Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Can someone help me with importing characters and worlds into tmodloader modded Terraria ?
I'm trying to get my chars / worlds from Terraria 1.3.3.3 into latest tmodloader folder, but they don't appear ingame.
Copied folders from cloud to tmodloader, didn't work.
Reinstalling Terraria and tmodloader (5x) didn't work.
I just want to import my characters to tmod Terraria 'cause of Hero's creative mode.
(Noticed that tmodloader uses .tplr instead of .plr, but don't know what to do with it)

Last edited:
Can someone help me with importing characters and worlds into tmodloader modded Terraria ?
I'm trying to get my chars / worlds from Terraria 1.3.3.3 into latest tmodloader folder, but they don't appear ingame.
Copied folders from cloud to tmodloader, didn't work.
Reinstalling Terraria and tmodloader (5x) didn't work.
I just want to import my characters to tmod Terraria 'cause of Hero's creative mode.
(Noticed that tmodloader uses .tplr instead of .plr, but don't know what to do with it)

Go to your documents my games terraria and copy the characters/worlds to the tmodloader ones,i think the mod convert them to work,atleast i did that with a world and it worked correctly

hi, uh...love this site, and the tMODLoader itself, been waiting on mods for Terraria for years, finally able to, so happy ^^

Anyways, i'm having troubles switching it from V 0.8.3.2 to V 0.8.3.4 If there was anyway you could help me, i would appreciate it so much, thanks ^^

hi, uh...love this site, and the tMODLoader itself, been waiting on mods for Terraria for years, finally able to, so happy ^^

Anyways, i'm having troubles switching it from V 0.8.3.2 to V 0.8.3.4 If there was anyway you could help me, i would appreciate it so much, thanks ^^
Are you getting a specific error?

Just unpacking the installer and running it should work fine.

Are you getting a specific error?

Just unpacking the installer and running it should work fine.
well, it's not that. I installed everything to the necessary files, and backed up my original game files...it's just not switching over to the newest update...

well, it's not that. I installed everything to the necessary files, and backed up my original game files...it's just not switching over to the newest update...
By newest update, do you mean the newest tModLoader version (0.8.3.4) or the newest Terraria version (1.3.3.3)? Because tModLoader hasn't been updated to 1.3.3.3 yet.

If you mean the latest tModLoader version, dragging the Terraria.exe from the download folder to your Steam folder manually should work.

By newest update, do you mean the newest tModLoader version (0.8.3.4) or the newest Terraria version (1.3.3.3)? Because tModLoader hasn't been updated to 1.3.3.3 yet.

If you mean the latest tModLoader version, dragging the Terraria.exe from the download folder to your Steam folder manually should work.
Ok, thank you so much, that fixed it ^^

Next time, i'll remember to do that, and not be such a goof.

Hey guys so im playing with my friend using tmodloader and we want to use three mods but when we try to do multiplayer it don't work, i've disabled the mods, complety taken them out and we've gone thought he files to see if anything might be wrong. we got nothing, is anyone got the same problem, Is there a way to fix it??

how i can fix this i cant use the character is the fifth time GNAHHHHHHHHHH
in System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
in System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt16()
in Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.GetCustomData(Int32 type, BinaryReader reader, Boolean hasGlobalSaving)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Default.MysteryItem.LoadCustomData(BinaryReader reader)
in Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.ReadCustomData(Item item, Byte[] data, Boolean hasGlobalSaving)

how i can fix this i cant use the character is the fifth time GNAHHHHHHHHHH
in System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
in System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt16()
in Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.GetCustomData(Int32 type, BinaryReader reader, Boolean hasGlobalSaving)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Default.MysteryItem.LoadCustomData(BinaryReader reader)
in Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.ReadCustomData(Item item, Byte[] data, Boolean hasGlobalSaving)
You've excluded a part of the error message (probably something starting with CS). Please include that as well.

Missing mod: Bleach/Items/HollowWings_Wings
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(EquipTexture equipTexture, ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadItem(Type type)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

i keep getting error for my mod what am i doing wrong?

Is the tModReader broken? I tried to unpack a .tmod file but there weren't any files in the output folder.
This is the Log.
Unpacking BossHealthBars
Found files Info, Windows.dll, Mono.dll, Windows.pdb, BossHealthBar.cs, BossHealthBars.cs, BossHealthBars.sln, description.txt, Player.cs, Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs, UI/Health.png, UI/HealthBar.png in BossHealthBars

Items/Armor/HollowBreastPlate_Body
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(EquipTexture equipTexture, ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadItem(Type type)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

is this indicating i need to make the armor for a female character

Back
Top Bottom