Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Could I leave the original terraria.exe on the desktop and download the tmodloader version, then replace them if I want to play vanilla or modded?

Could I leave the original terraria.exe on the desktop and download the tmodloader version, then replace them if I want to play vanilla or modded?
Yeah. That'll work. You could also rename the tModLoader exe to "tModLoader.exe", leave it in the terraria folder, and just create a shortcut for it.

[doublepost=1475978802,1475978724][/doublepost]
I would also reccomend backing up your worlds and players, just in case.

How would I make my character hold a gun with a stock by its handle? my guy always ends up holding the stock or the empty space below the stock.

"c:\Users\Demon\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Curse\Items\Demon's True Bane.cs(6,20) : error CS1010: Newline in constant"

"c:\Users\Demon\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Curse\Items\Demon's True Bane.cs(6,20) : error CS1012: Too many characters in character literal"

"c:\Users\Notmynamegtfo\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Curse\Items\Demon's True Bane.cs(6,20) : error CS1514: { expected"

"c:\Users\Demon\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Curse\Items\Demon's True Bane.cs(6,20) : error CS1519: Invalid token ''\u0073'' in class, struct, or interface member declaration"

HELP ME!

You can't have spaces or ' characters in class or variable names. You can't have "Demon's True Bane" as a the name of your class, it would have to be more like "DemonsTrueBane".

In the future, you should post the code with the error messages so people can help you fix the errors more accurately.

How would I make my character hold a gun with a stock by its handle? my character always ends up holding the stock or the empty space below the stock.

I have an issue when i try the mod browser it just keeps loading does anyone know why?

While I personally don't know why, I had this happen before, I went into the modcontent files and removed everything. Like, lets say you have thorium.tmodenable or something similar, removing everything with that helped.

Getting more errors...
c:\Users\Demon\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Curse\Items\TheTrueBaneOfDemons.cs(30,34) : error CS1026: ) expected

c:\Users\Demon\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Curse\Items\TheTrueBaneOfDemons.cs(30,39) : error CS1002: ; expected

c:\Users\Demon\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Curse\Items\TheTrueBaneOfDemons.cs(30,39) : error CS1525: Invalid expression term ')'
Should I just give up?
Looks like a simple syntax error. We can't help you with that unless you post your code, like Jeckel asked you to before. :)

Reactions: RK
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace Curse.Items
{
public class TheTrueBaneOfDemons : ModItem
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "The True Bane Of Demons";
item.damage = 4280;
item.melee = true;
item.width = 40;
item.height = 40;
item.toolTip = "May you be defended by the Demon himself.";
item.useTime = 2;
item.useAnimation = 2;
item.useStyle = 1;
item.knockBack = 4280;
item.value = 1000000;
item.rare = 3;
item.useSound = 1;
item.autoReuse = true;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.Chlorophyte, 12);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.Mythril Anvil);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}
Same error as before, you can't use whitespaces in identifiers.

Mythril Anvil should be MythrilAnvil.

Reactions: RK
Back
Top Bottom