did he, but he also got the entire jim's set of armor including wings, we were both sitting here in awe about what just happend and I am kinda confused so first I went on the wiki to see the drop chance but they were not even on there so then I went here to post it, thanks and have a nice day :)

P.s totally hated the fact a solar eclipse was going on whilst I was trying to fight moon lord. Does this always happen, or was it sheer coincidence? ]
Sheer coincidence :p
Hello, I have always used those I think are minimum settings but it lags anyway... Yeah, I have one Gold Squirrel aswell.
Ah I'm sorry, I'm not sure what else you can do except maybe play with a smaller window :/

Hey terraria devs if you are reading this or anyone with contact of the terraria devolpers please send them this, me and my friend were playing terraria expert mode and we finally beat the twins and we both got the treasure bag and I opend mine and got the normal mechanical wheel peice and so did he, but he also got the entire jim's set of armor including wings, we were both sitting here in awe about what just happend and I am kinda confused so first I went on the wiki to see the drop chance but they were not even on there so then I went here to post it, thanks and have a nice day :)
This isn't actually a bug, they are legit obtainable, 5% chance to be obtained from hardmode expert bags and free to use :) also the wiki now has info about it.

This isn't actually a bug, they are legit obtainable, 5% chance to be obtained from hardmode expert bags and free to use :) also the wiki now has info about it.

Which is a total mind-:red:, considering up until two days ago if you got them you'd die a horrible, horrible death. A shame they were nerfed, considering the drop chance, but still. 's cool they've been made officially available regardless.

I'd like to mention two more things, first of all, the endgame melee armor's stats(at least from what I've seen in the video, sorry if it was changed already) seem to be kinda low, especially when compared to the beetle armor, more damage and melee speed would really be nice, but it's still a great armor.

Also is the "moon lord not despawning when teleporting" a bug or a actual feature ? I've seen people drag him away from the base and then warp back to the nurse when on low HP, but I'd like to know if that's a legit allowed strategy or not.

Which is a total mind-:red:, considering up until two days ago if you got them you'd die a horrible, horrible death. A shame they were nerfed, considering the drop chance, but still. 's cool they've been made officially available regardless.
True, but I don't think they have been nerfed too bad, the only real thing that got nerfed were Red's wings.

All strats are legit strats until the devs decide they're not. >_>

Also, kiting's considered legit in tons of games. ...Though that 'is' just about the only boss in Terraria that I personally know of that doesn't despawn after the last player's died.

Wait I thought the item stack sizes were universal now? My torches are still stacking to 99, sticky bombs 50, and bars [ingots] only to 99. :/

Yeah, that looks like an annoying one. That said, Leinfors already acknowledged it on the bug report forum, and one can sometimes unintentionally cause delays on fixes (or just irritate the people working on them) when they start re-posting or cross-posting.

I know we can get impatient when there's bugs and glitches, but multiple postings from one person about an issue aren't gonna speed it up, and honestly they probably won't pop out a hotfix just for one relatively speaking minor issue. Give 'em a little while, mate. They'll have it fixed as soon as they can.

I just wanted to say that this is how I expected to feel when Star Wars I (#4) came out, *before* I saw it, of course. WOW! Thank you all! I feel a tear welling up...

The game worked without any problem with previous versions. Now the game crashes at launch after a short black screen with the following windows error messge :

Code:
Signature du problème :
  Nom d’événement de problème:    APPCRASH
  Nom de l’application:    Terraria.exe
  Version de l’application:    1.3.0.3
  Horodatage de l’application:    55958905
  Nom du module par défaut:    clr.dll
  Version du module par défaut:    4.0.30319.1
  Horodateur du module par défaut:    4ba1d9ef
  Code de l’exception:    c0000005
  Décalage de l’exception:    0008b8c4
  Version du système:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:    1036
  Information supplémentaire n° 1:    5a62
  Information supplémentaire n° 2:    5a627b7b446a68d77f9dbcad34ff81b8
  Information supplémentaire n° 3:    0de2
  Information supplémentaire n° 4:    0de2080aafae72be8ee5f284123ec0d8

Lire notre déclaration de confidentialité en ligne :
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x040c

Si la déclaration de confidentialité en ligne n’est pas disponible, lisez la version hors connexion :
  C:\Windows\system32\fr-FR\erofflps.txt

I can't find any crash report in terraria folder. I tried reinstalling the game without success. Then unistalled, deleted every terraria folders, reinstalled .NET and XNA frameworks with antivirus disabled, then reinstalled the game again, the issue stays the same.

At that point, I'm just sad and out of ideas.

Thanks, but I'd rather see her ability's visuals reduced, or limit her using it when she or another npc/player is actually attacked.
It's a ranged weapon and it's useless if something keeps attacking her because she stops every time something hits her. Yeah, it's kind of annoying.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435869192,1435869091][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sheer coincidence :p

Ah I'm sorry, I'm not sure what else you can do except maybe play with a smaller window :/
Well, thank you anyway. I use max settings now because I noticed it doesn't increase lag for some reason...

All strats are legit strats until the devs decide they're not. >_>

Also, kiting's considered legit in tons of games. ...Though that 'is' just about the only boss in Terraria that I personally know of that doesn't despawn after the last player's died.
Well, I don't want my strategies to not work anymore, also with it not despawning makes me wonder if it's meant to be like that as the complete Lunar event.

well.... Here goes nothing.

Duke Fishrons 3rd form in the expert mode is super hard - even with fishron wings, spectre armor, frog legs, and the whirlwind typoon, I can't beat his 3rd form. He doesn't seem to get hurt while being invisible (not sure if thats intended or not) but it makes him nearly impossible withought using some kind of minecart farming thing with the lazer minecart.

The royal gel doesnt work for me - I have no idea why

the fight with the moon lord is so laggy for me it all comes down to luck - I cant see where im going or what im doing, and I have a decent computer...

although, on a more positive note, the eye of cthulu shield is awesome, and reminds me of the shields they have in tf2, which are fun <3

finally, on a non-expert-mode note, there should be some way to force the martian madness invasion.

Keep up the good work! :D

EDIT:
with the event thingy where there are 4 towers that you have to destroy after killing the sun god dude, whos name escapes me as of right now, normal events still happen while thats going on, and that makes it a lot harder. I had a blood moon followed by a solar eclipse during one of my attempts >.<

Last edited:
*random pirate invasion starts*
me: Oh sweet! Theres a new miniboss for this, right?
*beats pirate invasion withought seeing it...*
*random goblin invasion starts*
me: cool, theres a new miniboss for this one too, right? Since im in hardmode or something like that...
*beats goblin invasion (the new miniboss for that one is cool <3)*
*random martian madness starts*
me: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF THESE ALL OF A SUDDEN??? also cool, though, because UFO's :3
*beats martian madness*
*random blood moon starts*
me: RED AND CYNX, SPARE MY SOUL! :(
*blood moon ends*

(this all happened withing about a half hour)

the reason I had to tell you this is because the invasion chance seems to have gone up A TON. Plz, change their chance to be a bit lower or something....
Also, whatever happened to the pirate invasion miniboss?
Finally, are you guys just not doing the thing where enemy npc's move into your world and build castles and whatever that you can loot and destroy, or is that coming soon as a suprise update? Because that sounded really awesome :3

Problem: I'm unintentionally right-clicking on my spawn point when I'm trying to interact with NPCs (mainly the Nurse). This is very inconvenient, especially when I don't notice and I end up canceling my spawn point without noticing. :(

Problem: I'm unintentionally right-clicking on my spawn point when I'm trying to interact with NPCs (mainly the Nurse). This is very inconvenient, especially when I don't notice and I end up canceling my spawn point without noticing. :(
If you right-click on the bed again, it will cancel the spawn set now, though it probably reverts to the original spawn and not what you set it to previously.

Where can I see the crash report from my terraria becouse it keeps crashing but it does not give me any reason why.

Where can I see the crash report from my terraria becouse it keeps crashing but it does not give me any reason why.
In the folder where Terraria is installed - NOT the worlds/players location, where Steam/GOG installs the game itself - there should be a file called 'client-crashlog.txt'.

well it didn't make any crash reports for the game so I have no idea why does it stop (I almost killed the moon lord when my whole game and my steam client stopped working) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom