Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you right-click on the bed again, it will cancel the spawn set now, though it probably reverts to the original spawn and not what you set it to previously.
Yeah, but it's a pain when I don't notice it, which is a lot easier than you might expect when you're under invasion from Martians or Celestial Pillars. :confused:

many thanks to all developers for this great game new version doesnt seems to be have much newer endgame armor(only new endgame armor for each class?)but it has so many new things+expert mode so even when veteran players reach new endgame items they can start new character and new world with expert mode to enjoy completely new adventure

One bug I've found is that, when hitting a target dummy with my melee weapons that are/fire a projectile and wearing my beetle armor (Scale Mail), the beetles will never appear (and the damage bonus will not be applied) if I hit it with the projectile part. Ex: Terra Blade's projectile, any yo-yo, paladin's hammer, etc. The beetles appear normally with all of these weapons when used on real enemies, just not with the target dummy. This is a small bug (at least I think it's a bug), but it would be nice to see how much damage I do with full beetle armor buff active when I use melee weapons.

Quick Stack doesn't work for coins & ammo
Also, micromanagement is still painful. Maybe there is NPC which will manage your stuff in chests instead of you ?? ^__^

The change to the moon lord is a pain, the debuff is fine, but the debuff lasting for 20 seconds is not so fine. At this point the fight is "shoot giant health sponge, die in the 20-15 seconds of the debuff because you already used your health potion.

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK
Alright, so I've been fighting skeletron a lot recently, and I keep dying the same way every time. When I get hit while he's doing his skull spin attack, I keep getting juggled by his knockback, and every time this happens I take 4-5 hits at once and there's nothing I can do about it. It's extremely frustrating that he's able to punish me so much from such a small misstep, especially when I get so close to beating him...

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK
Alright, so I've been fighting skeletron a lot recently, and I keep dying the same way every time. When I get hit while he's doing his skull spin attack, I keep getting juggled by his knockback, and every time this happens I take 4-5 hits at once and there's nothing I can do about it. It's extremely frustrating that he's able to punish me so much from such a small misstep, especially when I get so close to beating him...[/QUOTE]

It's because he also moves faster when spinning in expert mode. The only way I could beat him was with a mount or a good double jump item. both accompanied by a swiftness potion. But given the limited options early on in the game, some of these bosses are over the top from my point of view.

Can we change the Star Wrath from cyan to red tier? It just keeps things consistent with the damage it currently is able to deal.

It's because he also moves faster when spinning in expert mode. The only way I could beat him was with a mount or a good double jump item. both accompanied by a swiftness potion. But given the limited options early on in the game, some of these bosses are over the top from my point of view.
Yeah, these bosses are pretty tough. Skeletron seemed impossible to fight at first, but it felt really great when I finally learned how to kite him. Of course, that was ruined when he basically killed me in two hits by stun-locking me. I would have beaten him if I had some way to avoid his knockback in that one attack.

I think the devs are watching too much sci-fi. I have heard of a few new bugs in 1.3 . besides that I love almost everything they added in 1.3

So hype bout 1.3 and mining mount but then saw how to make it and was like...............so far away! wwwwhhhhhyyyyyyyyy

I know this has been mentioned a lot already but the Moon Lord really needs to be nerfed. The tongue bite range and speed is hairpulling, annoying, and frustrating. You can't dodge it unless you are completely out of range from him. You can't break the tongue, therefore the fact his new "No healing benefit" debuff is applied 24/7. He throws the tongue out even before the debuff if worn off. I know this is the last boss but I don't want to be getting enraged over a game I should be enjoying with a casual tense fight. This is just a throw every word in the book at the screen and hope you get that potion downed while dodging 50,000 projectiles as well as thinking you can avoid the stupid tongue. Please. Oh my god please just a simple nerf to his tongue would make it so much less frustrating. Something needs to be changed about it. Otherwise love the update.

Alright, I have too bugs to report.

The first one is the Eater of worlds in expert mode doesn't run away when you kill it, meaning someone could come back to the fight after dieing if they set their spawn close enough.

The second one is the infinite water glitch that was patched a while back seems to have returned. I was digging a hellevator which got flooded, and when I opened it up to the underworld and let it drain for several minutes, the water level at the top hadn't changed at all.

Bug report: I noticed this earlier, the rocket boots particle changes only when dye is placed in the third slot, if it's been fixed nvm.

Never thought I'll depend on the nurse so much.
Will it be better if the expert drop be rarer or after 5 or 10 kills?

Loving the update, for the most part... I'm so glad wire will properly stack in the ammo slots, now.

However, all that time I thought the new interface changes would be saving me is being spent manually converting coins when I manually remove them from the coin slots and manually place them in a chest.

When I move my coins out of the coin slots, to my inventory, then try to "Quick Stack" them, nothing happens.

"Deposit All" will cause my coins to auto sort into a chest, even if they're in my coin slots (but it's a pain to use, since it also dumps any 'non-favorite' item).

Sometimes stacks of 100 coins will auto-convert to the next denomination upon being deposited in a chest, but sometimes they don't.
If I converted the time I've spent fiddling with this fake money to actual minimum wage money, I'd have probably earned enough to buy my friend his own copy of Terraria.

/first-world problems. :mad:

I'd rather fight Space Lord Mother Mother The Moon Lord ten times than fight a handful of Crawltipedes: Those bastards are the bane of my existence. :p ...but I'd still rather fight Crawltipedes than manually sort and convert every coin I pick up.

