Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a Downloaded terraria and i loved the game, so i decided to buy it!!

but i dont now if i can still play with my best friend ((he has a downloaded version and maybe he is going to wait a 1.3 link))

is there a way to keep playing with him??

- sry for my english :redspin: -

First-time poster, very long-time player here. Here are my first impressions of 1.3.

* Thank you so much for the quick-sort-to-nearby-chests button. That saves me more time than you could possibly imagine...
* Medusas seem a little overpowered... They can petrify any time they're in the same general area as you (line-of-sight not required), and I'm not sure if it was a bug or not, but I was instakilled from near-max health when one petrified me in mid-air. I'm hesitant to even jump in the Marble biome now!
* I love the summonable piggy bank! It completely revitalizes the piggy bank and makes it genuinely better than the safe.
* The cursor is still way too small. I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing that, but it's true! 8x8 is too microscopic to track on a 1920x1200 display, especially in a hectic battle.
* Money is much easier to come by in Expert mode. Seriously, I had 2 platinum before I even defeated the Wall of Flesh, without really trying to build up funds either. It helps that I'm constantly putting money in the piggy bank, granted. I definitely approve, as grinding for funds is just about the most boring thing imaginable.
* Overall, I'm quite satisfied! 1.2.3 rubbed me the wrong way, 1.2.4 definitely felt like an improvement, and 1.3 is a clearly superior product

Reactions: Bas
Ok, I've been a long time Terrarian, but I haven't got home yet from work to play 1.3. I'm chillin at work and I log on to the forums to check out how things are going for everyone and there it is....pages and pages of complaints. I understand the hype is real, and the frustration of something not working right away, but seriously, lets cut Red and the team some slack. They've given us a game (in an ocean of survival crafting games) that, in my opinion, outshines them all. They have charged us a one time fee (not exeeding $15) and given us hundreds of hours of gameplay. Any issues 1.3 may have, I'm sure they will work out and fix very soon.

So, in conclusion, everybody chill out and don't dis the team; Let them know about the bugs, but stop fussing over them.

I guess I just wanted to say, thanks to the dev. team for all the hours and hard work. I'm about to leave for home and enjoy 1.3 for the first time; I look forward to it, to Terraria: Overworld, and even if it is buggy to start, I still thank the dev. team for their hard work on a game I invested in years ago, but keeps getting better.

Some serious feedback about the final boss here:
Please make both the pillars and the Moon Lord himself (and possibly the crazed coven guy) have a debuff aura which reduces vamping effects (spectre/vampire knives) by a significant amount, it is very disappointing how a boss which seems to be very cool and challenging can just be grinded and cheesed by using healing tools, it also takes away from that whole awe-inspiring thing.
Everybody suggest a debuff that prevents life steal

Wyverns can now spawn anywhere
or at least, ground level hallow and ...the fleshy one... and 3 minutes apart

Also, Bright Brown Dye isn't a very great color, and is in fact a lot more grey than it is brown. I equipped the Iron Minecart with it, and get this, it turned it's already light brown hue to a boring desaturated stone color. Maybe increase the Bright Brown Dye's saturation a bit, please?

Trying to play the game, but crashes occur way too often. Also, it somehow manages to kick me out of Steam Client.

Problem: Handing the Guide a favorited item in the crafting interface un-favorites it, which could be problematic if went unnoticed.

Have not tested the other NPC interfaces, but I imagine they would the same.

Reactions: Bas
I got a server crash when hosting an expert world, same thing doesn't happen with a regular world. Crash happened with the standalone server downloaded from here as well as with the gog server, steam server presented no problems, even with expert world. Crash log:

01/07/2015 00:20:18
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Main.get_expertMode()
at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Single scaleOverride)
at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaults(String Name)
at Terraria.NPC.netDefaults(Int32 type)
at Terraria.Main.InitLifeBytes()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.DedServ()
at Terraria.ProgramServer.InnerStart(String[] args)

The solar pillar boss is for some reason absurdly hard. The other 3 pillars weren't too bad with previous end game gear, came close to death a couple times but never died on those 3, but for some reason the solar pillar enemies are ridiculous. I've probably died 8 times already, i've even tried to go full spectre with healing which got me further but alas I still died. Please look into it as the difficulty is NOT consistent with the pillar bosses.

The solar pillar boss is for some reason absurdly hard. The other 3 pillars weren't too bad with previous end game gear, came close to death a couple times but never died on those 3, but for some reason the solar pillar enemies are ridiculous. I've probably died 8 times already, i've even tried to go full spectre with healing which got me further but alas I still died. Please look into it as the difficulty is NOT consistent with the pillar bosses.
The difficulty is definitely consistent. Some may be slightly harder or easier than others. However, I recommend a good mobbing weapon to keep monsters in check. I recommend the Razorblade Typhoon; Drop from duke fishron. Just saying, if you have trouble with the invasions, you'll see what's coming to you after them; Moon lord. Good luck :)

I accidentally summoned a solar eclipse pre-hardmode. So I was in the jungle and I came across the opening to the jungle temple so like any other terrarian I explored the entrance, whilst exploring the entrance I found a chest with a solar tablet in it and started walking back home to put it in my chest, I had the tablet in my hotbar and accidentally clicked it and summoned a solar eclipse :I Since my world is on expert mode I'm getting destroyed.

The difficulty is definitely consistent. Some may be slightly harder or easier than others. However, I recommend a good mobbing weapon to keep monsters in check. I recommend the Razorblade Typhoon; Drop from duke fishron. Just saying, if you have trouble with the invasions, you'll see what's coming to you after them; Moon lord. Good luck :)
its not that, like I said the other 3 were about the same in difficulty, but for some reason the solar pillars enemies just kill me so quickly. I've gone from menacing to warding accessories, typhoon/spectre combo, chloro bullets, its like just crazy. That stupid serpent enemy that can only be hit in the tail needs to gtfo lol if it wasnt for that I might be a little better off

its not that, like I said the other 3 were about the same in difficulty, but for some reason the solar pillars enemies just kill me so quickly. I've gone from menacing to warding accessories, typhoon/spectre combo, chloro bullets, its like just crazy. That stupid serpent enemy that can only be hit in the tail needs to gtfo lol if it wasnt for that I might be a little better off
Don't worry, with the Razerblade Typhoon's homing ability, all will be well. Just make sure you jump and fly a bit to dodge eruptions and mobs.With that, you're fine. Oh and one other thing, use a spectre HOOD. This is very important. Good luck once again :)

Don't worry, with the Razerblade Typhoon's homing ability, all will be well. Just make sure you jump and fly a bit to dodge eruptions and mobs.With that, you're fine. Oh and one other thing, use a spectre HOOD. This is very important. Good luck once again :)
Yes I've got all that. I actually just lasted a lot longer now but again with this bull:red:. I was nearly at 600hp and all of a sudden I get hit by a sroller and die. ONE HIT? ridiculous! I have on the invincibility accessory so it wasnt multiple hits as I just saw my hp. This is absurd. The update is awesome but this is plain unenjoyable. The enemies need some kind of damage nerf. I'm on expert which of course is harder, but I havent died to ANYTHING, not a boss or anything (well the martian madness saucer killed me once but >.> ) except to this stupid solar pillars enemies. ARRGGHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom