PC 1.3 Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read the first part of the post, not all of it but i liked the first part anyway and thats whats counts ^^ * and im still not drunk nuff to not edit what i write to be read able

have you found anything in the video that no one else have found <-- just to stay on topic ^^
TL;DR you have a not safe for begginers tumblr blah

Expert at programming or not, I'm pretty sure creating new AI's is a time-consuming task.

Which in turn may require increased cpu performance and requirements, as they want to avoid forcing the game to use more cpu demanding levels. Can't say that is the goal, but after all, the game is minor in its simplicity and yet, complex in its depravity (coding wise), I hear a lot of complaints about performances on machines that are highly leveled class. Though, you cannot blame the fault on Terraria itself, mainly its XNA / .Net that deserves 99% of the blame. It's just not utilizing 4-8 cores lol.

I do think they are working on tweaking performances though. If they added new AI mechanics or deeper ai thought, you can imagine it requires a bit more cpu just to process that thought.

PS.
NYAN CAT makes appearance in Terraria, the world and our stomachs are doomed!

Keep in mind that 1.3 is still far away from completion
You have no evidence for that statement. The fact is, Redigit has a Santa overhaul he's already showed off. Knowing that, it makes sense to at least release around Christmas time, otherwise we don't see the overhaul for an entire year, and he wouldn't put effort into something like that knowing nobody would see it for a year.

Thusly, I predict an about-christmas release.

It's not something they can fix because it would require rewriting most of the game :p
well ofcourse lol, there's a lot to be rewritten, so it would take some time lol, but to me, it would actually be pretty fun rewriting it, optimizing everything i possibly could ;)

Say that after decompiling terraria e_e

lol yea i've seen, it's a complete mess xd. it would be difficult redoing things but in the end, it would open up quite a lot of possibilities for better features("Endless" worlds, better lighting mechanics, etc.)

lol yea i've seen, it's a complete mess xd. it would be difficult redoing things but in the end, it would open up quite a lot of possibilities for better features("Endless" worlds, better lighting mechanics, etc.)
It would take basically a rewrite of the entire game, though, and the devs don't have that kind of time.

They said that because of the limitation of the game itself (problem with the code etc.), Terraria couldn't be as they really wanted it to be. They could but it would need to redo all the code of the game, so that's why they're planning to do Terraria 2.
EDIT : NINJA'D ! :sigh:%:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom