Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

how do you make an npc drop modded items(right now it drops pillar statues)
code:
public override void NPCLoot()
{
if (Main.rand.Next(1) == 0)
{
Item.NewItem((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, mod.TileType("UselessMachinery"), Main.rand.Next(1, 2));
}
}
[doublepost=1505889816,1505889649][/doublepost]any help?...
[doublepost=1505890297][/doublepost]uh, Help??

how do you make an npc drop modded items(right now it drops pillar statues)
code:
public override void NPCLoot()
{
if (Main.rand.Next(1) == 0)
{
Item.NewItem((int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, npc.width, npc.height, mod.TileType("UselessMachinery"), Main.rand.Next(1, 2));
}
}
[doublepost=1505889816,1505889649][/doublepost]any help?...
[doublepost=1505890297][/doublepost]uh, Help??
you put TileType there, should be ItemType
[doublepost=1505892532][/doublepost]
I also made armor but it is overidding hair...
There is a DrawHair hook, maybe look for that in the documentation.

I was looking at the wiki :(, now I found the documentation (Hopefully)
[doublepost=1505895293,1505894800][/doublepost]Is there a translater for the documentation, I just cant read it

I was looking at the wiki :(, now I found the documentation (Hopefully)
[doublepost=1505895293,1505894800][/doublepost]Is there a translater for the documentation, I just cant read it
You'll get more help if you point out what doesn't make sense to you.

Still Failing.jpg
=

public struct PlayerDrawInfo
{
public Player drawPlayer;
public bool drawHair;
public bool drawAltHair;
}

public struct PlayerHeadDrawInfo
{
public bool drawHair;
public bool drawAltHair;
}
[doublepost=1505896744,1505896353][/doublepost]um... I know I am impatient... but I posted the code

Hello. I really like tModloader. (Who doesn't? :p) But I was wondering about an issue I'm having with it. You see, on Windows, big mods like Thorium and Spirit Mod load pretty much instantly. But on my Linux computer, it has to initialize for a long time (like 5 mins tops) before it gets to the main menu. Is there any reason for this? I'm just wondering I guess... It makes it really hard to test or switch mods for multiplayer.

View attachment 183639 =

public struct PlayerDrawInfo
{
public Player drawPlayer;
public bool drawHair;
public bool drawAltHair;
}

public struct PlayerHeadDrawInfo
{
public bool drawHair;
public bool drawAltHair;
}
[doublepost=1505896744,1505896353][/doublepost]um... I know I am impatient... but I posted the code
drawPlayer is the Player that is being drawn, and those others are bools representing whether or not various parts of the hair will be drawn.

This is a struct passed into ModPlayer.ModifyDrawInfo, useful for advanced things like costumes, armor sets and effects.

I have this problem with thorium and calamity so that when i try and use them together their MP3's mess up. Help?

Last edited:
Nope. PM me with more questions please. You can send me a private message by clicking on the 'Start a Conversation' link that appears under my avatar at the bottom
hey i got an better idea!

a gun thats totally overpowered that would be made an endgame upgrade to the venus magnum!

the super blaster 2.0!
Super Blaster 2.0.png

just copy it and download it

and make it a mod called the super blaster 2.0!

and make the mod for me cuz when i make mods i get errors

make it do

70 ranged damage
5.5 knockback
critical chance: 24%
use time: 8
velocity: 13.5

tooltip: get destroyed enemies
rarity: red
sell: 7 gold

best modifier: unreal

and make it the shooting sound the same as
flintlock pistol
the undertaker
red ryder
musket
etc

i used a sprite of the 1.0 phoenix blaster sprite

and i recolored it

View attachment 183387 here you got the tonbogiri sprite

View attachment 183388 and here you got the projectile sprite of the tonbogiri

so, if i dont know how to mod,

can you do a tonbogiri mod for me?

cuz i dont know how to make mods

im just a good mod tester

and make it with the same stats as the terraria wiki says

after making it send it to me
According to Re-Logic, console-exclusive mods are disallowed. Ik, it makes me sad too. Just keep the sprites and item info somewhere safe until it is allowed, or until they rebalance and re-release it and allow mods and then you can make a nostalagia unbalancing mod
[doublepost=1506037121,1506036545][/doublepost]Thank you, Tmod team, for finally making the big mods load again!
However, there is a new problem. Every time i try to load a world the game crashes with this error:

NOTHING! There is no error! NOT EVEN AN EMPTY WINDOW. I have tried reinstalling Terraria and Tmod separately twice, tried new worlds, making triple backups.... you get the idea...........

Edit: It appears that not even the mod worlds that accidentally cloud saved to vanilla are safe. And those worlds didn't have any modded tiles or items in them. just worlds created in TML.

Last edited:
but
According to Re-Logic, console-exclusive mods are disallowed. Ik, it makes me sad too. Just keep the sprites and item info somewhere safe until it is allowed, or until they rebalance and re-release it and allow mods and then you can make a nostalagia unbalancing mod
[doublepost=1506037121,1506036545][/doublepost]Thank you, Tmod team, for finally making the big mods load again!
However, there is a new problem. Every time i try to load a world the game crashes with this error:

NOTHING! There is no error! NOT EVEN AN EMPTY WINDOW. I have tried reinstalling Terraria and Tmod separately twice, tried new worlds, making triple backups.... you get the idea...........

but boiii do you like the idea of the old sprite recolor of the old phoenix blaster sprite?

Ive got a mind blowing idea for Tmodloader, a Linux package that has actual Linux files and not just the windows ones, please. It just irks me a bit when I download a version clearly marked Linux and am greeted with .exe files.

Back
Top Bottom