Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Did you not see the giant warning not to enable old mods?

SmoGPbN.png
It was a calculated risk, but I'm really bad at math

Is there some way to have a separate version of tmodloader that is 0.10 and one that is 0.9? I'd like to try the new one and play my old world and junk.

I have had this problem, whenever I open a world it crashes...
here is the log
Method not found: 'Void Terraria.Main.NewText(System.Object, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color, Boolean)'.
at MobUtils.MUPlayer.ProcessTriggers(TriggersSet triggersSet)
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.ProcessTriggers(Player player, TriggersSet triggersSet)
at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersSet.CopyInto(Player p)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

to fix your bugs guys, copy and paste terrariaold. rename the copy to terraria.exe, then put in the updated stuff into your steamapps terraria folder, not the my games one. hope this helped :D

currently my computer is having issues installing the new tModLoader for reasons i do not know, it says that the CSteamworks is missing files and when i try to open it it doesnt let me see it. Any suggestions? Because ive been trying to fix it for about 2 days now:sigh:

currently my computer is having issues installing the new tModLoader for reasons i do not know, it says that the CSteamworks is missing files and when i try to open it it doesnt let me see it. Any suggestions? Because ive been trying to fix it for about 2 days now:sigh:
looks like you have wrong version of Terraria. last version of tModLauncher is for 1.3.5 version of Terraria.

My problem: I'm trying to activate "old" mods, that want V 0.9 of tModLoader and got a few errors:
1)looks like this mod doesn't have a class extending Mod. Mods need a Mod class to function.
2)chadsfurni.NPCs.sellItem has instance fields but does not set InstancePerEntity to true. Either use static fields, or per instance globals
in Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.VerifyGlobalNPC(GlobalNPC npc)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddGlobalNPC(String name, GlobalNPC globalNPC)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadGlobalNPC(Type type)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
3)LuckyFinish.Items.LuckyGlobalItem has instance fields but does not set InstancePerEntity to true. Either use static fields, or per instance globals
in Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.VerifyGlobalItem(GlobalItem item)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddGlobalItem(String name, GlobalItem globalItem)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadGlobalItem(Type type)
4)Field not found: "Terraria.Entity.name".
in ExperienceAndClasses.Items.Boss_Orb.SetDefaults()
in Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()

and so on... is there a way to fix it myself or i need to wait for mods creators to fix this?

looks like you have wrong version of Terraria. last version of tModLauncher is for 1.3.5 version of Terraria.

My problem: I'm trying to activate "old" mods, that want V 0.9 of tModLoader and got a few errors:
1)looks like this mod doesn't have a class extending Mod. Mods need a Mod class to function.
2)chadsfurni.NPCs.sellItem has instance fields but does not set InstancePerEntity to true. Either use static fields, or per instance globals
in Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.VerifyGlobalNPC(GlobalNPC npc)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddGlobalNPC(String name, GlobalNPC globalNPC)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadGlobalNPC(Type type)
3)LuckyFinish.Items.LuckyGlobalItem has instance fields but does not set InstancePerEntity to true. Either use static fields, or per instance globals
in Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.VerifyGlobalItem(GlobalItem item)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddGlobalItem(String name, GlobalItem globalItem)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadGlobalItem(Type type)
4)Field not found: "Terraria.Entity.name".
in ExperienceAndClasses.Items.Boss_Orb.SetDefaults()
in Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()

and so on... is there a way to fix it myself or i need to wait for mods creators to fix this?
Virtually all mods need to update, so you'll have to be patient.

Is there some way to have a separate version of tmodloader that is 0.10 and one that is 0.9? I'd like to try the new one and play my old world and junk.
You can duplicate Terraria's game directory then create a v0.9, v0.10 and even a vanilla install if you want to. Problem is, both mod versions will access the same mod folder. I remember people talking about changing the directory that tModLoader uses for mods earlier in the forums, but I can't remember the steps. Can someone who knows help here?

I download tmodloader through the java installer but when i got on this showed up:

Could not load type 'System.Windows.Forms.Form' from assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
at Terraria.Main.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) [0x00030] in <e59682a795764348aff9c820f0a696f8>:0

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hello :D
so, installing tmodloader for 1.3.5
Its going well right now, and I totally can play

CRASH REPORT:
oops, your game has crashed
could not load type 'System.WIndows.Forms.Form

so yeah,
broken.
p.s. using the mac version, so please give an OSX answer, not a windows answer, and I swear SOMEONE ACTUALLY REPLY PLEASE!!!
[doublepost=1496837944,1496837856][/doublepost]Oh, it appears that alot of people are raging on this subject right now

So when i tried to start terraria with the new tModloader v0.10, i got a black screen and a message saying that my display has "No connection" (using DisplayPort btw) and whenever i alt+tab out of the game, it connects again and the rest works like it should. It only happens with Terraria it seems like.

Thanks in advance. :happy:

Im still having problems with this
Method not found: 'Void Terraria.Main.NewText(System.Object, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Color, Boolean)'.
at MobUtils.MUPlayer.ProcessTriggers(TriggersSet triggersSet)
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.ProcessTriggers(Player player, TriggersSet triggersSet)
at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersSet.CopyInto(Player p)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

What I do?
System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'Init' in DLL 'CSteamworks'.
at Steamwork.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_Init ()
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize ()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize (Nullable'1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (String [] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Huzzah, the thread now enjoys some fancy new headers and banner! Enjoy it ;3 Who doesn't love some good ol' gold?

Ok, wondering if you guys can help me with something, I am looking for this mod called Overpowered it was called though I think the filename was called MyFirst:red:eMod or something, and this was before I updated, does anybody have a link to the mod thread so that I can download it again? Cause I would like to have a copy of it around in case, plus if it is possblae and allowed I would like to inspect it's code and see how it ticks.

Back
Top Bottom