Last edited:
EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK
Alright, This is being written under the context of a Multiplayer Expert mode run with 4 people, I myself have been playing since the game first launched, another guy got it a month or two later, the third one when 1.3 came out, and the last one got it mid-way between 1.2 and 1.3
First, I want to say that I am very impressed with Expert Mode. I was worried it'd be a lot like other game's challenge modes which only make me think "I could have probably won this if I wasn't doing a challenge mode." I never once thought this will playing expert mode, instead when we lost I only thought of how to better plan our fights, as well as consider upgrading gear further, such as when we lost to Skeletron, we came back with better gear and won.

First, lets talk about basic enemies. many of them felt like a nice improvement, for the first time in perhaps 3 and a half years I actually felt afraid of skeletons and slimes again. However, there are some enemies that could be redone, such as medusa, who can turn you to stone when you aren't even remotely close to it. Or the javelin users who hit for way too hard for pre-hard mode.

Now the bosses, I'll talk about each of them at a time

EoC: this one didn't actually feel that much worse than its original form, the only difference is I couldn't do it in iron armor and a silver bow like I used to, I needed tungsten armor and a gold bow to do it this time.

BoC: This one... was pathetically easy, like, I actually had an easier time in expert mode than I did in normal mode, unless you nerfed it HARD in 1.3, the first stage was quickly taken care of with a BoG, and then we just spammed the remainder of it with frostburn arrows and magic staffs

EoW: we actually loaded a second, corruption world in order to get that scarf, this fight was actually much more challenging than the original, and required actual movement and dodging instead of just facetanking like I used to do.

Skeletron: OK, this one became really hard, before I could just fire a few arrows at it and call it a day, but this one completely destroyed us our first attempt, we went back later and just barely won (3 dead and I only had a bit of HP left)

WoF: This one we went into unprepared and it taught us that going in half-:red:'d like we usually do wasn't going to cut it. we had to actually build a platform for us to run on, something we haven't done since 1.1 first released.

Destroyer: We cheesed this one so hard, we had an aerial minecart system from out base to the dungeon, so when we summoned it, we just jumped on the cart and drove back and forth, the destroyer was never ever able to hit us, so we just fired spells and bullets from above until it was dead.

The Twins: We also cheesed this one so hard, we rode on the rails again, this time the two eyes got split up, with 1 person playing keep-a-way with one while myself and the other two handled the other, which was harmless on its own. once it was dead the fourth member returned to us and we easily dispatched the second eye

Skeletron Prime: This one wasn't nearly as hard as its former variant, we simply took out the limbs, then I jumped in and hacked its skull into pieces. it really wasn't that much different than what I'm used to in normal mode, except it took longer

Plantera: oh boy this annihilated us the first time. so we dug out a large box near a flower and built platforms for easier maneuvering. I also obtained the Terrablade between attempts so that helped

Golem: Pathetic. it was by far the easiest and most pathetic boss in normal mode, and that stands true, perhaps even more true, in Expert Mode.

Cultist: This one I was expecting to be trouble, but it actually went down quickly and without trouble

Solar Tower: THESE THINGS HIT LIKE A TRUCK WITH A SPIKE PAD GLUED TO THE FRONT. like seriously, I had tanky armor and I was still pretty much always below 25% health, and I even had the Vampire Knives.

Nebula Tower: These things don't hurt as much but the blinding debuff it gives makes it rather hard to aim the knives or other projectiles, as well as making dodging really really hard. perhaps my favorite tower simply because its difficult, but not as painful as the Solar Tower

Vortex Tower: this is where it starts getting disappointing. this tower is very easy to take out, especially given we had UFO and Fishron mounts, making is so their gravity effects hurt much less than they would if we had to use wings.

Stardust Tower: as much of a joke as the class it represents, with no dangerous debuff and pathetically weak enemies, this is basically the tower we do last to basically give ourselves a break before...

Moon Lord: Its. Huge. we weren't really used to its mechanics at first so we lost our first attempt, however our second attempt was much more successful, my Daybreak made quick work for the limbs, which I fired while moving around on my UFO mount. the boss also oddly does not seem to target NPCs, allowing me to go back to my house and heal up without the nurse getting killed. this made the boss easy once we got used to it, even with the debuff that stops my knives from working.

To wrap this up, I'll talk about how we played
It started out as Myself with the melee class + a gun sidearm, the guy who started a few months after release and the guy from 1.1 playing magic, and the newest guy playing melee. However, once we passed into hard mode, the new guy was slipping behind, we realized that melee probably isn't a good class for a new guy, especially on Expert, so we switched him to offensive magic, while the guy who started a few months after released went ranged and the guy from 1.1 went supportive magic. Once I obtained the Terra Blade, I ditched my side arm and went Melee + a minion

Everything is awesome! Finally a boss that I can't just use specter set with hood on and eat its face, thank you.
The sounds the martians make are hilarious, and their drops surprisingly good for how easy they are.
But I have one problem: Nebula armor might be a bit on the OP side. Nothing major, just that the pick-up buffs are dropped by dealing ANY type of damage. I mean, before I had the Nebula set I had trouble staying alive against the solar pillar. Now I just stand still with the shiny stone (expert mode Golem item), a Star veil and other defensive accessories, and a Vortex beater with chlorophite bullets?! Moving only to pick up the health nebulas. I really think that's kind of odd amd would suggest changing it so they only drop while dealing magic damage.

Not sure why, but the game keeps automatically alt tabbing in full screen mode, meaning it takes me to my desktop and I have to reselect terraria to get back into the game. It happens about 10 minutes in every time I play, but doesn't occur again after that. Its very annoying.

It could be my computer being stupid, but it wasn't happening in 1.2.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom